or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 1227

post #18391 of 19330

Natty waxed Hoppers! THANKS FOK!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Grabbed the closet pair of pants...as I was wearing shorts..

 

post #18392 of 19330
Those look great. Can you comment on the fit/comfort so far? And how did you size relative to other Viberg lasts or your brannock size? Many thanks.
post #18393 of 19330
Brown Oil Tan is a no-go for me. Already have a 310 in it.
post #18394 of 19330

Man those Engineers turned out so nice, can't wait to get mine on

post #18395 of 19330
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry2000 View Post

Those look great. Can you comment on the fit/comfort so far? And how did you size relative to other Viberg lasts or your brannock size? Many thanks.

 

I sized them the same as all of my Vibergs..size 12..I measure 13E on the brannock.....In terms of fit I would say they are generous in the front and the heel cup does not seem too large either. I believe I have all of the classic Viberg lasts except the 310 and so far the only issue I have is with the 110 and it's heel cup being big and that is pronounced as it is on a chukka. One day which may never happen I would love to try q size 11.5 110 chukka to compare.

post #18396 of 19330
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Crust we will not get to do stitchdown, so let's not go down that road.  The brown oil tan, as long as that is in stock, is definitely a stitchdown leather.  Maybe the Vintage Mocha, or if you guys want to go down another road, brown waxed flesh.  

Cheers,

Fok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Then maybe.  I'm not say no until I get a definitely yes, though.  So let's not discuss it at all as an option until that time.  The 310 is already enough of a pain to deal with, and it has never yielded a boot, so let's not muddy the waters even more right now.

Hey FOK. I know this is your place, and I am thankful for it, and the opportunity for the GMTO. If you want no 310 just say so. It sort of looks like you are muddying the waters.
That said, I'm going to respectfully remove myself from all aspects of this process and purchase, it's already a mess.
post #18397 of 19330
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootThePier View Post

Hey FOK. I know this is your place, and I am thankful for it, and the opportunity for the GMTO. If you want no 310 just say so. It sort of looks like you are muddying the waters.
That said, I'm going to respectfully remove myself from all aspects of this process and purchase, it's already a mess.

I'm actually at least get it to a vote.  Like I said, we've had several 310 proposals, but they have never gone to production because there have never been enough people committed to a specific makeup, precisely because it is a specialty last that will not get much support outside of those who are vocal about them here.

 

There were proposals about this boot well before the crust leather was brought up.  I'm not sure why we need to add an additional complication that did not previously exist.  There are other good leathers for this makeup that we know we'll be allowed to use for stitchdown, like the oil tanned leathers and the brown or black chromexels.  And I've talked to Brett about the crust leather, specifically, so I know how the wind blows.

 

Imagine how the support for ANY 310 lasted boot will dissipate should you get people all enthusiastic about a specific leather which we have not received permission to use in a specific construction, and then have to tell them "No, let's go back to the original options."  This is also the reason I asked that icy mocha CXL not be discussed, since I was about 95% certain that it would be a non-starter.

 

Think of me, if you wish, as a pragmatic broker.  I will not sugarcoat things and lead you on when I simply don't think that things will work.  My job here is to steer all makeups away from directions that have low possibilities of success, and towards high probabilities of success.

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

post #18398 of 19330
Quote:
Originally Posted by janoy89 View Post
 

Man those Engineers turned out so nice, can't wait to get mine on

Agreed and I was an anti Engineer originally. 

post #18399 of 19330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

Natty waxed Hoppers! THANKS FOK!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Grabbed the closet pair of pants...as I was wearing shorts..

 

Sooo goood.  They are true ass kicker boots.  I think that they weigh in at over 2.5 lbs a boot.

post #18400 of 19330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

Agreed and I was an anti Engineer originally. 

Those are very cool man. I'm looking forward to seeing the aged bark tonight but I may have waxed envy.
post #18401 of 19330
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDRH View Post

Those are very cool man. I'm looking forward to seeing the aged bark tonight but I may have waxed envy.

The aged bark is really nice as well - it's got a warmer, deeper feel, imo.

post #18402 of 19330
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Crust we will not get to do stitchdown, so let's not go down that road.  The brown oil tan, as long as that is in stock, is definitely a stitchdown leather.  Maybe the Vintage Mocha, or if you guys want to go down another road, brown waxed flesh.  

Cheers,

Fok.

I could get behind a brown or natural CXL or vintage mocha. Maybe even aged bark or tobacco chamois. But I am curious to see if there are any new leathers Fok can introduce us to that we haven't done before. I think the 310 would be best on a leather that will age well with great character/patina. But it's also about doing something new and interesting, such as nailed down construction and special leathers Viberg doesn't normally use. The 310 last is a gritty work boot last, so I think the leather and construction should reflect that. Just my two cents.
post #18403 of 19330
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

The aged bark is really nice as well - it's got a warmer, deeper feel, imo.

Definetely, I think for me and my personal preferences, if I had both I'd probably wear the aged bark more. But since I have a 310 in aged bark, I'm momentarily seeing the grass a little greener on big Kahuna's side of the fence. The engineer is such a different beast it won't make a difference to have 2 of the same leather. But, as I'm reaching peak boot capacity I have to scrutinize my choices much more, hence my reluctance to jump on any 310 that has too much overlap.

Nonetheless, I'm glad you pushed through another run of these. Im an engineer convert.
post #18404 of 19330
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettemike View Post


I could get behind a brown or natural CXL or vintage mocha. Maybe even aged bark or tobacco chamois. But I am curious to see if there are any new leathers Fok can introduce us to that we haven't done before. I think the 310 would be best on a leather that will age well with great character/patina. But it's also about doing something new and interesting, such as nailed down construction and special leathers Viberg doesn't normally use. The 310 last is a gritty work boot last, so I think the leather and construction should reflect that. Just my two cents.

I'll see what we can do. Tobacco Chamois is out (that was the reason we needed to get the last Hopper boot makeup changed), and I don't know how much aged bark there is.  I will need to talk to Guy, Drew, and Brett, about possible leather choices in the mid to dark brown spectrum for you guys.

post #18405 of 19330

I got my Hopper boots in aged bark in today as well, they're great!
I went with a 12 (half a size up from my 2045 Boondockers) and the fit feels good in the left foot, but is just a tad big in the right.

I think it will settle with some wear, maybe I'll throw some insoles in there at some point. The width is perfect though.

Very happy with how these turned out, thanks Fok for organizing this and they're well worth the wait!

Can't wait for the next GMTO now. 

:D 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots