Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions Last post on 2/28/14 at 12:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition Last post on 5/16/14 at 7:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Viberg Boots - Page 422post #6316 of 176667/23/14 at 9:34ampost #6317 of 176667/23/14 at 9:36ampost #6318 of 176667/23/14 at 9:37ampost #6319 of 176667/23/14 at 9:38ampost #6320 of 176667/23/14 at 9:41ampost #6321 of 176667/23/14 at 9:44ampost #6322 of 176667/23/14 at 9:52ampost #6323 of 176667/23/14 at 9:52amThanks gents. When I missed out on the Bourbon Shell Blitz I told myself, no big deal. But now that I see in person how these turned out, whoever got in on that order is one lucky SOB.
No wife pics, but thinking back 11 years, I think it was cheaper to do all of her immigration paperwork/fees than it was to secure these boots. D'OH !post #6324 of 176667/23/14 at 9:56amQuote:Originally Posted by sazon
Thanks gents. When I missed out on the Bourbon Shell Blitz I told myself, no big deal. But now that I see in person how these turned out, whoever got in on that order is one lucky SOB.
No wife pics, but thinking back 11 years, I think it was cheaper to do all of her immigration paperwork/fees than it was to secure these boots. D'OH !
We'll just have to take your word for it that the order is 1.Wife and 2.Boots, then...post #6325 of 176667/23/14 at 9:56amThe sizing issue is common with Viberg. Every brand uses Vibergs printed size without fail, and either labels them US or UK depending on their opinion. The problem is that some people see US as sneaker rather than dress shoe sizing. If you go from a 10 sneaker to a Viberg you will likely want to size a full size down, and many brands don't realize that UK sizing is actually a full size further down.
Regardless Viberg considers their sizes as US for certain. And no retailer has modified the labeled size.post #6326 of 176667/23/14 at 9:59amQuote:Originally Posted by wdahab
The sizing issue is common with Viberg. Every brand uses Vibergs printed size without fail, and either labels them US or UK depending on their opinion. The problem is that some people see US as sneaker rather than dress shoe sizing. If you go from a 10 sneaker to a Viberg you will likely want to size a full size down, and many brands don't realize that UK sizing is actually a full size further down.
Regardless Viberg considers their sizes as US for certain. And no retailer has modified the labeled size.
Really?post #6327 of 176667/23/14 at 10:19am
First off, congrats to Sazon because those boots are awesome!
Second, the sizing is no different than say the Barrie last. It is commonly accepted that the printed size on Barrie is around .5 smaller than the actual shoe fits. Viberg is just the same, you see the size that is posted and and understand they will fit at least .5 size bigger depending on the last.
Ex: Barrie 7.5D = 8D brannock (roughly)
Viberg 2030 7D = 7.75D brannock (from my experience)
It's not as simple as just that but you get what I mean, they both run large compared to their printed sizes.post #6328 of 176667/23/14 at 10:20ampost #6329 of 176667/23/14 at 10:21ampost #6330 of 176667/23/14 at 10:56amRight, the aspect I'm talking about isn't the "our shoes run a size big" it's that some Viberg stockists say that they are selling 10UK, and another will say 10US, and yet another will just say 10. All of those are the exact same boot, being labeled by Viberg as a 10, but it confuses customers who will have bought one Viberg in size 10US, and worry about whether they should buy another (same last) in a 10UK or a 9UK.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Colin Kaepernick is an a-hole 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a specific Alden makeup 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 3 minutes ago
- › Raw Denim on a Budget 4 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 4 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 7 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding