or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 307

post #4591 of 9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzlulu View Post
 

+1

I wouldn't mind trying a pair of Viberg's however at $800 and on the blind without being able to try on a pair to determine my size - no thanks.

I see that Viberg has been stocking items on their website and offer a return policy for full refund.  It could be a good way to determine size however it appears that most of the styles are very broken with few sizes remaining.  Will they be restocking?

 

The 3sixteen makeup looks great however - same problem.  A $1000 boot - and no returns.  How can anyone pull the trigger without knowing exactly what size they will be.

 

Most of us know what size we are in other similarly shaped/sized lasts, so it's not that difficult to do.  If you have a question about what size to get, you could always just post here or e-mail viberg and somebody can help you figure that out.

post #4592 of 9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzlulu View Post

+1
I wouldn't mind trying a pair of Viberg's however at $800 and on the blind without being able to try on a pair to determine my size - no thanks.
I see that Viberg has been stocking items on their website and offer a return policy for full refund.  It could be a good way to determine size however it appears that most of the styles are very broken with few sizes remaining.  Will they be restocking?

The 3sixteen makeup looks great however - same problem.  A $1000 boot - and no returns.  How can anyone pull the trigger without knowing exactly what size they will be.

Which 3sixteen boot is $1000?

And anyone find Viberg laces a bit short? Have barely any laces left to tie shoe
post #4593 of 9441

Corrected - $720

at that price does it really make a difference - one needs to be 100% sure about fit

post #4594 of 9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm137 View Post
 

 

Most of us know what size we are in other similarly shaped/sized lasts, so it's not that difficult to do.  If you have a question about what size to get, you could always just post here or e-mail viberg and somebody can help you figure that out.

 

Not quite.  I spent close to 30 years designing and manufacturing mens shoes.  Ten different styles (or patterns) on the same exact last will each fit differently.  I know that I take a 81/2 on a Trickers Stow 4997 - that does not mean I can be sure that a 81/2 Viberg will fit me.  I am simply saying that it is a big stretch buying a pair of any brands shoes at these price points without being able to try them on - and return them if necessary in case they do not fit.

I seem to see quite a few postings on this forum from people selling shoes and clothes which ended up not fitting once they arrived in the mail.  Its one thing if it is a $100 pair of jeans - another for a $800 pair of shoes (or sportcoat or anything for that matter)

post #4595 of 9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzlulu View Post

Not quite.  I spent close to 30 years designing and manufacturing mens shoes.  Ten different styles (or patterns) on the same exact last will each fit differently.  I know that I take a 81/2 on a Trickers Stow 4997 - that does not mean I can be sure that a 81/2 Viberg will fit me.  I am simply saying that it is a big stretch buying a pair of any brands shoes at these price points without being able to try them on - and return them if necessary in case they do not fit.
I seem to see quite a few postings on this forum from people selling shoes and clothes which ended up not fitting once they arrived in the mail.  Its one thing if it is a $100 pair of jeans - another for a $800 pair of shoes (or sportcoat or anything for that matter)

It's definitely an issue. But one thing that helps is that Viberg is very re-sellable.
post #4596 of 9441

^ uhhhhh…unless you bought them on steep discount, you'll never get your money back.

post #4597 of 9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal42 View Post
 

^ uhhhhh…unless you bought them on steep discount, you'll never get your money back.

I disagree. 

Depending on the model, they have an excellent resale value. 

I would contend that someone could resell the shell cordovan boot for retail if it is worn a few times. 

post #4598 of 9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

I disagree. 

Depending on the model, they have an excellent resale value. 

I would contend that someone could resell the shell cordovan boot for retail if it is worn a few times. 

 

Right, because of the limited runs and high demand, you can usually resell an unworn boot for retail if it doesn't fit.  Not ideal system by any means, but it does help.

post #4599 of 9441
The process of buying shoes before knowing how they'd fit, and working with a company where returns are difficult (if not impossible), isn't unique to Viberg. Before Vass and Carmina were stocked by various online retailers, many people worked with those brands under the same conditions.

And while some people had to resell at a small loss, most people seemed to get by just fine.

FWIW, I bought my Vibergs from 3sixteen. They came and fit perfectly. I just ordered another service boot from Viberg directly using the same sizing (which is a full size down, for some reason, rather than a half).
post #4600 of 9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

The process of buying shoes before knowing how they'd fit, and working with a company where returns are difficult (if not impossible), isn't unique to Viberg. Before Vass and Carmina were stocked by various online retailers, many people worked with those brands under the same conditions.

And while some people had to resell at a small loss, most people seemed to get by just fine.

FWIW, I bought my Vibergs from 3sixteen. They came and fit perfectly. I just ordered another service boot from Viberg directly using the same sizing (which is a full size down, for some reason, rather than a half).

 

I will take a brody on a pair of $200-$300 dollar shoes.

I will not on a pair of $700 ones.

imho

post #4601 of 9441
Buying shoes/boots @forum group buys is same as getting into RAW denim culture.

It may not be feasible/practical for most, but [this] is more of an enthusiast/hobbyist sorta thing. It's either you get it or you don't.

Hence, they're always limited run, cuz only a few are willing to roll the dice wink.gif
post #4602 of 9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

I disagree. 
Depending on the model, they have an excellent resale value. 
I would contend that someone could resell the shell cordovan boot for retail if it is worn a few times. 

I'd be surprised if you couldn't sell it for retail if you tried it on. I've seen the Leffot x Viberg shell boots go for more than retail on the secondary market.
post #4603 of 9441

I need this boot in my life. How did I miss these? Where can I score a pair?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

Yeah, it is more noticeable in the sun. Maybe I will take a close up of the blue later.

Brushing brings it right back to dark blue, but after a little wear it comes out nicely.

See detail below:

 

post #4604 of 9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser133 View Post
I need this boot in my life. How did I miss these? Where can I score a pair?

 

No longer available, they were a one-time deal a month back. Maybe they'll another batch in the future (way way future).

post #4605 of 9441
Dudes nobody is getting into $700 Vibergs because they are thrifty.
It's a pay to play situation.
If you want a cheaper option for boots there are loads of them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots