or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 134

post #1996 of 8203
Does that mean you usually wear a US 9 or an 8.5 in Alden Barrie last? I'm just trying to figure out which size to order in Viberg.
post #1997 of 8203
Soles that wear faster can be good if you're a heelstriker like me and like a little cushion..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brattman View Post

^Beauteous 'berg!

With regard to Cat's Paw Vs. Dainite, it's been my experience that the Dainite sole is more hard-wearing. There are Cat's Paws on my 4 Horsemen Service Boot, and they've worn down much faster than the Dainites on my chukkas. Anyone else care to speak to the comparison?
post #1998 of 8203
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy7 View Post

Does that mean you usually wear a US 9 or an 8.5 in Alden Barrie last? I'm just trying to figure out which size to order in Viberg.

Zippy I am an 8 in Alden Barrie and 7.5UK in Trickers 4497 and the 8 in the Viberg 2030 is perfect fit. I would recommend your Barrie size
post #1999 of 8203
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy7 View Post

Does that mean you usually wear a US 9 or an 8.5 in Alden Barrie last? I'm just trying to figure out which size to order in Viberg.

IME go with your Barrie size for the 2030 last. It's very narrow in the toe and tapered - I have maybe an inch in front of my big toe, but there's no way a size down could fit. If you have narrow feet you could maybe go down half a size.
post #2000 of 8203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

IME go with your Barrie size for the 2030 last. It's very narrow in the toe and tapered - I have maybe an inch in front of my big toe, but there's no way a size down could fit. If you have narrow feet you could maybe go down half a size.

Agree with this. I went with my Alden Barrie size in the 2030 last and the fit was just right, just a bit of room to spare. Like Teger said, if I went down a half size, would have been too tight and uncomfortable.
post #2001 of 8203
Ditto - Barrie size equivalent in 2030 last is the way to go.
post #2002 of 8203
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonio028 View Post

Agree with this. I went with my Alden Barrie size in the 2030 last and the fit was just right, just a bit of room to spare. Like Teger said, if I went down a half size, would have been too tight and uncomfortable.

+1 on this
post #2003 of 8203
Hmmm...I was going to place an order shortly on the Viberg website, but now I'm confused about sizing reading all this, even though I was convinced I knew. Morgan told me to go with whatever I wear in the Viberg 110 last--the 2030 being tad longer than the 110, but narrower. The Size 7 110's fit me great in length and a little roomy if I wear a thin sock.

But I wear an 8 in Alden Barrie--doesn't seem to make sense to me that I would go with this size (indeed, an 8.5 in the barrie isn't even that big on me, but 8 fits better).
post #2004 of 8203

What do you think, is this a partially structured or an unstructured toe?

 

 

EDIT: Nevermind. Morgan at Viberg tells me this is a structured toe. (For me, personally, I prefer unstructured.) For anyone curious, I pulled this from 3Sixteen's Twitter post today:

 

"Releasing next Friday (11/15) at noon EST via our website: the @vibergboot for #3sixteen 'Andrew Special Stealth Edition.' Given the success of our#DecadeCollection collaboration with #Viberg, it seemed only right to revisit this partnership with some new tweaks. The Stealth Edition retains all design and last elements as the original 'Andrew Special' but now features black stitching, black hardware, and edge-dyed black Horween Chromexcel leather for a super clean look. Each pair ships with both leather and flat black waxed laces and a small vial of Venetian shoe cream."


Edited by Understatesman - 11/7/13 at 4:39pm
post #2005 of 8203
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpress View Post

Hmmm...I was going to place an order shortly on the Viberg website, but now I'm confused about sizing reading all this, even though I was convinced I knew. Morgan told me to go with whatever I wear in the Viberg 110 last--the 2030 being tad longer than the 110, but narrower. The Size 7 110's fit me great in length and a little roomy if I wear a thin sock.

But I wear an 8 in Alden Barrie--doesn't seem to make sense to me that I would go with this size (indeed, an 8.5 in the barrie isn't even that big on me, but 8 fits better).

you can't trust other people's feet or advice. just not the same as trying them on. also, barrie last fits different for people in shoe vs boot so even the same last can cause a problem for people.
post #2006 of 8203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post

you can't trust other people's feet or advice. just not the same as trying them on. also, barrie last fits different for people in shoe vs boot so even the same last can cause a problem for people.
\

This. Go with your empirical evidence: you already know the 110 fits you great in a certain size, go with the same for 2030.
post #2007 of 8203
post #2008 of 8203
Just wanted to share some photos of the completed Painted Horsehide Service Boots. We received some leather from Guidi with a really heavy painted finish on it. It wasn't exactly what we were expecting and we couldn't last it without large cracks forming, so we decided to experiment with it. We steamed and wet sanded the upper to remove most of the finish and reveal the natural veg-tan horsehide beneath. We then heavily waxed the entire boot to restore some of the moisture lost in the distressing process. Obviously the end result is pretty dramatic, but with wear the painted finish will continue to come off and the natural hide beneath will age and darken quickly. These are limited to 10 pairs total and will be available on Viberg.com tomorrow at noon. We'll also be posting some photos of the process at the same time on the Viberg Journal for anyone interested.




post #2009 of 8203

I am strangely drawn to them....guidi x margiela x viberg?

post #2010 of 8203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizor View Post

After a lot of wear, gave my boondockers some dubbin treatment. Only the vamp and counter for now.
Thanks for the post......Will go that route myself one day
 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots