or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 142

post #2116 of 7665
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

You probably want something in the 110 last then, which has a more traditional round toe, and which, imo, is the best choice for more casual styles.  We'll actually be offer a tan bison scout boot on the 110 last and with double leather soles (our take on the boondocker) at the Styleforummarket store, for preorders, starting tomorrow).  I think that the 2030 last is good for some boots, but I don't think that it is the be all and end for all Viberg makeups.  It looks really nice on the internet, which I believe contributes to its popularity, but, having seen and owned boots on different lasts, I think that it really depends on the particular makeup.

I tried the black cordovan in an 11. Otherwise I'd probably have stayed away from the 2030

so if anyone wants an 11 in the black shell, it's on the way back to Viberg now
post #2117 of 7665
Today at Noon the Country Derby Boot goes live on Viberg.com. Available in Black and Brown Waxed Flesh, both on the 2040 last with a Commando Sole. I'll be putting up a post on the Journal later this week going into detail on this new offering and some of the design process.

post #2118 of 7665

I looked on the Viberg website and they will have a Size Guide forthcoming on their fits and lasts.  just curious if I am a 9.0D Alden Trubalance / 9.5D Alden Plaza, what last and size would I be closest to in Viberg?

 

From what I can tell, there are a 110, 2030, 2040, and ?!?! lasts in Viberg.  So many confusion choices....

post #2119 of 7665
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehotchili View Post
 

I looked on the Viberg website and they will have a Size Guide forthcoming on their fits and lasts.  just curious if I am a 9.0D Alden Trubalance / 9.5D Alden Plaza, what last and size would I be closest to in Viberg?

 

From what I can tell, there are a 110, 2030, 2040, and ?!?! lasts in Viberg.  So many confusion choices....

9 in the 2030, possibly an 8.5 on the 110 depending on your foot. The length of the 2030 is a tough long for me compared to same size in Alden Barrie but due to the width I stay with that size and it fits great. If I went with the 110 I may go down a half size due to the extra width 

post #2120 of 7665
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyferguson View Post

Today at Noon the Country Derby Boot goes live on Viberg.com. Available in Black and Brown Waxed Flesh, both on the 2040 last with a Commando Sole. I'll be putting up a post on the Journal later this week going into detail on this new offering and some of the design process.

These look great!! I think I may "need" the brown ones. Do you recommend sizing the 2040 the same as the 2030?

post #2121 of 7665
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

These look great!! I think I may "need" the brown ones. Do you recommend sizing the 2040 the same as the 2030?

I have the same brown ones (my avatar + picture below) in 2040 last and the fit is better than perfect! I have these in size 8 and wear Alden Trubalance in 8.5 (perfect fit). For 2030 last I will be getting 8.5.




Hope this helps.
post #2122 of 7665
I know i've said this before, but the sizing guide will be done soon! We keep having things come up that take priority over it, but i've got all the photos done and the page laid out, so look for something to go up this week.

As for the 2040, think of it as basically a Munson version of the 2030. It's still narrow in the waist, with a low heel, but it has that distinct Munson shape and a slight bump in the toe. For anyone who has tried on the 2030 and felt like the toe is just too constricting, this last will likely be the answer for you. Alternately, if you've seen or tried on the 2045 last, the 2040 is narrower and a bit less extreme in the toe. The 2040 is essentially a middle point between the 2030 and the 2045. It's a great last and is going to fit a ton of people really well. The next pair of boots i own will 100% be on it.
Edited by guyferguson - 11/25/13 at 1:53pm
post #2123 of 7665
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyferguson View Post

I know i've said this before, but the sizing guide will be done soon! We keep having things come up that take priority over it, but i've got all the photos done and the page laid out, so look for something to go up this week.

As for the 2040, think of it as basically a Munson version of the 2030. It's still narrow in the waist, with a low heel, but it has that distinct Munson shape and a slight bump in the toe. For anyone who has tried on the 2030 and felt like the toe is just too constricting, this last will likely be the answer for you. Alternately, if you've seen or tried on the 2045 last, the 2040 is a narrower and and a bit less extreme in the toe. The 2040 is essentially a middle point between the 2030 and the 2045. It's a great last and is going to fit a ton of people really well. The next pair of boots i own will 100% be on it.

100% agree on the comfort of 2040. It's insane smile.gif
post #2124 of 7665

We are now taking pre-sales of the special, MTO for Styleforum boots:

 

Tan Bison Scout boot on the 110 last, double leather sole: http://www.styleforummarket.com/viberg-tan-bison-scout-boots-preorders/ 

and a loden green service boot on the 2030 last, dainite sole. brogued captoe, here: http://www.styleforummarket.com/viberg-loden-green-service-boots-preorders/

 

There are also 2 pairs of boots (one black 9.5, one cinnamon roughout 10) from the last set of boots available on the site: http://www.styleforummarket.com/viberg-1/

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

post #2125 of 7665
Question about pre-order. Is the full amount charged at the time of pre-order (unlike last time when it was a deposit)?

Also, I'll chime in about sizing. I traced my foot and had Morgan suggest a Viberg size--size 7. Until today, I only had boots in the 110 last. I just received by 3sixteen stealth boots also in size 7. Like Morgan had suggested, they are a little bit longer but noticeably more narrow in the toe box (they feel a little tight, like some of my dressier dress shoes). For me, if I had sized up, they would be too long. I wear an 8 in Alden Barrie and Tru-balance last, though even an 8.5 in Barrie isn't too big. It is hard to compare 2030 lasts to Barrie or Tru-Balance (or any of the wider Alden lasts) as the toe box is so much more roomy in the Alden lasts that the comparisons are not very meaningful for me. Better to compare a 2030 last to your size in one of Alden's "sleeker" lasts, such as they are.

With that said, in my experience, CXL leather really stretches a bit, so I'm not too concerned about the narrow toe. It is a matter of whether you like the look of the 2030 last, which I do for certain things, vs. the 110 last which is definitely more comfortable to walk long distances. I have a 110 chukka with a vibram 2060 sole that I got in the sample sale and it is one of the most comfortable things I've ever put on my feet.
post #2126 of 7665

^ so you're a 7 on the 2030 but a 8 or 8.5 in barrie?  I've read (from this thread) that you should take the same size in both.  

 

Is it possible that the narrowness or the lack of space in the toe box is because you're comparing a size 7 with a size 8?

 

Just wondering, because I just literally put down a deposit today for a 2030 lasted boot and went with what they suggested from my foot tracing, which ended up being the same as my barrie size.

post #2127 of 7665
I think taking a full size down from your barrie/trubalance size will result in disaster for almost everyone. 10.5D or 10E trubalance both fit me decently (heel too wide on 10E), 10 on the 2030 fits me very well.
post #2128 of 7665
I completely trust Morgan, and would trust anyone else at Viberg, making the suggestion based upon a foot tracing. My foot may be quite a bit narrower than yours, after all, which may explain the recommendation being the same as your Barrie size. If you didn't have a foot tracing, then things get murkier. I am really an 8 in the Barrie but have a pair in 8.5 (deep sale) that are a bit roomy, but not too bad. I tend to be between an 8 and an 8.5 in most dress shoes, work boots almost always an 8 (like Red Wing).
post #2129 of 7665
One more thing I would add so as to let others breathe a sigh of relief. If you are a bigger shoe size (i.e a 10), your foot will be wider than mine by quite a bit. A little bit of physics and math would tell you that you are more likely to come closer to your Barrie last size with a Viberg 2030 if you are a larger sized shoe.

I know 2 other people with my shoe size (between an 8 and 8.5 US depending on shoe/last) who were a size 7 in the 2030 and are good with it, but it does seem as if almost everyone else on styleforum with larger shoe sizes do not go down as much on size as I do.
post #2130 of 7665
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpress View Post

Question about pre-order. Is the full amount charged at the time of pre-order (unlike last time when it was a deposit)?

Yes, this is the full amount.  We had some issues last time with the deposit.  One guy mistakenly thought that, miraculously, preorder MTO boots were the 1/2 retail price shipped, and ordered 2 pairs, and some other guys waited until really close to the limit to finish paying for their boots.  I figure that for the large majority of people, speed is really the critical thing, and this is the most streamlined way to do this.  We are even offering free shipping worldwide, just so everything is super seamless.

 

Cheers, 

 

Fok.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots