Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 1322

post #19816 of 19829
$700! I'll only wear them if they have dollar signs or biggie wearing a crown on them.
post #19817 of 19829

Guys, I've seen viberg boots for a while now. Are they worth the pricetag? I'm been stuck between viberg and visvim for boots.

post #19818 of 19829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahf View Post
 

Guys, I've seen viberg boots for a while now. Are they worth the pricetag? I'm been stuck between viberg and visvim for boots.

 

I would say yes they are, nice unique look ...terrific construction. If it is only going to be worn once in a while then go with whatever you like the look of best.

post #19819 of 19829
I am a 12 brannock and 11.5D in the Indy boot. In Viberg I currently have (2) size 12 boots, Natural Captoe and Boon Docker from Mr Porter. These have to been worn with really thick wool socks and may not make sense to wear in the summer. I also have (2) pair of Viberg in Natural Crust Captoe and Vintage Moch in 11.5, these have to be worn with medium wool socks and thin socks if I tie them really tight or wear a thin leather insole. I recently re-purchased both Mr Porter makeups in an 11. I can wear either thin or light weight socks and they fit however, I feel the pinky toe thing, granted boots always fit me tighter in the morning then at night. My question is more along the line of will the Vibergs stretch enough or should I go the really thick sock route for the 12 and just settle on the 11.5 which over time stretches out and I have the option of thin insole with thin or light weight socks.
post #19820 of 19829
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchottie View Post

I am a 12 brannock and 11.5D in the Indy boot. In Viberg I currently have (2) size 12 boots, Natural Captoe and Boon Docker from Mr Porter. These have to been worn with really thick wool socks and may not make sense to wear in the summer. I also have (2) pair of Viberg in Natural Crust Captoe and Vintage Moch in 11.5, these have to be worn with medium wool socks and thin socks if I tie them really tight or wear a thin leather insole. I recently re-purchased both Mr Porter makeups in an 11. I can wear either thin or light weight socks and they fit however, I feel the pinky toe thing, granted boots always fit me tighter in the morning then at night. My question is more along the line of will the Vibergs stretch enough or should I go the really thick sock route for the 12 and just settle on the 11.5 which over time stretches out and I have the option of thin insole with thin or light weight socks.

 

not sure I can lend any help being that I measure a 13E though with weightloss probably a 13D or 12,5E now- however prior to that all of my Vibergs are size 12 and I wear a 12D in the Alden Indy - I get no toe pinch on any of my Viberg lasts at all-2030 last has to be thinner socks, 2045 can wear thicker, Engineer boot can wear thicker...110 is a chukka and can wear thicker socks.

 

I would thin the 11's would be the way to go in Viberg's

post #19821 of 19829


Pinch may be a bad term but this is my foot in 11 with medium socks
post #19822 of 19829
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchottie View Post



Pinch may be a bad term but this is my foot in 11 with medium socks

 

I see what you mean - do you find the 11.5 too long? Most of the time my 2030's are worn with fun style cotton socks...not dress sock thing but def less than medium weight- Now I can wear Wigwam unison socks with them but trying to remember prior....lol

 

Just thinking the only Berg I have worn the last 2 months is my hiker as I can wear super thick Smartwool Hunt socks with them. Not counting the shroom chelsea of course. When i get home tonight I am going to try them all on to see how they fit now.

post #19823 of 19829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

I see what you mean - do you find the 11.5 too long? Most of the time my 2030's are worn with fun style cotton socks...not dress sock thing but def less than medium weight- Now I can wear Wigwam unison socks with them but trying to remember prior....lol

Just thinking the only Berg I have worn the last 2 months is my hiker as I can wear super thick Smartwool Hunt socks with them. Not counting the shroom chelsea of course. When i get home tonight I am going to try them all on to see how they fit now.

Nope the 11.5 gets roomy side to side so the lacing has to be super tight to keep my foot from going forward in the boot. I have never had an 11 long enough for an actual break in to see what happens. That might just be me being scared of a $600 mistake smile.gif. For some reason on the 12 my boot doesn't get as roomy I think that is because I wear a super thick sock and even then the leather doesn't have to stretch as much.

Let me know how you make out when you try them on!
post #19824 of 19829
Hello,

I was wondering if someone can help. I am looking to purchase my first Viberg Service Boots, Brown Calf. I normally wear a size 11, currently on Mister Freedom Road Champ. Would sizing down to say a size 10.5 Viberg work? As I see size 11's are currently out of stock on their site. Feedback, info would be greatly appreciated.

Joe
post #19825 of 19829
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIOT391 View Post

Hello,

I was wondering if someone can help. I am looking to purchase my first Viberg Service Boots, Brown Calf. I normally wear a size 11, currently on Mister Freedom Road Champ. Would sizing down to say a size 10.5 Viberg work? As I see size 11's are currently out of stock on their site. Feedback, info would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

The usual recommendation is to size down one full size from your Brannock size for all lasts.

 

Some size down only .5 for the 2030 last.

 

Part of the equation is your feet width. You can dial things in a little as well with different sock thicknesses.

 

I'm an 11.5 narrow side of D Brannock and I wear 10.5's in the 1035 and 110 lasts(only ones I have). They both fit me perfectly.

post #19826 of 19829
Quote:
Originally Posted by metranger8694 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIOT391 View Post

Hello,

I was wondering if someone can help. I am looking to purchase my first Viberg Service Boots, Brown Calf. I normally wear a size 11, currently on Mister Freedom Road Champ. Would sizing down to say a size 10.5 Viberg work? As I see size 11's are currently out of stock on their site. Feedback, info would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

The usual recommendation is to size down one full size from your Brannock size for all lasts.

 

Some size down only .5 for the 2030 last.

 

Part of the equation is your feet width. You can dial things in a little as well with different sock thicknesses.

 

I'm an 11.5 narrow side of D Brannock and I wear 10.5's in the 1035 and 110 lasts(only ones I have). They both fit me perfectly.

 

I would agree completely...I go same across all lasts and only one I could ever see going up 1/2 size is the 2030.

post #19827 of 19829
Thank you both for your feedback!

The 2030 is what I am looking at.

Service Boot Brown Calf
Brown Calfskin (Italy, Vegetable Tanned)
2030 Last
Dainite Sole
Brogue Toe Cap
Blind Eyelets
Kip Lining
Natural Midsole and Flat Welt
Goodyear Welt Construction

So Kahuna75, you're saying I should actually stay with my 11D size?
post #19828 of 19829
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIOT391 View Post

Thank you both for your feedback!

The 2030 is what I am looking at.

Service Boot Brown Calf
Brown Calfskin (Italy, Vegetable Tanned)
2030 Last
Dainite Sole
Brogue Toe Cap
Blind Eyelets
Kip Lining
Natural Midsole and Flat Welt
Goodyear Welt Construction

So Kahuna75, you're saying I should actually stay with my 11D size?

 

If 11D is your measured size I would suggest size 10.....if you want to wear thicker socks then 10.5 on the 2030. I have nearly all of the Viberg lasts and none of them are in my measured size - I measure 13E and wear size 12 in all of Vibergs.

post #19829 of 19829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

If 11D is your measured size I would suggest size 10.....if you want to wear thicker socks then 10.5 on the 2030. I have nearly all of the Viberg lasts and none of them are in my measured size - I measure 13E and wear size 12 in all of Vibergs.

Well noted.

I do prefer wearing thicker socks with all my boots, so 10.5 on the 2030 Last would be ideal.

Cheers!

Joe
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots