Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions Last post on 2/28/14 at 12:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition Last post on 5/16/14 at 7:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Viberg Boots - Page 1127post #16892 of 192915/5/16 at 11:56pmpost #16893 of 192915/6/16 at 12:16am
So I addressed my brass eyelet issue.
The problem: I hate my shiny yellow brass eyelets on my natty CXL boots. Most accessories I wear are silver or stainless steel and they just don't work for me.
The solution: Sharpie
I went at all of them with a black Sharpie, but admittedly did a sloppy job and it didn't turn out very clean. I do like the brownish tinge it gives the brass though. Had I done a better job I would have been done with it.
You can see the original brass on the inside.
And a matching natty CXL belt with steel buckle just for comparison's sake.
Next up: gung ho with wire cutters and pliers removing the eyelets while I watched Dead Pool online.
The lace holes were left in pretty decent shape, with some minor impressions but unsightly Sharpie markings.
Drinking on the job.
Now, being the fashion forward free thinker I am, I opted to put digital camo paracord for laces through the empty eyelets. I can proudly say I am the first person ever in the history of Styleforum to do this on a pair of Vibergs.
Yes, I have started the Next Big Thing right here, right now.
But I wasn't feeling them so I threw the original brown waxed laces back on.
Tomorrow I'll go find some silver/gunmetal eyelets and finish up this late-night projectpost #16894 of 192915/6/16 at 4:39ampost #16895 of 192915/6/16 at 5:58am
I think it would look alot better grain side. Amazing how different it looks then the ones they did for superdenim - one looks like a Viberg rendition of an Ugg and the other looks like a boot.
Edited by NYDRH - 5/6/16 at 8:10ampost #16896 of 192915/6/16 at 2:17pmpost #16897 of 192915/6/16 at 2:19pmpost #16898 of 192915/6/16 at 2:22pmpost #16899 of 192915/6/16 at 2:36pmpost #16900 of 192915/6/16 at 2:55pmpost #16901 of 192915/6/16 at 2:59pmpost #16902 of 192915/6/16 at 6:33pmQuote:
me too! 10 months ago I own no Viberg; now I got 10 🤒🤒post #16903 of 192915/6/16 at 6:42pmpost #16904 of 192915/6/16 at 7:16pmpost #16905 of 192915/6/16 at 8:26pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 11 minutes ago
- › WestWorld 12 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway