Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 10/28/15 at 1:21am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 10/26/15 at 8:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions Last post on 2/28/14 at 12:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition Last post on 5/16/14 at 7:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Viberg Boots - Page 402
Styleforum Top Picks
I like to keep the laces the original length.
I have to loosen them substantially to get my feet in the boots, so I like to not have to unlace them as much as I can.
I could double knot them and make them shorter, but I chose not to.
Not an ignorant question at all. You see, Brooklyn Clothing likes Viberg's as much as we do and they are afraid that if they post them online, they might sell quicker. They would rather hold into them, I mean...wouldn't you?
I suspected it was something along these lines. Damn. Do they do phone orders?
There are plenty of other real nice options out there. So as nice as Vibergs are they aren'lt the end all be all for me. But then again neither is Edward Green or Rancourt. I enjoy being able to chose a boot or shoe that is more appropriate for the wardrobe I've chosen to wear that day.
Received my pair of cinnamon RO 2040 today (pics possibly later...on vacation so maybe much later) but unfortunately the right boot did not fit well at all. I was wearing loafer liners when I tried the boots on and the instep on the right boot was way too tight and the heel cup felt too tight as well (whereas on the left foot, everything felt snug but not invasive or tight). So I guess I'm going to have to send them back for either an exchange for a size up or full return for a different boot. I'm not sure at this point.
FWIW, I thought the color of the boots was much better in person than in any product pictures I've seen. Even in my own photos the color was washing out with natural light. The color was much more red-orange and saturated than online. This was my first in-person interaction with Vibergs and I must say they are built like tanks. I couldn't find any details or imperfections that I found warranted a return, but I did find that one of the stitch-down stitches ended one stitch before the edge of the leather rather than one stitch past it (only one side on one boot). Other than that, I loved the construction from my brief handling and am excited to get a pair that fits and break them in.
- Viberg Boots
Styleforum Top Picks
- › What kind of fabric is this? 11 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 41 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 8 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories