or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 4

post #46 of 7491
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post
^yup, MTO or you can chase them at the store that ordered the collab. there's a special thread on SuFu regarding a Viberg group buy [organized by Edmond, a.k.a. Demonito]. there are about 15 peeps on the list. just add yourself on the list.

you can pick the model, leather/leather combo & color/s, & trims [soles, heels, buckles, etc.]__ i.e., my specs for a pair of 5" Viberg Service Boots: capped "Work" toes w/single Celastic, bown Chromexcel vamp & uppers x taupe Bullhide [heel] counters, single leather mid-soles [natural color trims], Vibram composite half-soles, "cuban" Cat's Paw heels, all nickel eyelets, cut-top.

I recently purchased a pair of Vibergs and am trying to envision your specs on my boots. Please post pics when you have a chance. Your boots sound amazing
post #47 of 7491
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post
I recently purchased a pair of Vibergs and am trying to envision your specs on my boots. Please post pics when you have a chance. Your boots sound amazing
unfortunately, until the group buy segues into production, it'd all be a figment of the imagination .
post #48 of 7491
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post
^yup, MTO or you can chase them at the store that ordered the collab. there's a special thread on SuFu regarding a Viberg group buy [organized by Edmond, a.k.a. Demonito]. there are about 15 peeps on the list. just add yourself on the list.

you can pick the model, leather/leather combo & color/s, & trims [soles, heels, buckles, etc.]__ i.e., my specs for a pair of 5" Viberg Service Boots: capped "Work" toes w/single Celastic, bown Chromexcel vamp & uppers x taupe Bullhide [heel] counters, single leather mid-soles [natural color trims], Vibram composite half-soles, "cuban" Cat's Paw heels, all nickel eyelets, cut-top.


Thanks, I believe I ran across that thread actually! I'll give it another look

Any chance there's a catalog site or PDF kicking around that outlines the trim options available?
post #49 of 7491
^there's really very limited stuff written about them [in english, that is]. i usually just check out mags @Kinukuniya. anyway, i don't know if you already know, but here is a link:

http://vibergboot.wordpress.com/
post #50 of 7491
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuppieSkuppie View Post
To everyone complaining about the price... what are you, in high school? Quality wise, they're worth every penny. Sure there's some diminishing returns between a $300 boot and a $600 boot, but that's the way it is with everything. Those 4Horsemen boots are amazing, I've seen them in person. They're too narrow for me, but I had some custom boots made by Viberg for me instead. Essentially they're bobcats on their 110 last (same as on one of their loggers and their oxfords), with a dark reddish leather and a few little changes. I just posted them in another thread but I'll take any excuse to show them off. This is after a couple months of wear; they still need more polishing.
Thanks to YuppieSkuppie for posting the specs on these wonderful looking boots in another thread. I have looked at Viberg's Bobcat model in their showroom and like on their website, the toe is very bulbous and steel toe / work boot looking. I think I will visit their workshop on Saturday for a fitting and see if I can spec in a build for a pair of these!
post #51 of 7491
Went to the Viberg shop today and ordered a pair of their #36 Bobcat size 9-1/2 4E in Merlot Chromexcel with brass eyelets and 2 speed hooks. Vibram 1276 Siera lug outsoles and natural midsoles. $100 down and eight weeks to go! Pics to follow.
post #52 of 7491
Where can I buy Viberg's online? I love the fac that they have a blog and absolutely no way to purchase the boots they post. Why bother?
post #53 of 7491
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post
Where can I buy Viberg's online? I love the fac that they have a blog and absolutely no way to purchase the boots they post. Why bother?

You can purchase all of those boots, they're available at many retailers in Asia.
post #54 of 7491
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post
Where can I buy Viberg's online? I love the fac that they have a blog and absolutely no way to purchase the boots they post. Why bother?

From the "Find a Retailer" part of Viberg's website:

http://www.workboot.com/find_retailers
post #55 of 7491
Looks like I can find them in Podunksville, USA and pretty much nowhere online. Awesome!
post #56 of 7491
These boots were made for style Great article in local paper about Viberg. Also, a shot of my icy mocha chromexcel service boots.
post #57 of 7491
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBERTHA View Post
These boots were made for style Great article in local paper about Viberg. Also, a shot of my icy mocha chromexcel service boots.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I just picked up those same boots (I think) off the forum a couple of weeks ago. Love them.
post #58 of 7491
speaking of "Merlot Chromexcel" - here are mine that I finally received a few weeks ago... will spend some time breaking them in before I finally polish them and have them show their true color.
post #59 of 7491
post #60 of 7491
A pair of the coolest Vibergs in the wester hemisphere. Great make up, Ryan.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots