or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 1224

post #18346 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post

Just throwing this out there for any 2045 guys

2045 Nail down/Stitchdown Scout Boot

leather options
1. All Vintage Mocha
2. All Natural Bison
3. 2 Tone - mocha on the quarter panel, bison on vamp/heel

antique brass eyelets
natural welt
vibram half sole and heel

(open to the mini ripple sole if anyone else is)


This sounds good, would be in for vintage mocha and maybe bison.

Not big on two tone boots myself. 

post #18347 of 19319
I would really like to understand why Viberg will do a certain leather on GYW and then turn around a few months later and do it in SD (I've seen this a couple times now). The reason it miffs me as a loyal customer (trying to stay that way) is they give all these explanations about too many ruined skins from certain leathers that don't take SD well, etc, but then defy their own logic.

Obviously they can make whatever they want however they want. It just seems odd to me the insistence on GYW. I can only assume it is faster and cheaper for them, as they have stated, hence the many GYW options. All I can say is the fewer SD boots I see the less Viberg's prices feel justified. And that's just me, of course.
post #18348 of 19319
I can't say I know, but Viberg made a large investment for the GYW equipment. They are a business so they had to consider ROI. They probably believed they would be able increase output without increasing high cost specialized labor.
Now that they have less demand for GYW models, they have to protect their investment in raw materials. Unused hides keep them from purchasing more hides. I bet there is an optimum time frame for use in manufacturing. Basically they are juggling, and will continue to until GYW Vibergs take off, or until they write off GYW for only Chelsea's, Shell, and trainers. They are in a pickle.
That is my guess.
post #18349 of 19319
focus people. u have a chance to get a cool boot made now old school style. lets not waste it.
post #18350 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post

focus people. u have a chance to get a cool boot made now old school style. lets not waste it.

BUT THE DRAMA OF WELTGATE!
post #18351 of 19319

Short Shift heaven...and pure stitchdown!

 

post #18352 of 19319
Blue collar shit kickers take a walk on the beach.

post #18353 of 19319

Short shift guys, you down for black smooth with silver hardware?

Also was toe structure decided on? My vote would be for partial structure.

post #18354 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by janoy89 View Post
 

Short shift guys, you down for black smooth with silver hardware?

Also was toe structure decided on? My vote would be for partial structure.


Yes and yes!  Black smooth, maybe with a roughout counter to add a little interest, partially structured toe and silver hardware.  Probably looking at a half sole like this but in a 430 or mini-lug:

 

post #18355 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneleigh View Post
 


Yes and yes!  Black smooth, maybe with a roughout counter to add a little interest, partially structured toe and silver hardware.  Probably looking at a half sole like this but in a 430 or mini-lug:

 

 

 

I don't think they make 430 in a half sole, but my picks in order of preference would be 430/commando/vibram 700 but really any rubber sole with decent traction is good by me.

 

What about edge dressing? I'd go dark brown or black but again not a dealbreaker.

 

Man I hope these get made.

post #18356 of 19319

Has anything solid been proposed for the Chelsea or Side Zip?

post #18357 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by janoy89 View Post
 

 

I don't think they make 430 in a half sole, but my picks in order of preference would be 430/commando/vibram 700 but really any rubber sole with decent traction is good by me.

 

What about edge dressing? I'd go dark brown or black but again not a dealbreaker.

 

Man I hope these get made.


If they can't do half sole, then full is fine.  Brown edge dressing might be nice - like my Red Wings with Role Club re-soles:

 

 

Nice contrast...elegant but still badass!

post #18358 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDRH View Post
 

While still hoping a 310 survives I would like to make a suggestion, gauge interest in the side zip boot.  I saw the suggestion above and while I think it works, I suspect we will see many like it available from a retail store and I want to aim for something a little more unique to having a broader range of options.

 

I am thinking all black.  Black leather NOT CXL(TBD)

Flat welt - This and the Chelsea are the only style that in my mind look good in GYW(and Im running off the assumption this is the only way it will be done)

Black midsole

Black outsole/Vibram 700 or Leather - yes leather, old school

 

I realize almost everyone wants some kind of brown boot, and there are many options for that, but imagine something non-brown for a moment.  Looks good on a motorcycle, appeals to the goth ninja or just a guy on a date in a pair of jeans at dinner. It would have the profile of the black boot below in the picture:

 

 

 and Im thinking in a unique leather like horsehide, goatskin or camel.  Something that gives it a bit more unusual texture but maintains the sleekness of the boot.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by onoudidntgf View Post
 

Has anything solid been proposed for the Chelsea or Side Zip?

I proposed the above a few days ago, I think it garnered some solid appeal, and I would like to see it move forward I'd also add black Kangaroo to the leather possibilities and I did like the suggestion of the cherry side dressing too. Im calling it the "Fancy Dress Goth Ninja" or FDGN for marketing purposes.  It is unclear to me whether it was coincidence or has spawned many suggestions for all black boots in different styles, but my suggestion was firmly planted in the side zip style.  It would be interesting to see all the boots this round be black, although it sounds like the ECHO boot is moving forward which incidentally is all white.

post #18359 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDRH View Post
 

 

 

I proposed the above a few days ago, I think it garnered some solid appeal, and I would like to see it move forward I'd also add black Kangaroo to the leather possibilities and I did like the suggestion of the cherry side dressing too. Im calling it the "Fancy Dress Goth Ninja" or FDGN for marketing purposes.  It is unclear to me whether it was coincidence or has spawned many suggestions for all black boots in different styles, but my suggestion was firmly planted in the side zip style.  It would be interesting to see all the boots this round be black, although it sounds like the ECHO boot is moving forward which incidentally is all white.

 

 

I am interested in an all black Chelsea. If it's a side zip then I'm out. I was thinking of doing a suede instead. It's a different asthetic though as Suede in my eyes being more for "city" conditions. If it ends up being Kangaroo I'm still in though.

post #18360 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by onoudidntgf View Post
 

 

I am interested in an all black Chelsea. If it's a side zip then I'm out. I was thinking of doing a suede instead. It's a different asthetic though as Suede in my eyes being more for "city" conditions. If it ends up being Kangaroo I'm still in though.

I hear ya, Im hoping to keep momentum for a side zip and not a suede/RO version.  But it will depend on what people want.  Didnt you buy one of the suede chelseas from Mr. P?  How are those working out?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots