Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions Last post on 2/28/14 at 12:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition Last post on 5/16/14 at 7:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Viberg Boots - Page 14
Styleforum Top Pickspost #197 of 1559010/8/12 at 4:16amI left a comment on the Viberg blog noting that there are several members here interested in these boots (there was a discussion about them on the Rancourt thread).
Brett Viberg responded there that, for now, these would have to be obtained through a direct order, and he suggested that I inquire via private message for further info.
Mailed him back today about whether this leather is currently available and if it would be possible to do a group order here on SF. Haven't heard back yet, but will post any new info here.post #198 of 1559010/8/12 at 12:17pmpost #199 of 1559010/8/12 at 2:56pmSorry, should have mentioned the 2 sources were these boots were discovered: Horween and Viberg blogs.
It was historically called "Marine Field", but I do not know if Horween has another name in the works for a potential release? The leather is indeed (natural) CXL "rough-side-out", but where "the back side of the leather is treated to give it a nice, level knap" in order that "the boots could be left unlined while still having a finished, comfortable medium to contact the foot. This was particularly advantageous in North Africa, where the troops could up-end their boots to easily empty them of sand, thus greatly reducing blisters and increasing comfort."
Not sure, but perhaps the leather on the tongue is iced mocha CXL?
Edited by Kashiwa - 10/8/12 at 3:15pmpost #200 of 1559010/8/12 at 4:29pmpost #201 of 1559010/17/12 at 5:43pmI've been discussing a "Boondocker" boot in the "Marine Field Shoe" reverse CXL leather with Viberg. They've indicated that we could receive around a 10% discount for a group order of 10 or more pairs. Each boot would need to be built to the exact same specs. If it's not possible to get ten guys together, the leather is still available for individual custom orders (price around $665).post #202 of 1559010/17/12 at 5:49pmpost #203 of 1559010/17/12 at 5:55pmpost #204 of 1559010/17/12 at 6:29pmpost #205 of 1559010/17/12 at 6:58pmpost #206 of 1559010/18/12 at 11:55ampost #207 of 1559010/18/12 at 1:57pmpost #208 of 1559010/18/12 at 6:08pmpost #209 of 1559010/19/12 at 4:47am
- Viberg Boots
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Currently, there are 1680 Active Users (444 Members and 1236 Guests)
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 20 seconds ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 32 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 44 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 54 seconds ago
- › NWT ISAIA windowpane plaid sport jacket EU52R 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 2 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...