or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 1112

post #16666 of 19319
I find most people size down incorrectly with Viberg and/or the 2030. I find the ball of my foot is in the right place if I go TTS and it's still very narrow in the toes even when sized right. Sizing down will likely lead to cramped toes and possibly denial about an ill fitting boot. Wish I'd known that before I bought and subsequently sold my Natty Shells.
post #16667 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

I find most people size down incorrectly with Viberg and/or the 2030. I find the ball of my foot is in the right place if I go TTS and it's still very narrow in the toes even when sized right. Sizing down will likely lead to cramped toes and possibly denial about an ill fitting boot. Wish I'd known that before I bought and subsequently sold my Natty Shells.

I definitely agree with you on the 2030 sizing. My mahogany 2030s are my tightest fitting Viberg's since shell has no stretch.

Were you the one who recently picked up the Needle's shell engineers? They look much better after the resole! Good call. How are you liking the engineers so far?
post #16668 of 19319
TTS? I know we are all different but that sounds like crazy talk to me. I wear an 11.5 US dress shoe and a 10.5 Viberg. Once I tried an 11 in the 2030 and I was swimming in it. I have damn long feet too.
post #16669 of 19319
Quick shot, first wear. Inside the heel is insanely uncomfortable on these, don't remember my other 2030 feeling this way at first
post #16670 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post


Your post reminded me that you had asked me a while ago to let you know how the hikers I have fit in comparison to a pair of 2030 service boots that was on their way to me at the time. I completely forgot and did not reply. I'm truly sorry about that. In hindsight that may have worked in your favour. I found the hikers fit just a smidge more snug width wise. There's no way I could have sized down from my 2030 size. I take the same size in both the 240 and 2030 last.

No worries man, I'm a gambler with these things which occasionally results in me taking a hit on eBay - I think you are right it worked out for the best ;)  I believe relative to the Viberg lasts Im an in between size so width to me is more important than length, the 2030 isnt great for me and the only 2030 boots I have are shell otherwise i would have gotten rid of them, and I still might.

post #16671 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

Quick shot, first wear. Inside the heel is insanely uncomfortable on these, don't remember my other 2030 feeling this way at first Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Can you give us a close up of that left toe cap?

post #16672 of 19319
All I could work up at the moment, definitely not the best clicking but I don't mind

post #16673 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

All I could work up at the moment, definitely not the best clicking but I don't mind
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Thanks man for indulging.....I will be curious to see how those look in a year.

post #16674 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviv View Post

TTS? I know we are all different but that sounds like crazy talk to me. I wear an 11.5 US dress shoe and a 10.5 Viberg. Once I tried an 11 in the 2030 and I was swimming in it. I have damn long feet too.

It depends on how you view TTS. "Viberg size" is really UK size, so TTS for me on 2030 would be correct if you factor in the conversion.
post #16675 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by gte872h View Post


It depends on how you view TTS. "Viberg size" is really UK size, so TTS for me on 2030 would be correct if you factor in the conversion.

This is factually incorrect. Viberg lasts just fit large relative to brannock.

 

From the Viberg website "... We do not prescribe to a UK sizing system"

 

https://viberg.com/pages/size-guide

 

For what it's worth I can only wear my brandy shells with dress socks, I went a half size down from TTS. 

post #16676 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestbash View Post

This is factually incorrect. Viberg lasts just fit large relative to brannock.

From the Viberg website "... We do not prescribe to a UK sizing system"

https://viberg.com/pages/size-guide

For what it's worth I can only wear my brandy shells with dress socks, I went a half size down from TTS. 

I went through this same thing with Fok a couple of months ago. I was confused about the sizing for the boondocker at Rivet and Hide. I said the same thing you are saying, but Fok set me straight.
post #16677 of 19319
post #16678 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by gte872h View Post

I definitely agree with you on the 2030 sizing. My mahogany 2030s are my tightest fitting Viberg's since shell has no stretch.

Were you the one who recently picked up the Needle's shell engineers? They look much better after the resole! Good call. How are you liking the engineers so far?

Yup, that's me. They're awesome, and the resole definitely makes it work.

As for sizing, I'm talking TTS for Brannock. I'm a 10.5E with medium socks Brannock, and a 10.5 2030, though frankly my guidi 2030s felt a bit short and if/when natty shell Vibergs come up again (maybe this month, Drew tells me) I'm going to order an 11.
post #16679 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by gte872h View Post

See the conversation here.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/512794/rivet-hide-official-affiliate-thread/15

 

"Viberg sizing corresponds nearly directly to UK sizing. I have worked with Viberg for 3+ years. They don't call it UK sizing, but that's effectively what it is."

 

I know I am being pedantic, but Viberg does not mark there boots in UK sizes, and Fok essentially confirms that. Fok is just saying that due to their lasts running large the marked sized is effectively UK relative to brannock. He is not contradicting the website. 

post #16680 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestbash View Post

"Viberg sizing corresponds nearly directly to UK sizing. I have worked with Viberg for 3+ years. They don't call it UK sizing, but that's effectively what it is."

I know I am being pedantic, but Viberg does not mark there boots in UK sizes, and Fok essentially confirms that. Fok is just saying that due to their lasts running large the marked sized is effectively UK relative to brannock. He is not contradicting the website. 

Yes. I see what you are saying. It's best to just compare "Viberg" size vs brannock.

I didn't mean to cause anyone confusion. Every pair of Vibergs I've bought didn't list the UK size besides Rivet and Hide.
Edited by gte872h - 4/16/16 at 7:25pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots