or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 1155

post #17311 of 19291
^^ just curious, what does Himel Bros being to a Viberg collaboration?
post #17312 of 19291
Quality minded customers from a different demographic. It could also be as simple as selling more engineer/biker boots.
I've been eyeballing a Himel Canuck for a long time.
post #17313 of 19291
natural shell unglazed one-off customed made for HK Benny Store:



]






Edited by dekalog - 6/17/16 at 10:42am
post #17314 of 19291

Got these from 14oz in my usual size 10. They fit nicely but they are a tad loose around the toes, both laterally and vertically. I'm a 11C on the Brannock, so these E width are better suited with a thick sock. Very happy with them so far. Waxed flesh is a great leather.

 

 

 

And here, my country derby's, one week after breaking them out, attending a commencement ceremony in New York. Got several compliments and inquiries about them.

 

post #17315 of 19291
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekalog View Post

natural shell unglazed one-off customed made for HK Benny Store:



]






i like the unglazed look much better on these boots.
post #17316 of 19291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post


i like the unglazed look much better on these boots.

Agreed. Wish the preorder would have been for unglazed...

Not sure I'm familiar with the glazing process, is there any way to remove it? Or is it basically part of the leather once the leather has been finished?

post #17317 of 19291
Quote:
Originally Posted by limonade View Post

Agreed. Wish the preorder would have been for unglazed...
Not sure I'm familiar with the glazing process, is there any way to remove it? Or is it basically part of the leather once the leather has been finished?

i have seen it done on the alden thread on some color 8 boots. i think they used renomat to do it. you can always reglaze with angelus acrylic, but i would be hesitant to do it on a model that is difficult to replace.
post #17318 of 19291
Quote:
Originally Posted by limonade View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post

i like the unglazed look much better on these boots.
Agreed. Wish the preorder would have been for unglazed...
Not sure I'm familiar with the glazing process, is there any way to remove it? Or is it basically part of the leather once the leather has been finished?

I've removed the glaze from a couple pairs of Aldens. I used Acetone which was very harsh. In hindsight I should have used Renomat.

Here is the color 8 unlined dover: http://imgur.com/a/OriU7

And whiskey LWB end result - no progress pics. http://i.imgur.com/opQ7hN7.jpg?1
post #17319 of 19291
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgleason View Post


I've removed the glaze from a couple pairs of Aldens. I used Acetone which was very harsh. In hindsight I should have used Renomat.

Here is the color 8 unlined dover: http://imgur.com/a/OriU7

And whiskey LWB end result - no progress pics. http://i.imgur.com/opQ7hN7.jpg?1

Very interesting...the change in the whiskeys looks much more subtle than the color 8s...

As akeem said, I would be wary of doing it on a pair of viberg shell given how infrequently it comes up...but I guess the same could have been said about your whiskey LWB.

 

Definitely something to keep in mind...

 

 

Speaking of shell, there was talk of the Natural Shell pre-orders from April arriving today. Who all got their orders in?

post #17320 of 19291
Quote:
Originally Posted by limonade View Post

Very interesting...the change in the whiskeys looks much more subtle than the color 8s...
As akeem said, I would be wary of doing it on a pair of viberg shell given how infrequently it comes up...but I guess the same could have been said about your whiskey LWB.

Definitely something to keep in mind...


Speaking of shell, there was talk of the Natural Shell pre-orders from April arriving today. Who all got their orders in?
Mine was supposed to arrive today but I was out of town so they're going to try to redeliver tomorrow.
Edited by onoudidntgf - 6/18/16 at 10:45am
post #17321 of 19291
In non-Viberg unglazed news, I thought the "unpolished" shell cordovan Tricker's with colored stitching looked pretty sick too.

post #17322 of 19291

My Natural Shells arrived today

 

 

post #17323 of 19291
Looking good.
post #17324 of 19291
Quote:
Originally Posted by onoudidntgf View Post

My Natural Shells arrived today
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







Mine can not get here soon enough!!!
post #17325 of 19291
Quote:
Originally Posted by onoudidntgf View Post

My Natural Shells arrived today








Those natural shells are so nice! Absolute perfection! Congrats!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots