Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on 2/8/16 at 8:11pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Streetweat & Denim Last post on 2/15/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 10/26/15 at 3:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** - Page 75
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1112 of 29204/14/13 at 7:50ampost #1113 of 29204/15/13 at 8:48ampost #1114 of 29204/15/13 at 9:04ampost #1115 of 29204/15/13 at 10:29ampost #1116 of 29204/17/13 at 11:48pmI've been on the lookout for a bomber jacket for a while with winter on its way in Sydney. I stumbled across an Ervell bomber @ WoodWood on sale in what I figured would be my size, L.Clearer pictures of this particular jacket are here; [url]http://blog.maasandstacks.com/?p=398[/url]A few people advised me it would not be a good fit for me, however with simple returns I gave it a shot and it arrived today.Let me start by saying that this is an incredibly nice jacket. The material is beautiful and I wish I was completely satisfied, but I'm not used to wearing such a jacket and I fear it might not be the right fit. My initial thoughts were that it's not quite right however the more I've worn it this past hour, the more I like it. I really like the shape but I think it could be slimmer in the body (it's very round even though it's not padded/quilted). I may even have fitted into an M, though there was only this Large size in stock. An M would have been too short in the body also I'd say now looking at the pictures below. A tucked shirt or at the most a short T would look great with this, but not an untucked shirt unless it too is quite short. Ultimately, I am just unsure about the round shape on my body. It doesn't hug at all as some of you might be familiar with.Anyway, some pictures.post #1117 of 29204/18/13 at 12:33amQuote:
not too tight not too loose. perfect imo. small measures 5.8" at opening.Quote:
gtfo. looks good dude. keep it.post #1118 of 29204/18/13 at 1:35amIMO Ervell always fits like that elisi, short / boxy / longer in the arms
It didn't work for, I ended up selling (or soon to) most of my Ervell
However if the fit did work, I could easily only wear Ervell alone, prices are really good for the quality. Also, he is producing good designs again after a 2-3 season hiatuspost #1119 of 29204/18/13 at 1:40ampost #1120 of 29204/18/13 at 2:38am
Thanks guys. Took another picture under a different light and tried un-tucking my shirt.
Having worn it a little longer, the only part I am really questioning is front of the armpit / corner of my chest where it's most boxy.
Though this is probably quite common with this style of jacket. I don't think it looks bad by any means, but simply not used to it.
Length and sleeves are fine (sleeves maybe half an inch too long). If my shirt was perhaps a fraction shorter, it might just be perfect?post #1121 of 29204/18/13 at 2:47ampost #1122 of 29204/18/13 at 4:17ampost #1123 of 29204/18/13 at 7:29ampost #1124 of 29204/18/13 at 1:04pm
- *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 second ago
- › Loafers with a suit? 14 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 56 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...