Thinking if I want navy, I might go with the midnight reverse kudu. Problem is I need a half size because of my wide feet. I wonder how much these would stretch if I went with a half size down...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions Last post on 2/28/14 at 12:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition Last post on 5/16/14 at 7:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Viberg Boots - Page 173post #2582 of 179371/10/14 at 12:12pmpost #2583 of 179371/10/14 at 12:16pmpost #2584 of 179371/10/14 at 12:17pmpost #2585 of 179371/10/14 at 12:20pmpost #2586 of 179371/10/14 at 12:22pm
Does anyone know why the toe box on the navy shells look puffier compared to other models with a similar makeup?
Thanks!post #2587 of 179371/10/14 at 12:24pmpost #2588 of 179371/10/14 at 12:28pmpost #2589 of 179371/10/14 at 12:35pmpost #2590 of 179371/10/14 at 12:36pm
I'm pretty sure i only ever said "around $1000" or "just over $1000", but if i mislead anyone i apologize. Technically speaking this boot should have been a bit more than the Black version because of the lining.Quote:
It's definitely more obviously blue in natural light. It's a very wearable colour.Quote:Originally Posted by bkotsko
It is all about the lighting.
I had navy shell Riders that I ended up getting rid of, that like other shell changed significantly in different lighting.
The work in progress pics on the IG account showed this specific pair lighter.
I guess I will see how these come out in person in March...
And as we all know, the price point is all about the demand.... (keep in mind that this thread has been fairly alive with action related to this offering)
The studio lighting tends to be a little flat and i try not to alter the colour of the product shots for consistency's sake. The photo on the homepage and in this thread is the exact same boot and gives a better idea of what colour to expect in natural light. The shells are already at the factory and this sample was cut from the same batch, so the the production run will be essentially identical. I'm not sure whether you're referring to the raw costs of cordovan or the price of our boots, but i can assure you this thread or any other perceived demand has absolutely 0 bearing on our pricing. The raw material costs on a cordovan boot made in our factory with our components is higher than the retail price of many other brands.post #2591 of 179371/10/14 at 12:40pmpost #2592 of 179371/10/14 at 12:41pmQuote:
Yeah you might be able to pay less for some others, but it usually even cost more for Alden shells when compared to Allen Edmonds. But I have to say it's always been worth that little extra premium to me. I've yet to be disappointed.post #2593 of 179371/10/14 at 12:41pmQuote:
This is so far from the truth i don't even know where to begin. 10% would hardly cover the internal materials on any of our boots.post #2594 of 179371/10/14 at 12:41pmpost #2595 of 179371/10/14 at 12:44pmQuote:
10% is a material difference, i.e. its significant, not talking about the cost of materials, I completely agree that wouldn't come close.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 8 minutes ago
- › Peacoat fit advice 12 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition 13 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 15 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...