or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 1140

post #17086 of 19290
Plus, weather looks legitimately bad. 70% chance of rain at noon. NY'ers hate the rain. Everyone stay home.
post #17087 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayb10 View Post

Plus, weather looks legitimately bad. 70% chance of rain at noon. NY'ers hate the rain. Everyone stay home.

Find me a person that likes the rain ;)

post #17088 of 19290

Anyone want to help me out with a proxy for the Sunday? PM me if you can help!

post #17089 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDRH View Post
 

Find me a person that likes the rain ;)

"I'm only happy when it rains".

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpBFOJ3R0M4

post #17090 of 19290
Joining my Viberg work boots, some dusty calf service boots arrived today from Brooklyn Clothing. I am awfully pleased with them! They were supposed to be stitch-down, but are GYW...one must roll with the punches.

I wear a 10B in their standard work boots with bery heavy wool socks...these 2030s are 10E and fit well with medium-weight socks. I am 10.5 C Brannock, but I like my footwear on the long side, partially due to my long heel-to-ball lengths and partially due to all the hiking boot sizing to which I am accustomed.

post #17091 of 19290
Count me in if someone were willing to proxy. Thanks
post #17092 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirling View Post

Joining my Viberg work boots, some dusty calf service boots arrived today from Brooklyn Clothing. I am awfully pleased with them! They were supposed to be stitch-down, but are GYW...one must roll with the punches.

I wear a 10B in their standard work boots with bery heavy wool socks...these 2030s are 10E and fit well with medium-weight socks. I am 10.5 C Brannock, but I like my footwear on the long side, partially due to my long heel-to-ball lengths and partially due to all the hiking boot sizing to which I am accustomed.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

That is a punch I would be very unhappy to roll with.  To me that is a big change, much more than say eyelets vs. blind eyelets or dianite vs commando.

post #17093 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirling View Post

Joining my Viberg work boots, some dusty calf service boots arrived today from Brooklyn Clothing. I am awfully pleased with them! They were supposed to be stitch-down, but are GYW...one must roll with the punches.

I wear a 10B in their standard work boots with bery heavy wool socks...these 2030s are 10E and fit well with medium-weight socks. I am 10.5 C Brannock, but I like my footwear on the long side, partially due to my long heel-to-ball lengths and partially due to all the hiking boot sizing to which I am accustomed.


Just curious what you mean "were supposed to be stitch down"? Did they advertise them as such? Quite a big error. If you like them that's all that matters but I just felt like chiming in because recently I've decided not compromise on any details anymore. Stitch down is the number one for me because it just looks better.
post #17094 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviv View Post

Just curious what you mean "were supposed to be stitch down"? Did they advertise them as such? Quite a big error. If you like them that's all that matters but I just felt like chiming in because recently I've decided not compromise on any details anymore. Stitch down is the number one for me because it just looks better.

They were advertised and shown as stitch-down. Brooklyn Clothing offered to take them back and refund my money, including the cost of return shipping. They offered me $50 CAD in lieu of the money they would have to pay me to ship them back if I were interested in keeping them. As I do like the color and the final price was well under $600 USD, I decided to keep them. I was, truthfully, a little conflicted about it, but I am happy with my final decision.

In the future, I think I will get stitch-down and will get it directly from Viberg or one of their US retailers...
post #17095 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirling View Post

They were advertised and shown as stitch-down. Brooklyn Clothing offered to take them back and refund my money, including the cost of return shipping. They offered me $50 CAD in lieu of the money they would have to pay me to ship them back if I were interested in keeping them. As I do like the color and the final price was well under $600 USD, I decided to keep them. I was, truthfully, a little conflicted about it, but I am happy with my final decision.

In the future, I think I will get stitch-down and will get it directly from Viberg or one of their US retailers...

Sounds like a good retail experience to fix a mistake. I would have returned them but that's just me. As long as your happy that's what's important.
post #17096 of 19290


Got these beauties from Brooklyn.  The sales staff and owner were great to deal with and had a good chat with them.

post #17097 of 19290
Anybody in line yet?
post #17098 of 19290
Periscope please
post #17099 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootThePier View Post

Anybody in line yet?


Its 4:50 AM.  If I leave now, I can be there before 6.  Too early?  Probably too late.

post #17100 of 19290
walked by just now on the way to work. about 20 people on line in the rain. I don't think I could stand in the rain for 3 hours to save 150 bucks. sunday would be the best day to go if they do the same thing as last year and slash prices.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots