Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions Last post on 2/28/14 at 12:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition Last post on 5/16/14 at 7:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Viberg Boots - Page 1127post #16892 of 197695/5/16 at 11:56pmpost #16893 of 197695/6/16 at 12:16am
So I addressed my brass eyelet issue.
The problem: I hate my shiny yellow brass eyelets on my natty CXL boots. Most accessories I wear are silver or stainless steel and they just don't work for me.
The solution: Sharpie
I went at all of them with a black Sharpie, but admittedly did a sloppy job and it didn't turn out very clean. I do like the brownish tinge it gives the brass though. Had I done a better job I would have been done with it.
You can see the original brass on the inside.
And a matching natty CXL belt with steel buckle just for comparison's sake.
Next up: gung ho with wire cutters and pliers removing the eyelets while I watched Dead Pool online.
The lace holes were left in pretty decent shape, with some minor impressions but unsightly Sharpie markings.
Drinking on the job.
Now, being the fashion forward free thinker I am, I opted to put digital camo paracord for laces through the empty eyelets. I can proudly say I am the first person ever in the history of Styleforum to do this on a pair of Vibergs.
Yes, I have started the Next Big Thing right here, right now.
But I wasn't feeling them so I threw the original brown waxed laces back on.
Tomorrow I'll go find some silver/gunmetal eyelets and finish up this late-night projectpost #16894 of 197695/6/16 at 4:39ampost #16895 of 197695/6/16 at 5:58am
I think it would look alot better grain side. Amazing how different it looks then the ones they did for superdenim - one looks like a Viberg rendition of an Ugg and the other looks like a boot.
Edited by NYDRH - 5/6/16 at 8:10ampost #16896 of 197695/6/16 at 2:17pmpost #16897 of 197695/6/16 at 2:19pmpost #16898 of 197695/6/16 at 2:22pmpost #16899 of 197695/6/16 at 2:36pmpost #16900 of 197695/6/16 at 2:55pmpost #16901 of 197695/6/16 at 2:59pmpost #16902 of 197695/6/16 at 6:33pmQuote:
me too! 10 months ago I own no Viberg; now I got 10 🤒🤒post #16903 of 197695/6/16 at 6:42pmpost #16904 of 197695/6/16 at 7:16pmpost #16905 of 197695/6/16 at 8:26pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 9 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 16 minutes ago
- › The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) 18 minutes ago
- › Quality shoes for under $250 23 minutes ago
- › Monk Strap Shoes - Brown or Black? 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...