or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 1222

post #18316 of 19330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneleigh View Post

 

 

The top looks narrow enough too that I don't think it will be a problem under jeans.  It's probably fairly pliable too.  What say you guys?  Who else besides me and billymax needs to have a short shift boot in their stable?  It's a badass boot!  Fok, even you gotta admit it's a different enough candidate, right?

Giants' half time gave me a moment to photographically answer this question for you. Honestly you cant see it, Ive never owned cowboy boots so I cant make a fair comparison. Now if you have skinny jeans Im sure there might be an issue, I couldnt tell you what the threshold would be but I tend to own straight leg jeans that have ~8in openings(measured by the half) and there is no issue whatsoever.

                                                                                              

 

post #18317 of 19330
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDRH View Post
 

Giants' half time gave me a moment to photographically answer this question for you. Honestly you cant see it, Ive never owned cowboy boots so I cant make a fair comparison. Now if you have skinny jeans Im sure there might be an issue, I couldnt tell you what the threshold would be but I tend to own straight leg jeans that have ~8in openings(measured by the half) and there is no issue whatsoever.


Thanks for doing that!  No issue at all!  I think you could even go 7" easily without issue it seems!  Skinny probably won't work, but a slim straight likely would.


Edited by Raneleigh - 10/16/16 at 3:49pm
post #18318 of 19330

What last would the short shifts be on, 110?

 

IMO black roughout on 430 or commando would be sweet.

post #18319 of 19330

That short shift is cool as heck but unfortunately not my style.

 

Black Waxed Flesh leather however is awesome and while I'm sure there were sometime, I can't recall seeing a Viberg with that leather.

post #18320 of 19330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneleigh View Post
 


Thanks for doing that!  No issue at all!  I think you could even go 7" easily without issue it seems!  Skinny probably won't work, but a slim straight likely would.

You're welcome. Slim straight should be fine, I think the only way it becomes an issue is with an aggressive taper or "the" skinny jean

post #18321 of 19330
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

On a personal note, if any one wants a pair of Size 9.5 Route 10 chukkas - natural CXL chukkas with ping pong partial structure in stitchdown, NIB, I'm letting go of my pair if anyone is interested.  $500 OBO,  I've just come to the conclusion that I'll end up wearing my Hoppers instead this fall.

Damn, a half size too small! if anyone has a pair of the route 10s in size 10, drop me a line smile.gif
post #18322 of 19330
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDRH View Post

Those are one of my favorites, still hurts a little to look at them knowing they didnt make my size. I'd take those any day over a shell pair.

yeah, kinda annoyed no 7.5 when I saw these. I find the 2045 is the perfect last for my feet.
post #18323 of 19330
Quote:
Originally Posted by metranger8694 View Post

Black Waxed Flesh leather however is awesome and while I'm sure there were sometime, I can't recall seeing a Viberg with that leather.

Viberg stocked some black, brown, and natty waxed flesh. Also I think the first was the Palmer Trading Co collab.
post #18324 of 19330
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlchau View Post


Viberg stocked some black, brown, and natty waxed flesh. Also I think the first was the Palmer Trading Co collab.

Natty I've seen.

 

Brown, I and others here have from the last GMTO.

 

But black............

post #18325 of 19330
Quote:
Originally Posted by metranger8694 View Post
 

Natty I've seen.

 

Brown, I and others here have from the last GMTO.

 

But black............

https://viberg.com/products/service-boot-black-waxed-flesh?variant=1207230916

 

post #18326 of 19330

 

Thanks for that.

 

You know, maybe I did see that, but because of the cap toe and the natural midsole(don't like them with black leather) I may have jumped past it.

 

Good to know they use black waxed though.

post #18327 of 19330
Quote:
Originally Posted by metranger8694 View Post
 

 

Thanks for that.

 

You know, maybe I did see that, but because of the cap toe and the natural midsole(don't like them with black leather) I may have jumped past it.

 

Good to know they use black waxed though.

I think those and the black bison, have a black brown thing going on, as far as I can tell.

post #18328 of 19330
Quote:
Originally Posted by janoy89 View Post
 

What last would the short shifts be on, 110?

 

IMO black roughout on 430 or commando would be sweet.


Yes, 110.  I don't disagree that 430 or commando would be sweet.  Never seen a short shift with that combo before.  I'm thinking 430 could very well be a home run!  Think about it gents!

post #18329 of 19330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneleigh View Post
 


Yeah!  Here's another take on the Short Shift...mocha roughout is sweet, but black roughout would be killer too - with a smooth counter like this:

 

 

The top looks narrow enough too that I don't think it will be a problem under jeans.  It's probably fairly pliable too.  What say you guys?  Who else besides me and billymax needs to have a short shift boot in their stable?  It's a badass boot!  Fok, even you gotta admit it's a different enough candidate, right?

The short shifts I have now work fine under jeans.  They're not tall like cowboy boots.   I don't wear the super skinny jeans, usually a 7.5-8" leg opening and the SS works great.   If a black SS makes the cut, I'm on it.  I know most of you don't like the wedge sole, but I love it on this boot.   

post #18330 of 19330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneleigh View Post
 


Yes, 110.  I don't disagree that 430 or commando would be sweet.  Never seen a short shift with that combo before.  I'm thinking 430 could very well be a home run!  Think about it gents!

I would elect for a 110 with a structured toe. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots