or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 399

post #5971 of 6497
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post


Still can't believe any of these are available, in any sizes.


Out of all the cordovan footwear I own (I own one in almost every color) the natural for me stands at the top for its complexity and "naturalness."  Its qualities are much more evident whereas, the other's although nice, look flat and uninteresting in comparison, with all the tinkering and sports car glaze they use. Pictures here dont it justice

post #5972 of 6497

My first Boondockers...loving the 1035 last!  Just went for a 3 mile walk in them and so far so good!!

 

post #5973 of 6497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneleigh View Post
 

My first Boondockers...loving the 1035 last!  Just went for a 3 mile walk in them and so far so good!!

 

 

Looks fantastic!

post #5974 of 6497
Quote:
 Originally Posted by Paul Travi View Post

Even when the Chukka is not my favorite model, is difficult to believe that didnt sell yet. The Pashwar Nappa Suede looks pretty nice.

 

I got the nappa suede chukkas.  :)

 

post #5975 of 6497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneleigh View Post

My first Boondockers...loving the 1035 last!  Just went for a 3 mile walk in them and so far so good!!

 


How did you size them with respect to Alden Barrie or 2030?
post #5976 of 6497
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post


How did you size them with respect to Alden Barrie or 2030?

 

I got the same size as I do with 2030.  I thought I read somewhere to go a half size down in the 1035 and I'm sure glad I didn't take that advice!  I'm a perfect USA 10.5D.  I have the most average foot you could imagine, not too wide, not too narrow.  I'm a perfect 10 in Alden Barrie and Trubalance.  And I have Vibergs in 2030, 110 and 1035 lasts, all of which I take in a 9.5 and they fit perfectly.  And just as a side note, people always think you should size down in the 110 because of the width.  I have tried them in a 9 and it fits, but barely.  The length is the issue, regardless of the width, at least in my experience. The 9.5 fits perfectly.  Unless there is a seriously compelling reason, I will probably always order 9.5 in every Viberg last.  So far it's been dead on for me.

post #5977 of 6497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneleigh View Post
 

 

I got the same size as I do with 2030.  I thought I read somewhere to go a half size down in the 1035 and I'm sure glad I didn't take that advice!  I'm a perfect USA 10.5D.  I have the most average foot you could imagine, not too wide, not too narrow.  I'm a perfect 10 in Alden Barrie and Trubalance.  And I have Vibergs in 2030, 110 and 1035 lasts, all of which I take in a 9.5 and they fit perfectly.  And just as a side note, people always think you should size down in the 110 because of the width.  I have tried them in a 9 and it fits, but barely.  The length is the issue, regardless of the width, at least in my experience. The 9.5 fits perfectly.  Unless there is a seriously compelling reason, I will probably always order 9.5 in every Viberg last.  So far it's been dead on for me.

 

This just goes to show that all feet are different.  I consider my feet to be fairly normal as well.  The usual advice is to go with your Barrie size for most of the Viberg lasts. And you've actually sized 1/2 down from your Barrie.  

 

I went with my Barrie size for Service Boots in the 2030 and also in the 2045 last.  The fit on the 2030's is perfect and 1/2 down on those just wouldn't work.  Now on the 2045's, I might have been able to (barely) adjust to 1/2 down (i.e., a full size down from TTS).  But I'm happy with the way I sized them as I can wear thicker socks if I want.

post #5978 of 6497
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post
 

 

This just goes to show that all feet are different.  I consider my feet to be fairly normal as well.  The usual advice is to go with your Barrie size for most of the Viberg lasts. And you've actually sized 1/2 down from your Barrie.  

 

I went with my Barrie size for Service Boots in the 2030 and also in the 2045 last.  The fit on the 2030's is perfect and 1/2 down on those just wouldn't work.  Now on the 2045's, I might have been able to (barely) adjust to 1/2 down (i.e., a full size down from TTS).  But I'm happy with the way I sized them as I can wear thicker socks if I want.

I'm the same as you, I would not be able to size down on the 2030 from the barrie last. With the 2045 it fits fine but I could probably get by with a 1/2 size down as well.

post #5979 of 6497
I do have done from Barrie. The 2030 is wider than Barrie, but I wear an 8D and 7.5 in the 2030.

Since the rec for Barrie is to go half down from Brannock (8E), I am confident I could fit a 7.5E in Barrie, in which case it would be on par with my 2030 sizing. I might even squeeze into a 7, though Vibergs don't have much cushioning and my plantar acts up quickly. I need my damn insoles.
post #5980 of 6497
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

This just goes to show that all feet are different.  I consider my feet to be fairly normal as well.  The usual advice is to go with your Barrie size for most of the Viberg lasts. And you've actually sized 1/2 down from your Barrie.  

I went with my Barrie size for Service Boots in the 2030 and also in the 2045 last.  The fit on the 2030's is perfect and 1/2 down on those just wouldn't work.  Now on the 2045's, I might have been able to (barely) adjust to 1/2 down (i.e., a full size down from TTS).  But I'm happy with the way I sized them as I can wear thicker socks if I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical View Post

I'm the same as you, I would not be able to size down on the 2030 from the barrie last. With the 2045 it fits fine but I could probably get by with a 1/2 size down as well.

Exactly the same for me. Barrie sizing for me in 2030 boots is perfect. I may have been able to go down .5 in 2045 but I am not positive and very happy with the fit.

The caveat to this is that I ordered the natty CXL derby a half size down from my Barrie abd 2030 boot size. I plan to wear that with much thinner socks and wanted to prevent excessive heel slippage.
post #5981 of 6497
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post
 

 

This just goes to show that all feet are different.  I consider my feet to be fairly normal as well.  The usual advice is to go with your Barrie size for most of the Viberg lasts. And you've actually sized 1/2 down from your Barrie.  

 

I went with my Barrie size for Service Boots in the 2030 and also in the 2045 last.  The fit on the 2030's is perfect and 1/2 down on those just wouldn't work.  Now on the 2045's, I might have been able to (barely) adjust to 1/2 down (i.e., a full size down from TTS).  But I'm happy with the way I sized them as I can wear thicker socks if I want.

 

Actually, the Viberg site says:  

 

"As a general rule of thumb our boots fit about a size larger than normal.  More specifically, if you measure a 9 on a Brannock device chances are you will be comfortable wearing an 8 in our boots." 

 

I find this to be exactly the case for me.  A half size down instead of a full size would be too snug for me.  Same with Alden...they recommend sizing down a half size and I find that to be accurate for me as well.  But as you said, all feet are different and that is certainly true.

post #5982 of 6497

The internet has been a complete revelation for folks who aren't lucky enough to have a decent shoe shop locally. It's fantastic that so much information and advice is readily available for those seeking advice buying quality shoes anf for others addictions/compulsions can be fed and nurtured but at the end of the day the best pair of boots you can buy are ones that fit properly.

From reading various threads I suspect many would be advised to choose a different size, last or maker if they were fitted by a professional. 

 

 

 

 

 

Edit: Not aimed at anyone in particular, just a general observation.

post #5983 of 6497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneleigh View Post
 

 

Actually, the Viberg site says:  

 

"As a general rule of thumb our boots fit about a size larger than normal.  More specifically, if you measure a 9 on a Brannock device chances are you will be comfortable wearing an 8 in our boots." 

 

I find this to be exactly the case for me.  A half size down instead of a full size would be too snug for me.  Same with Alden...they recommend sizing down a half size and I find that to be accurate for me as well.  But as you said, all feet are different and that is certainly true.

 

I meant to say that a half size down would be too big for me, not too snug.

post #5984 of 6497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneleigh View Post

I meant to say that a half size down would be too big for me, not too snug.

About a week ago I commented on a 7.5 2030 Service boot being perhaps a bit small for my 8.5c Brannock foot - just a tad lengthwise. From a volume perspective it's a pretty good fit.

Now I'm not so sure. There is that sensation of my forefoot 'riding up' into the toebox, but OTOH, these have more toe spring than I'm used to... compared to any of my aldens, the toe ends up nearly a half inch higher.

This is causing no shortage of grief for me as I was one of the lucky few to snag those Brandys, and as they're a pre-order I have time still to set my size. I asked Guy to change them to an 8, but now I'm not so sure... not exactly like I'm going to have a second chance to nail my size in a grail boot that will likely not come around again.
post #5985 of 6497
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandall10 View Post


About a week ago I commented on a 7.5 2030 Service boot being perhaps a bit small for my 8.5c Brannock foot - just a tad lengthwise. From a volume perspective it's a pretty good fit.

Now I'm not so sure. There is that sensation of my forefoot 'riding up' into the toebox, but OTOH, these have more toe spring than I'm used to... compared to any of my aldens, the toe ends up nearly a half inch higher.

This is causing no shortage of grief for me as I was one of the lucky few to snag those Brandys, and as they're a pre-order I have time still to set my size. I asked Guy to change them to an 8, but now I'm not so sure... not exactly like I'm going to have a second chance to nail my size in a grail boot that will likely not come around again.

How tight do you lace your boots up?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots