or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 1146

post #17176 of 19577
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry2000 View Post

I don't. Email Guy at Viberg.com.

Cool. Thought I would ask here before I emailing him.
post #17177 of 19577
Will do linafelt. smile.gif
post #17178 of 19577

This is what I picked up from the sample sale:

 

 

I hear they are having it in Los Angeles next year!

 

(just kidding).

post #17179 of 19577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneleigh View Post

I hear they are having it in Los Angeles next year!

The way to make something real is just to repeat it over and over, right?
post #17180 of 19577

Im hooked on this brand after my first purchase from Brooklynclothing. Anyone know what spec this boot is from Mr Porter? I could not get much from the sales rep over the phone.

 

http://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/viberg/leather-service-boots/722229?ppv=2

 

Is that a stitch down/natty CXL like it think it is?

post #17181 of 19577
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post

Im hooked on this brand after my first purchase from Brooklynclothing. Anyone know what spec this boot is from Mr Porter? I could not get much from the sales rep over the phone.

http://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/viberg/leather-service-boots/722229?ppv=2

Is that a stitch down/natty CXL like it think it is?

Pictures are Stitchdown. Details say Goodyearwelted.
post #17182 of 19577
Are you trying to say mr porter's descriptions are sometimes inaccurate??

Vibergs are no longer described as "made in england" I mean what more do you want.
post #17183 of 19577

It seems like Viberg has been producing a lot of makeups with blind eyelets recently and there seems to always be a vocal crowd saying they'd still have a cobbler change them over to brass or nickel. Can't seem to find anybody who's actually gone through with it though.

Considering this myself, and looking for examples and  reputable cobblers to take on the task. Have heard a few horror stories of cobblers botching the job on other boots, and want to get it done right.

I know of: 

Randy the Cobbler 

Sublime Goods

 

Anybody else I should look in to?

post #17184 of 19577
Brian The Bootmaker I'm sure would do an excellent job. Everything else he does is very thorough and clean.
post #17185 of 19577
[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by limonade View Post

It seems like Viberg has been producing a lot of makeups with blind eyelets recently and there seems to always be a vocal crowd saying they'd still have a cobbler change them over to brass or nickel. Can't seem to find anybody who's actually gone through with it though.
Considering this myself, and looking for examples and  reputable cobblers to take on the task. Have heard a few horror stories of cobblers botching the job on other boots, and want to get it done right.
I know of: 
Randy the Cobbler 
Sublime Goods

Anybody else I should look in to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootThePier View Post

Brian The Bootmaker I'm sure would do an excellent job. Everything else he does is very thorough and clean.

Ahoneshoes as well

removing blind eyelets requires unstitching the leather and restitching it together. so definitely want someone who is experienced doing it.
post #17186 of 19577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post

[/quote]

Ahoneshoes as well

removing blind eyelets requires unstitching the leather and restitching it together. so definitely want someone who is experienced doing it.

 

Good call on Ahoneshoes. I always forget about him, maybe just cause I havent seen examples of his work whereas Sublime and Randy have (or had in the case of Sublime) fancy instagrams.

Speaking of, was able to dig up this old instagram post from Randy, pretty much exactly what I'm looking for...might just end up going with him if he's available.

https://www.instagram.com/p/4nmBHsJ-c1/

post #17187 of 19577
post #17188 of 19577
VibergSampleSale Friday Haul:
•ALL stitchdowns
•110 = 1 Chukka
•1035 = 2 Service Boots + 1 Derby Shoes

639B1FD1-36CE-48FA-B9BC-12511BE53F5E.jpg

89ABF656-F73B-47A5-BC9B-C6F82EB35810.jpg



Nothing fancy really, 'cept for the 1035 Black Pit Tanned Bison Service Boots, w/c were freakin' fabulous , IMO.

Set versus the black leather sofa__ visible complex hues brought out by the afternoon light from the living room window just convinced me they're my new bbf smile.gif 'Fortunate to have handled Bison leather before, but not @same level of quality.

Had a short chat w/GuyFerguson & he said the tanning process is the same as on their famed + sought after shell cordovan. No quarter lining needed__ leather was as thick, if not thicker than the #HorweenCXL they use.

97A89DA9-7B78-48FC-825F-5AEC169581C5.jpg

35F93299-F30E-43C3-A94B-7E8DC2643051.jpg
AFDE92CA-6374-4D14-AE1F-1DBC92268434.jpg
post #17189 of 19577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneleigh View Post

This is what I picked up from the sample sale:



 





 



I hear they are having it in Los Angeles next year!



 



(just kidding).


 



If that's a Viberg box it better be stichdown or I ain't using it!
post #17190 of 19577
Quote:
Originally Posted by metranger8694 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneleigh View Post

This is what I picked up from the sample sale:



 





 



I hear they are having it in Los Angeles next year!



 



(just kidding).


 



If that's a Viberg box it better be stichdown or I ain't using it!

I believe all their boxes are hand stitched using ancient techniques passed down through the ages by Canadian artisans wink.gif

I will say this weekend was the first time I was up close and personal with many pairs of gyw boots and some of them seemed quite nice. Definitely solid build. Some of the flat welts looked a bit weird and exaggerated in the toe otherwise not bad. I only bought stitchdown but wanted to provide the counterpoint of someone who is inherently biased.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots