Hoping I didn't size too big on the Hoppers, can't wait for those boots. Telling myself no more shoes until I get those!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions Last post on 2/28/14 at 12:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition Last post on 5/16/14 at 7:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Viberg Boots - Page 1154post #17296 of 193016/16/16 at 10:12ampost #17297 of 193016/16/16 at 10:23ampost #17298 of 193016/16/16 at 10:27amI originally went with an 11.5 but contacted Fok and switched to a 12. I'm a true 12 on a brannock and took and 11.5 in the 2045 Boondockers. I just got those beige calf derbies on the 1035 last in size 12 and they feel a little long so I'm hoping that won't be the case with the Hoppers.post #17299 of 193016/16/16 at 10:28ampost #17300 of 193016/16/16 at 10:46ampost #17301 of 193016/16/16 at 10:55amQuote:Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
If ever there's another SF GMTO in the future__ I'd like a pair of Camel hides__ Non-black, preferably Natty ... In Chelsea or Derby ... 'Got enuff SDs, so don't care if if it'll be on flat GYW.
I mentioned [that] to Guy F when we had a short chat @VibergSampleSale. He said they're finishing up the remaining lot of the black camel, then they "might" try testing other colors.
I asked him why only black__ he' wasn't sure why ... might be cuz of the nature of the leather itself or w/e, but he said they'll try ...
I would love a dark bison sleek hunter boot with mini-ripple, but that makes two big assumptions - Bison still done on SD and GMTOs are still on.post #17302 of 193016/16/16 at 10:55ampost #17303 of 193016/16/16 at 11:05amQuote:
i could get behind a pit tanned bison sleek hunter. should still be on SD as those on .com are.
and since we are talking wish lists,
beige kangaroo on the 1035 with antique brass eyelets and perforated captoe.
and bring back the snuff kudu.post #17304 of 193016/16/16 at 12:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by totalair1
My 2 cents is that none of the make ups we've seen recently would have been made in those leathers if it were SD construction. It's possible for many leathers to be very tough but not easy to bend or stitch. I think its way too far down the road to say if it were SD I'd buy it. Brett has made it clear why he won't go there anymore and no amount of complaining is going to change it IMHO.
Just because its been done in SD in the past does not mean its going to happen again. I like SD better but it does not stop me for buying it in GYW if I like the make up. I've never had a GYW boot fail me due to extreme use. I've found the leather itself typically fails before anything happens in the SD or GYW areas of my shoes and boots. I understand many like the look of SD better. It's not like Viberg does not make SD anymore
To be honest kangaroo, reindeer and shell are not the hides as my 1st choice I would pick to go do extreme outdoor events. Thats not saying you can't.
In summary: I don't see the point in continuing to look up a dead horses butt when it's not going to ride again!
Personally without going into conspiracy theories, I think alot of the SD vs. GYW decisions have nothing to do with whether the leather "can handle" the stitchdown construction and more to do with a certain aesthetic desire they are aiming for or some other reason like getting use of heavy capex on GYW machines, which can churn alot more volume.
Regardless I think eventually there will be more stitchdown boots when they start to notice less GYW boots selling. And if that isnt the case they will continue to churn out whatever they want.
Social media is an interesting feedback loop that has never existed for manufacturers and while they can read what people write here and elsewhere, the numbers are what speaks and companies dont strive to make products that people dont buy.
Im not interested in Rudolph if he isnt stitched down. And it has nothing to do with durability, I just dont like the way it looks.post #17305 of 193016/16/16 at 12:09pmQuote:
Those looked more like boots made for friends rather than upcoming choices for customers.post #17306 of 193016/16/16 at 12:14pmQuote:
I may have misunderstood, but in subsequent IG posts on Himel's page of those same boots there is mention of Himel marketing those boots in the near future. Again, I may have misunderstood, or it just may be wishful thinking on my part.post #17307 of 193016/16/16 at 12:18pmQuote:
Maybe you're right. I didnt see the second derivative of the post. Anything is possible. Im not against it, I would buy those lolpost #17308 of 193016/16/16 at 12:28pmpost #17309 of 193016/16/16 at 1:28pmpost #17310 of 193016/16/16 at 3:38pmQuote:
I saw the Himmel bros post a few weeks back as well. My understanding is that there will be a collaboration release later this year. Time will tell.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 2 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 11 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 16 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 18 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 19 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE NOVEMBER December 2nd CORDUROY 23 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 27 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 39 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 40 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway