or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 1161

post #17401 of 19284


 I would guess 1035 also.  Same toe shape as mine.

post #17402 of 19284


tan essex mto, too bad it's not stitchdown or would instancop
post #17403 of 19284
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekalog View Post



tan essex mto, too bad it's not stitchdown or would instancop

who's the lucky guy who gets to do MTO?
post #17404 of 19284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post

who's the lucky guy who gets to do MTO?

HK Benny's Store. MTO for 4 pairs only due to dead stock of leather at Viberg. I preorder and the makeup was originally SD but later change to GYW. So I pass and bought brown WF SD instead.
Have I make the wrong choice? Any difference between natural & tan essex?
post #17405 of 19284
not sure why they need to do essex leather in GYW. but if you were expecting SD, you shouldn't settle for something else. the WF is nice as well.

typically natural is more yellowish and tan has a bit more reddish/orange tone
post #17406 of 19284
Not the wrong choice.
post #17407 of 19284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post

not sure why they need to do essex leather in GYW. but if you were expecting SD, you shouldn't settle for something else. the WF is nice as well
not sure either as essex in SD is so dope:



only hope to get the same makeup in SD is if truman would restock this again:


Edited by dekalog - 6/30/16 at 8:07am
post #17408 of 19284
Quote:
When Brett Viberg took over his dad’s factory they were producing 6,500 pairs of boots. This year they’ll ship upwards of 9,000, produced from a new, larger facility and sold alongside top luxury brands at boutiques around the world

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/fashion-and-beauty/fashion/made-in-canada-or-bust-standing-on-guard-for-canadian-mens-wear/article30713412/
post #17409 of 19284

I just saw Viberg has restocked tan horsehide in my size, considering snagging a pair but on the fence due to GYW vs SD. Anyone have a pair that can comment? 

post #17410 of 19284
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzpac View Post
 

I just saw Viberg has restocked tan horsehide in my size, considering snagging a pair but on the fence due to GYW vs SD. Anyone have a pair that can comment? 


I had those - they fit me way tighter than SD. I find that the GYW overall creates a tighter fit, especially with leathers like the Guidi calf or horse. They just feel tighter. I had to sell as a result. 

post #17411 of 19284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviv View Post
 


I had those - they fit me way tighter than SD. I find that the GYW overall creates a tighter fit, especially with leathers like the Guidi calf or horse. They just feel tighter. I had to sell as a result. 



Incredibly helpful, thank you. Aesthetically did you feel GYW was inferior? I know it's a personal preference but the input is appreciated. 

post #17412 of 19284
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzpac View Post
 



Incredibly helpful, thank you. Aesthetically did you feel GYW was inferior? I know it's a personal preference but the input is appreciated. 


I should also mention it was the combination of a partially structured toe with GYW that made the fit wrong. 

 

I have posted a lot here about how much I dislike Viberg's GYW. It's not a moral thing, and I don't think they are betraying themselves or anyone else by trying to do it. I simply think the most attractive, aesthetically pleasing and unique aspect of Viberg's look is the stitch down. Having owned both and done plenty of comparison, I can confidently say that the look of the last, especially 2030, is affected negatively without the SD. I think they end up looking sort of like a nice English boot ala Crockett and Jones or something. The problem is, I'd rather just get C&J because they nail that dressier, refined look. 

 

Now, I realize much of the draw to Viberg is the durability and construction. You will no doubt still get all of that with GYW. I simply don't believe anyone who claims it is less durable than SD (I actually think GYW could be re-soled more times but that's another argument). With that said, once you're into the Viberg price range all this durability talk is moot to me on some level. My best friend refuses to pay for more than his Red Wing Iron Rangers, even though he lusts desperately whenever he sees my Vibergs. He treats his boots harshly and his Red Wings have held up perfectly well. My point is that if you're paying for Viberg, you should get exactly the details you want. Don't settle. I have done this too much myself for a specific leather or detail and was never happy and always sold them. 

 

To sum up: SD is THE Viberg look as far as I'm concerned. It is what sets them apart AESTHETICALLY. For me personally, this is the  main reason I buy and wear the boots: for the look. Plenty of cheaper options will be just as durable. (Just to cover my bases here, I'm not saying Viberg is not worth the money, I clearly think they are and that's why I own them. I'm saying in my mind I'm paying for the construction AS WELL AS and principally for the design.)

post #17413 of 19284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviv View Post
 


I should also mention it was the combination of a partially structured toe with GYW that made the fit wrong. 

 

I have posted a lot here about how much I dislike Viberg's GYW. It's not a moral thing, and I don't think they are betraying themselves or anyone else by trying to do it. I simply think the most attractive, aesthetically pleasing and unique aspect of Viberg's look is the stitch down. Having owned both and done plenty of comparison, I can confidently say that the look of the last, especially 2030, is affected negatively without the SD. I think they end up looking sort of like a nice English boot ala Crockett and Jones or something. The problem is, I'd rather just get C&J because they nail that dressier, refined look. 

 

Now, I realize much of the draw to Viberg is the durability and construction. You will no doubt still get all of that with GYW. I simply don't believe anyone who claims it is less durable than SD (I actually think GYW could be re-soled more times but that's another argument). With that said, once you're into the Viberg price range all this durability talk is moot to me on some level. My best friend refuses to pay for more than his Red Wing Iron Rangers, even though he lusts desperately whenever he sees my Vibergs. He treats his boots harshly and his Red Wings have held up perfectly well. My point is that if you're paying for Viberg, you should get exactly the details you want. Don't settle. I have done this too much myself for a specific leather or detail and was never happy and always sold them. 

 

To sum up: SD is THE Viberg look as far as I'm concerned. It is what sets them apart AESTHETICALLY. For me personally, this is the  main reason I buy and wear the boots: for the look. Plenty of cheaper options will be just as durable. (Just to cover my bases here, I'm not saying Viberg is not worth the money, I clearly think they are and that's why I own them. I'm saying in my mind I'm paying for the construction AS WELL AS and principally for the design.)



Hit the nail on the head here brother. SD is the Viberg look, and whenever I'm wearing them I always find myself looking down drawn to this particular aesthetic. Thanks for the affirmation. 

post #17414 of 19284
Anyone got picks of the boots there selling at the fashion show? Or did sell if it's over?
post #17415 of 19284

 

Grabbed these off of grailed this past week. From what I could gather, these were a japanese makeup on the 2045 last in black roughout and what looks like bison.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots