or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 1132

post #16966 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDRH View Post

I hear what you are saying. Pretty much every Viberg shell pre-sale has sold out in minutes if not seconds since the navy shell (Jan/Feb 2014 if I recall) ones they offered which took a few weeks, that seems to be when Alden shell hit a fever pitch and people realized there where other high end alternatives.

Totally agree the increased demand has been driven by the internet, instagram and the overall rise in menswear spending that has been happening the past few years.

But I suspect the premiums are capped so to speak by the overall price point. There seems to be alot of people willing to pay between $1000 - $1500 for a "grail" Alden Boot and I think that price point sort of stops out any any massive 2x premium for a Viberg shell that starts at $1100.  There are certain Alden boots I might consider paying +$1000 before I would want a GYW Viberg natty shell for $1100, stitchdown that is another story and a chapter which appears to be closed.

And it is really only for shell cordovan, which I do not deny is a cool and unique leather, but is totally and absurdly overhyped across the internet which may to your final point eventually make them all go for a premium because the demand continues to grow ad supply seems to be fairly steady.  But there is a pair of reverse shell that are on eBay which have not sold in the past few weeks and the seller lowered the starting price to $900 so he could potentially walk away with about a $300 loss after fees.  So there is at least some measure of sanity in the market, although I feel sorry for the guy.

All excellent points. The reverse shell was not my cup of tea...though I've got nothing against it. It's certainly true that non shell Vibergs that are BNIB don't sell for retail price. Many Alden's don't either. Within the last year I bought Cigar Indy, Cigar LHS ne #8 LWB for a combined cost of about $1,000 off eBay. I doubt I'll ever repeat that deal!

However I've never seen anything Alden or Viberg in shell in my size in Color 4, Brandy or Natural shell that I could buy. I would pay over list for those if they became available. Missed out on the recent natty shell Vibergs because I was not logged into PayPal.

Steve
post #16967 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post


All excellent points. The reverse shell was not my cup of tea...though I've got nothing against it. It's certainly true that non shell Vibergs that are BNIB don't sell for retail price. Many Alden's don't either. Within the last year I bought Cigar Indy, Cigar LHS ne #8 LWB for a combined cost of about $1,000 off eBay. I doubt I'll ever repeat that deal!

However I've never seen anything Alden or Viberg in shell in my size in Color 4, Brandy or Natural shell that I could buy. I would pay over list for those if they became available. Missed out on the recent natty shell Vibergs because I was not logged into PayPal.

Steve

Yeah, the reverse shell was not something that appealed to me although its great marketing for them and probably worth its weight in gold.  If they were stitchdown I might have considered it just for curiosity and they may end up looking really cool over time, but I would pretty much choose any stitchdown model they have on their website before I purchased those even if they were calf priced.

 

Cigar Indy, might truly be my grail.  I would say you scored some deals there, I had to wait 2 years and it wasnt at a discount lol. Ive even considered buying/trying to buy a second just to have a spare. I would pay $1200 bucks for a Ravello Indy(If it existed) possibly a whiskey but that is about it for premiums in my mind and Ive been getting rid of alot of Aldens.

 

I missed out on the Brandy shell from 2014 because of that paypal thing, so I feel your pain lol.  That was about the time I gave up on bothering with those Air Jordan style releases.  Those Brandy shells and the Context Horse Anus are my biggest Viberg misses.

post #16968 of 19290
I still really lust after the navy shell. I wonder if it will ever come again...seems like an easier thing to get since it is practically as dark as black and you probably don't need perfect hide like you do for the lighter colors.
post #16969 of 19290
here is a novel idea.

make a 12 boot set for SF, one for every month. highest bidder wins. some kind of shell with stitchdown. let the market dictate pricing. at the end of the year, anything over X amount goes to Fok's charity.
post #16970 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post

here is a novel idea.

make a 12 boot set for SF, one for every month. highest bidder wins. some kind of shell with stitchdown. let the market dictate pricing. at the end of the year, anything over X amount goes to Fok's charity.

I'd play. Great idea! Gotta be good for business all the way around. Could even throw a horse butt in for those that missed out. @LA Guy
post #16971 of 19290
Boondocker & brown cxl restock at uptherestore:

http://uptherestore.com/collections/all/cf-vendor-viberg
post #16972 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post

here is a novel idea.

make a 12 boot set for SF, one for every month. highest bidder wins. some kind of shell with stitchdown. let the market dictate pricing. at the end of the year, anything over X amount goes to Fok's charity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootThePier View Post

I'd play. Great idea! Gotta be good for business all the way around. Could even throw a horse butt in for those that missed out. @LA Guy

I would play too. I was 2nd highest bidder on the Viberg shell boot that got auctioned last Christmas

Steve
post #16973 of 19290
Can't beat the painted Guidi horsehide boots IMO Painted_Guidi_SB1.jpg?3510
post #16974 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutabaga View Post

Can't beat the painted Guidi horsehide boots IMO Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Painted_Guidi_SB1.jpg?3510

 

I think you can lol.  I would love to see a pic of how those turned out after a couple years wear.

post #16975 of 19290

I am looking for a pair of brown cxl service boots in size 8.5 with the unstructured toe/brogue cap toe. Anyone know any stockists that have it?

post #16976 of 19290
post #16977 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
 

I am looking for a pair of brown cxl service boots in size 8.5 with the unstructured toe/brogue cap toe. Anyone know any stockists that have it?

 

Pretty sure all the GYW are now partially structured. And not many stitchdown options these days.

Here's one thats very close, only difference is straight cap.

http://shop.brooklynclothing.com/service-boot-brown-cxl/

post #16978 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDRH View Post
 

I think you can lol.  I would love to see a pic of how those turned out after a couple years wear.

Agreed. And... by another manufacturer. 

 

The very clear decline in stitchdown on most of the products being offered really adds a bad taste in general.

 

Its about "vision" and margins, as opposed to voice of the customer. 

post #16979 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

Agreed. And... by another manufacturer. 

 

The very clear decline in stitchdown on most of the products being offered really adds a bad taste in general.

 

Its about "vision" and margins, as opposed to voice of the customer. 

I think they will get the message as time goes on and they compare sales numbers GYW vs. Stitchdown.  ts still in the early stages of completely changing the aesthetic of their core product lol. Im not doing any hard data crunching but i always take a look at the new releases on GYW and they rarely sell as well from my brief non- scientific observations.Brand Ambassadors carry brands to the mainstream, if you alienate your fervent followers things can get messy.

 

However, if they're popularity continues to grow and the new/regular consumer doesnt have a preference than those of us who have a strong preference and opinion on such things will just have to find a new place to spend our money or learn to love a GYW.

post #16980 of 19290
To the best of my recollection, ALL the Japanese released product shown on Instagram is Stitchdown, no matter the last.
These seem to be IG'd by the stockists, not Viberg. Maybe Japan is getting GYW and they just don't IG GYW.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots