Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions Last post on 2/28/14 at 12:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition Last post on 5/16/14 at 7:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: Yesterday
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Viberg Boots - Page 17
Styleforum Top Pickspost #242 of 1557712/8/12 at 3:56pmpost #243 of 1557712/18/12 at 1:03pmpost #244 of 1557712/20/12 at 3:18ampost #245 of 1557712/20/12 at 7:32ampost #246 of 1557712/21/12 at 7:01ampost #247 of 1557712/21/12 at 3:16pmpost #248 of 1557712/23/12 at 10:27ampost #249 of 1557712/23/12 at 4:02pm
The Boondockers are nice looking shoes - the Nigel Cabourn service boot even nicer - however I am really having a problem with the price of these. $665 plus shipping puts them at $700. Trickers cost me $500 - Red Wings are half price. Sorry just my opinion - and what is keeping me from pulling the trigger. Nice shoes though.post #250 of 1557712/25/12 at 2:25pmI have a pair of service boots that were made of Walnut Cordovan. They are one of a kind. Brett had been using them at trade shows around the World for quite some time. I thought that I was a size 8, but it turns out that, much to my disappointment, they do not fit. I was wondering if anybody else who is a size 9 in Alden is familiar with what size that equates to in Viberg.
As most of you know, only the finest shells can be used by Horween to make Walnut. Any shell can be tanned into. Black, # 8 and, as more imperfections appear, it becomes impossible for Horween to turn them into #4, Cigar, Ravello, Walnut and Whiskey.
The boots have been tried on, but have never been worn. If you want to see pictures of them, you can look at the Viberg Blog under walnut or you can look at the Viberg Boot page on Facebook where I have posted pictures. Viberg currently is very constructed in terms of the Cordovan Shells that they can get from Horween. I don't want to speak for Brett because, as I'm sure you all know, he is capable of miracles; but there will not be another boot like this for a long time. Leffot is selling there # 8 for $980. The price for these will be commensurate with what they are. A one of a kind Cordovan Service Boot made using the rarest Horween Cordovan and they are a size 8.post #251 of 1557712/27/12 at 8:40pmpost #252 of 1557712/27/12 at 8:46pmpost #253 of 1557712/27/12 at 10:12pmpost #254 of 1557712/27/12 at 10:41pmQuote:
Thanks. For the 2030, should I be sizing down only half a size from my Brannock-measured size if I'm usually a wide (TTS) in Alden's Tru-balance and Barrie or standard width at half-a-size up? If it helps at all, I also go down half a size from my Brannock for the English-sizing on the C&J 325 last.
- Viberg Boots
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 43 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 4 minutes ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 12 minutes ago
- › Quintessential Knit Ties: Comprehensive Discussion & Appreciation 15 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Chelsea boots 11.5 H BNIB black calf perfect 15 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 18 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 21 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 28 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...