Yea those look like ass, I'd send them back ASAP and demand a refund on my shipping tbh.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions Last post on 2/28/14 at 12:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition Last post on 5/16/14 at 7:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Viberg Boots - Page 16post #227 of 1929411/22/12 at 10:15am
Classic chukka boot from Viberg, in an "aged bark" leather from the New Seidel Tannery in Milwaukee, Ohio.
Vamp & tongue in New Seidel leather
Hand crafted in Victoria, BC
Sizing: UK. If you typically go by US sizing, go down one full size.post #228 of 1929411/22/12 at 3:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by dotcomzzz
1950 service boots arrived in teh mail a few days ago. When I placed the order I asked if the tongues could be done in ice mocha cxl, like the rest of the boot, for the fact I don't want a $600+ boot with a mismached tongue. call me a stickler for details. anyway, when I made the order back in august both wendy and brett basically said well we dont' normally do that, we'll have to split the ice mocha so it conforms to the shape of your foot, and I said thanks for making the exception and got like pumped for a pair of mto vibergs... like a fucking idiot.
now two weeks ago wendy sends me an email, the boots are ready, please give us the okay to charge the rest of the balance for the boots plus shipping. I live in Korea at the moment, not a lot of choices for a size 13 around, and well I wanted the boots. so I said okay on the charge and ignored the sagacious little whisper in my head that said you should get her to send you pics of the boots before okaying the charge.... like a fucking idiot.
now the boots. oh looky here they used the dark brown leather that is obviously not the same color as the rest of the boot, and charged my card $100 to ship them to me so I could see this fuckup with my own eyes.
so fwiw anyone interested in getting that boondocker with the tongue as it's shown in the pic: pretty sure the tongue ice mocha. and pretty sure nobody is wearing that sample boot.
btw other than that the boots are ridiculous on the quality attn to detail level. but fuck them. the boots are headed back and so is a steep charge on my card.
FWIW, I think the boots look great. I like the fact that they use a different, much thinner, leather for the tongue. It's more comfortable that way. They chose a different but complimentary colour and the result is very nice.post #229 of 1929411/22/12 at 3:29pmpost #230 of 1929411/22/12 at 3:52pm
It's annoying that they didn't make the boots as agreed upon. But like the others say, I think it looks alright. Especially once you put laces in.
I'm sure the contrast between the tongue and the boot won't be so big then if you do that.
Perhaps they can make up for it by paying back some amount.post #231 of 1929411/22/12 at 4:08pmpost #232 of 1929411/22/12 at 4:32pmpost #233 of 1929411/22/12 at 5:33pmQuote:
that was what I had asked for, and both wendy and brett said it was not part of their standard options, namely the options you have online when you activate their ms pain inspired 'custom boot builder', lol. But they said they would make an exception by splitting the ice mocha leather so it was thin enough to use for the tongues. The leather has to be pliable enough to conform to your feet', and also thin enough that it doesn't gouge your feet or create this massive hump since it's a gusseted tongue and is being folded over itself when the boot is laced up. Basically they said yes we'll do it the way you want—the whole boot including the tongue out of ice mocha. Then what came in the mail.Quote:
Thanks, but that's just it: they chose a different color for me. At no point in the process did they shoot me an email saying, "Hey we're having trouble splitting this ice mocha for the tongues, can you pick a different color for the tongue?". I would have considered my options. I ordered a cheeseburger and got a plain burger. Standard practice is to say to the customer we're out of cheese what would you like instead, at which point I would have gotten up and left the restaurant as in said to Wendy ok I'd like to cancel my order. She very likely knew this, especially since I even called her long distance to make sure we were on the same page about the tongues being ice mocha. They decided to go ahead and make the boots with the standard tongue on the off chance I would accept the choice they made for me. No. It doesn't work like that.Quote:
I know. They went back two days ago and I asked for a refund.
Guys, what I'm trying to say at the end of all this is if you're one of the people who wants that very nice looking boondocker boot, I recommend getting clarification from them on what the tongue will look like. Because very likely that picture is of a sample boot with an ice mocha tongue, a very sharp looking boot indeed, albeit a boot that will never be made for you with the tongue as shown.post #234 of 1929411/23/12 at 8:55am^^^ Have you contacted them yet? It seems feasible that it was just an innocent mistake. I would think that is at least as likely an explanation as them actively deciding to disregard your request without telling you. I am sure it seems unlikely that they would somehow overlook the customization when you made the effort to stress it multiple times. However, it seems quite possible to me that the people involved in the actual production of your boot may have not received or have overlooked the customization note (or even misapplied it to someone else's order).post #235 of 1929411/23/12 at 6:46pmI emailed Wendy as soon as they arrived. Her reply:
I am sorry about your reaction to the boot. However the tongue we had tried to use the ice mocha leather and split it down to work, however everytime it was split, it came out uneven or not strong enough to be used on this part, we definatly can not use it at full or even half the thickness as we can not sew it into the edges or tuck it in proper and it will create buldges that would kill your feet. it just wouldne fit under our machine posts at that thickness. So the outcome came to a different type of leather for the tongue. there was no choice in the matter.
The end about there not being a choice is where the smoke leaves my ears. It's too bad cause putting aside whether the boots look good or not, they just let the ball hit the floor with the servicing of its customer part.post #236 of 1929411/23/12 at 7:03pmpost #237 of 1929412/7/12 at 6:57ampost #238 of 1929412/7/12 at 7:40ampost #239 of 1929412/7/12 at 8:17ampost #240 of 1929412/7/12 at 4:21pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 1 minute ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart,... 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 6 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 7 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 9 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway