or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 1149

post #17221 of 19320
Quote:
Originally Posted by gte872h View Post

Fantastic pickups brownmetallic! I think I was in the store the same time as you were last Friday. I love the pit tanned bison as well and was hoping there was a brown bison boot in my size but if they had any they were already taken before I made my way in. It's hard to imagine next years sample sale will be as fruitful but one can only hope!
Hey! Thnx🙏🏻 ... 2045 had been elusive ... maybe next year.

'Seen a couple of familiar faces, like xchen [fromSuFu], but I usually keep to myself. I only recognize peeps from their loots. So, which dude were u?
post #17222 of 19320
'Aight! As it turns out, the [brown] service boots are Ebony Latigo on 1035. Have not handled any, IRL ... So, please advise if I'm wrong.

With regards to the eyelets, I think they're "acceptably" spaced apart. There's this bottom 1st & 2nd eyelets [*2nd photo] that're set slightly closer, but no one's going to bother looking that close & from that angle ... invisible, once boots get creases & scratches from wear.

EFD36BAB-886E-43E8-A23B-C61424D73A9A.jpg

97CBF37C-E77F-454F-8BCE-BDE54E35CE3C.jpg

F8CBB139-054A-4A32-8D05-4876757C0161.jpg
post #17223 of 19320
Very nice!
post #17224 of 19320
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post

'Aight! As it turns out, the [brown] service boots are Ebony Latigo on 1035. Have not handled any, IRL ... So, please advise if I'm wrong.

With regards to the eyelets, I think they're "acceptably" spaced apart. There's this bottom 1st & 2nd eyelets [*2nd photo] that're set slightly closer, but no one's going to bother looking that close & from that angle ... invisible, once boots get creases & scratches from wear.

EFD36BAB-886E-43E8-A23B-C61424D73A9A.jpg

97CBF37C-E77F-454F-8BCE-BDE54E35CE3C.jpg

F8CBB139-054A-4A32-8D05-4876757C0161.jpg

those look really nice!  i have ebony latigo on my HJ oxford and I really like it.  

post #17225 of 19320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post

arent all outsoles essentially cemented on? after some wear, the stitching is worn away and the cement holds the outsole in place.

I really don't know if the stitches are doing much in these cases or not...I think the ones that remain intact may be helping. Also, depending on the outsole, the stitching doesn't wear away as quickly.

However, even if the outsole were entirely cemented on, as is generally the case with soles such as the Vibram Christy wedge, I believe it is no big deal to just cement it back on or cement on a new outsole. It's not integral to the core structure of the footwear. I have no personal experience with failed gemming, but people such as @DWFII have talked at length in other threads here about the difficulties of repairing it to good effect.
post #17226 of 19320
Don't know much about shoe/boot construction, but from what I know, the bobbin thread is waxed [its the bottom thread, outsole side]. The thread @midsole+welt & the bobbin thread lock stitch somewhere in the middle of the outsole__ each locking serves as a peg to hold fasten the outsole to the midsole+welt, even as the outsole stitch wears away ... The peg also serves as "plug" to seal & waterproof the stitch hole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post

arent all outsoles essentially cemented on? after some wear, the stitching is worn away and the cement holds the outsole in place.
post #17227 of 19320
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post

Hey! Thnx🙏🏻 ... 2045 had been elusive ... maybe next year.

'Seen a couple of familiar faces, like xchen [fromSuFu], but I usually keep to myself. I only recognize peeps from their loots. So, which dude were u?

By my loot. Let's see. I was the dude with the long hair and a beard wearing black wayfarers fiercely guarding the burgundy 310s and black engineers while trying to figure out which tan derby to go with.
post #17228 of 19320
I think I was a couple of people down from you on line.
post #17229 of 19320

Vibergs will always be my first love, but I was looking for something a little different lately and picked up a pair of Galways and have really been enjoying them. 

 

 

 

post #17230 of 19320
How is sizing vs Viberg?
post #17231 of 19320
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootThePier View Post

How is sizing vs Viberg?

these are listed as 10/10.5, and I take a 10 in the 2030. 

post #17232 of 19320
^ seems consistent with what I would expect.
post #17233 of 19320

I recently copped a pair of Aged Bark chukkas from Notre, during their sale.

 

 

Very pleased with these as they break in: the leather is amazing and the 110 last very comfortable on the 2060 Vibram. Definitely a good choice for the warmer months around my way.

post #17234 of 19320
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post

'Aight! As it turns out, the [brown] service boots are Ebony Latigo on 1035. Have not handled any, IRL ... So, please advise if I'm wrong.

With regards to the eyelets, I think they're "acceptably" spaced apart. There's this bottom 1st & 2nd eyelets [*2nd photo] that're set slightly closer, but no one's going to bother looking that close & from that angle ... invisible, once boots get creases & scratches from wear.

EFD36BAB-886E-43E8-A23B-C61424D73A9A.jpg

97CBF37C-E77F-454F-8BCE-BDE54E35CE3C.jpg

F8CBB139-054A-4A32-8D05-4876757C0161.jpg

This are my favorite ones!!

post #17235 of 19320
my brother's scotch grain shell at 3 years





New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots