anyone in here have anything in kangaroo? how do you like it if so?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions Last post on 2/28/14 at 12:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition Last post on 5/16/14 at 7:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Viberg Boots - Page 1169post #17522 of 193197/25/16 at 6:10pmpost #17523 of 193197/26/16 at 4:38ampost #17524 of 193197/26/16 at 6:09pmQuote:
The leather is definitely thinner than any cowhide, but isn't flimsy at all. I have the brown kangaroo and I found the color to be a little flat for my tastes, so I'm considering selling it and picking up the vintage mocha instead.post #17525 of 193197/26/16 at 6:11pmpost #17526 of 193197/26/16 at 6:48pmpost #17527 of 193197/26/16 at 7:02pmQuote:
Not all at once!
From back to front:
Brown Kangaroo Service Boot, 2030 last (viberg.com)
Tobacco Chamois Service Boot, Brogue Captoe, 2030 last (Notre Shop)
Aged Bark Service Boot, stitch down, 2030 last (Brooklyn Clothing)
Aged Bark Roughout Mini-ripple Service Boot, stitch down, 2040 last (3sixteen)post #17528 of 193197/26/16 at 7:48pmQuote:
I've seen it to be thinner, but they're lined so they should hold up pretty well. How does the thinner leather and GYW affect the fit. I wear an 8.5 in my 2030 aged bark and waxed flesh on stitchdown, but am strongly eyeing the grey kangaroos. I actually really like the flat coloring. Does the leather crease easily? I've read that it can actually roll a little more like shell vs crease like a calf.post #17529 of 193197/26/16 at 8:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by anjunafan
I've seen it to be thinner, but they're lined so they should hold up pretty well. How does the thinner leather and GYW affect the fit. I wear an 8.5 in my 2030 aged bark and waxed flesh on stitchdown, but am strongly eyeing the grey kangaroos. I actually really like the flat coloring. Does the leather crease easily? I've read that it can actually roll a little more like shell vs crease like a calf.
I'm a size 10 in 2030 and 2040. I haven't found there to be a notable difference in fit between GYW and stitch down. As I'm considering selling the kangaroo I haven't worn it enough to speak on how it wears over time (creasing vs rolling).post #17530 of 193197/26/16 at 8:44pmpost #17531 of 193197/29/16 at 4:42pmpost #17532 of 193197/29/16 at 4:44pmpost #17533 of 193198/1/16 at 12:03pmpost #17534 of 193198/2/16 at 1:13pm
Is it possible to have the proper size boot but still get big time heel slip?
I'm a Brannock 11.5, narrow side of D.
With medium thickness socks, my 10.5 reverse kudu and horsehide derby on the 1035 fit perfectly.
With the same sock as above, my half Japanese, garage boot and fat waxed all on the 110 fit perfectly.
But my size 10.5 Route 10, natural CXL chukka on the 110, laced tight slips big time at the heels and feels bigger than every other 110. When my foot lands, the balls of my feet hit in the right spot and I don't have an overabundance of space beyond my toes. I feel if I had gone down to a 10, my toes might get impinged.
The boot feels so heavy at the heel, I clip clop.
I love the chukkas. My only natty CXL. I feel if I wore thicker socks and placed heel pads, that could mitigate the heel slip.
Since it's a "dead stock" boot, would you try that or sell the boot.
Thanks!post #17535 of 193198/2/16 at 1:22pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 17 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 35 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 38 minutes ago
- › Obama's Unravelling 42 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 47 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 50 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 50 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 51 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 hour ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...