or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 141

post #2101 of 9285
I can't decided if an 11 2030 is too narrow for me. comparative sizing: 11E Barrie, Trubalance.
post #2102 of 9285
i'm US 8E on Indy = UK 8 on 2005 last.
IMO, you need a 2040.
post #2103 of 9285
Quote:
Originally Posted by scb View Post

I can't decided if an 11 2030 is too narrow for me. comparative sizing: 11E Barrie, Trubalance.

It may be. I found the 2030 to be very similar to a barrie D. I also found a trubalance E width very similar to the110 last.
post #2104 of 9285
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling green View Post


It may be. I found the 2030 to be very similar to a barrie D. I also found a trubalance E width very similar to the110 last.


Agreed---2030 is very slightly wider than the same size Barrie in D, and wider in the heel, I'd say.

post #2105 of 9285
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuiceman View Post
 


Agreed---2030 is very slightly wider than the same size Barrie in D, and wider in the heel, I'd say.

I agree completely on the heel width being slightly wider than the Barrie. I find the 2030 to sit between the Barrie and Trubalance in terms of width. I find it more narrow than the Turbalance but slightly wider than the Barrie.

post #2106 of 9285

Just wanted you guys to know that this poll is ending this Sunday.  We will most likely go forward with The Tan Bison Scout boot on the 110 last, Loden Green Serivce boots with a brogued captoe on the 2030 last, and just four pairs (that's all the leather available) of heather grey roughout chukkas on the 110 last.

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/369843/viberg-for-styleforummarket-mto-round-2-poll/0_50

 

Hope you guys see something there that you'd like.  The descriptions are all there.

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

post #2107 of 9285
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling green View Post

It may be. I found the 2030 to be very similar to a barrie D. I also found a trubalance E width very similar to the110 last.

Hmm. So my soon to arrive 9.5 Vibergs may be too narrow for my 9.5E Barrie feet? I usually stick with size 10 in shoes that I can't get an E width in... Going 9.5 may have been a mistake
post #2108 of 9285
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
 

Just wanted you guys to know that this poll is ending this Sunday.  We will most likely go forward with The Tan Bison Scout boot on the 110 last, Loden Green Serivce boots with a brogued captoe on the 2030 last, and just four pairs (that's all the leather available) of heather grey roughout chukkas on the 110 last.

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/369843/viberg-for-styleforummarket-mto-round-2-poll/0_50

 

Hope you guys see something there that you'd like.  The descriptions are all there.

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

 

Hey Fok, I'm about to put a deposit down for another chukka with different options (2030 last) directly through Viberg, so I'll be out for the heather grey chukka, which I had voted on.  My bad since I was pretty vocal about the chukka, hopefully it still gets made and people enjoy it. 

post #2109 of 9285
After reading a number of old posts, I'm increasingly worried about my size...

For people that wear wide/US-E/UK-F widths, it seems the proper advice for the 2030 last is

1) Convert your wide size to a normal size. For example, if you wear 9.5E, you are close to a 10D
2) Buy that equivalent size. So the 2030 size would be a 9UK/10US

This gives you maximum latitude to wear thick socks (which seems appropriate for this type of boot)

Thoughts? I'm probably over thinking this...
post #2110 of 9285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

After reading a number of old posts, I'm increasingly worried about my size...

For people that wear wide/US-E/UK-F widths, it seems the proper advice for the 2030 last is

1) Convert your wide size to a normal size. For example, if you wear 9.5E, you are close to a 10D
2) Buy that equivalent size. So the 2030 size would be a 9UK/10US

This gives you maximum latitude to wear thick socks (which seems appropriate for this type of boot)

Thoughts? I'm probably over thinking this...

I wouldn't be too concerned yet. I am an 8D Barrie and it is quite snug on me. I could probably go out one width in boots. I am able to wear my 8 Vibergs with a Danner sock which is similar to a Smart Wool (so fairly thick). 

post #2111 of 9285
For what its worth...I found the size 6.5 Viberg 2030 to be nearly identical to 7D Alden Barrie. The 7D was certainly wearable, but noticeably looser.
post #2112 of 9285
so I posted yesterday that I'm an 11E barrie/trubalance and wasn't sure about the 2030 in a size 11. I sent back my 2030 last boots today. They were too narrow.
post #2113 of 9285
Quote:
Originally Posted by scb View Post

so I posted yesterday that I'm an 11E barrie/trubalance and wasn't sure about the 2030 in a size 11. I sent back my 2030 last boots today. They were too narrow.

You probably want something in the 110 last then, which has a more traditional round toe, and which, imo, is the best choice for more casual styles.  We'll actually be offer a tan bison scout boot on the 110 last and with double leather soles (our take on the boondocker) at the Styleforummarket store, for preorders, starting tomorrow).  I think that the 2030 last is good for some boots, but I don't think that it is the be all and end for all Viberg makeups.  It looks really nice on the internet, which I believe contributes to its popularity, but, having seen and owned boots on different lasts, I think that it really depends on the particular makeup.

post #2114 of 9285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpalaghiuc View Post

I just received my Viberg service boots in Black shell cordovan.
Great looking boot imo.


icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gifworship2.gifdrool.gif
post #2115 of 9285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Hmm. So my soon to arrive 9.5 Vibergs may be too narrow for my 9.5E Barrie feet? I usually stick with size 10 in shoes that I can't get an E width in... Going 9.5 may have been a mistake

I found my D width V's to be a bit wider than Barrie boots so you may not be out of luck...
Let's hope they work for you!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots