or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 1158

post #17356 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dongle View Post
 

As a bit of a shell newby, can someone shed some light on how natural shell would age or darken over time? They are a bit lighter than I anticipated

 

Did you end up with a pair?

This thread on Reddit has links to pics, original and 'current' state. Obviously depends a bit on how you wear and condition them, but yea it looks like they darken up a little into a nice rich brown with some brighter tones.

 

https://www.reddit.com/r/goodyearwelt/comments/26n6tw/natural_shell_cordovan_vibergs/

post #17357 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by limonade View Post
 

 

Did you end up with a pair?

This thread on Reddit has links to pics, original and 'current' state. Obviously depends a bit on how you wear and condition them, but yea it looks like they darken up a little into a nice rich brown with some brighter tones.

 

https://www.reddit.com/r/goodyearwelt/comments/26n6tw/natural_shell_cordovan_vibergs/


Thanks! Yes I did snag a pair. I felt a little dumb asking that question after throwing down the money for them, but I was just a little surprised by how light they were in person compared to the pictures I had seen before and was curious if it was just a matter of time. Every other Viberg I have has darkened a bit, but I don't have much experience with shell besides a wallet I have.

post #17358 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dongle View Post
 


Thanks! Yes I did snag a pair. I felt a little dumb asking that question after throwing down the money for them, but I was just a little surprised by how light they were in person compared to the pictures I had seen before and was curious if it was just a matter of time. Every other Viberg I have has darkened a bit, but I don't have much experience with shell besides a wallet I have.

Almost everything darkens over time.

post #17359 of 19288
For those wanting the Lost and Found Natural chromexcel they have another preorder run

https://shoplostfound.com/collections/viberg/products/viberg-natural-chromexcel-service-boot
post #17360 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dongle View Post
 


Thanks! Yes I did snag a pair. I felt a little dumb asking that question after throwing down the money for them, but I was just a little surprised by how light they were in person compared to the pictures I had seen before and was curious if it was just a matter of time. Every other Viberg I have has darkened a bit, but I don't have much experience with shell besides a wallet I have.


Just came across this really cool example which highlights something I think we've all seen, but I for one was not aware that this was specific property of shell...the differences in color that you can get just from the angle ...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB2vKX0nLpz/


Edited by limonade - 6/22/16 at 5:54am
post #17361 of 19288

Thinking about selling my Viberg brandy shells (size 9.5) and Viberg x 3Sixteen olive chromepaks (size 8.5). How much do you guys reckon I could get for them?

post #17362 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skell6009 View Post

Thinking about selling my Viberg brandy shells (size 9.5) and Viberg x 3Sixteen olive chromepaks (size 8.5). How much do you guys reckon I could get for them?

I'm guessing a mint pair of the brandy will go for around 1200-1300.
post #17363 of 19288

 

 

 

 

post #17364 of 19288
Any quality insole recommendations to step up 1 full size on the 2030?
post #17365 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootThePier View Post

Any quality insole recommendations to step up 1 full size on the 2030?

one size is tough. your toes will be squished downwards with a thick insole. 1/2 size is doable.
post #17366 of 19288
Any recommendations?
My feet are a little odd. Comfort wise I prefer the 1035 in a 9, and the 2030 in a 8.5. The 8.5 2030 I have to wear dress or sport socks, thick socks are a no go.
post #17367 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootThePier View Post

Any recommendations?
My feet are a little odd. Comfort wise I prefer the 1035 in a 9, and the 2030 in a 8.5. The 8.5 2030 I have to wear dress or sport socks, thick socks are a no go.

Isn't the 1035 just the 2030.with a rounder toebox. Why not just go 9 2030?
post #17368 of 19288
I should go with a 9 on the 2030. I only have shell on the 2030, second-hand, so my opportunities to try larger have been limited.
post #17369 of 19288

Does anyone here have the grey calf derbies?  If so, what belt do you wear with them?  The grey calf looks like an interesting leather that should age nicely and show some brown/olive tones.  My lack of a suitable belt is keeping me from giving them a try.  Thanks.

post #17370 of 19288

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

Unless you use a different manufacturer, or buy used, you wont find that here.

Viberg has stopped all manufacturing of stitchdown shell cordovan.


Actually that was a quote from someone who just bought some at the sample sale.

 

But yes, I'm already assuming I'll have to look elsewhere.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots