or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 111

post #1651 of 4408
agreed. 2030 is not very narrow, unless you are comparing it to some other lasts such as 110 which is very wide and feels like EE
post #1652 of 4408

Well, except that Viberg is UK sizing, a half or full size larger, so for an 8.5 Viberg to fit like an 8.5 Alden boot then it probably is pretty narrow, since the comparable size for the Viberg would really be a 7.5 or 8...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7 View Post


I think the narrowness may be a bit overstated. To add on my earlier post, I wear size 8.5D in my trubalance lasted Alden Indy boots, which I feel fit the same as my size 8.5 Viberg 2030 lasted boots.

Are you looking to do a mto, or order something from the web shop?
post #1653 of 4408
Quote:
Originally Posted by linafelt View Post

Well, except that Viberg is UK sizing, a half or full size larger, so for an 8.5 Viberg to fit like an 8.5 Alden boot then it probably is pretty narrow, since the comparable size for the Viberg would really be a 7.5 or 8...

Viberg lasts are not based on nor do they have anything to do with U.K sizing. Would you say Wolverine 1000 Mile boots are U.K. sizing? No, of course not. But most people go one size to a full size down in the 1000 Mile boots. Although recommendations may be made using UK sizing as a reference, it would be the same thing as using Alden or Red Wing shoes/boots as a reference.

So, the 2030 fits pretty much the same as the barrie and trubalance. I think it is actually closer to the barrie last bc the trubalance can be a bit more blobby. Again, bc the Viberg lasts are not based on UK sizing I don't think your logic quite follows.

Now, I will say it is narrow compared to the 110 last or some other of the more full Viberg lasts.
post #1654 of 4408
Here are some natural light shots. Still a low sun bc it is morning, but I still think it shows the beauty of the shell:











post #1655 of 4408
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7 View Post


Viberg lasts are not based on nor do they have anything to do with U.K sizing. Would you say Wolverine 1000 Mile boots are U.K. sizing? No, of course not. But most people go one size to a full size down in the 1000 Mile boots. Although recommendations may be made using UK sizing as a reference, it would be the same thing as using Alden or Red Wing shoes/boots as a reference.

So, the 2030 fits pretty much the same as the barrie and trubalance. I think it is actually closer to the barrie last bc the trubalance can be a bit more blobby. Again, bc the Viberg lasts are not based on UK sizing I don't think your logic quite follows.

Now, I will say it is narrow compared to the 110 last or some other of the more full Viberg lasts.

As far as I know, Viberg used UK-sizing in the past, and the boots still listed on the workboot.com site are sized as such (http://www.workboot.com/service-boots/viberg-155-smoke-jumper.html). This (http://www.freemanbrand.com/articles/viberg-old-oxford-two-tone-suede.html) article also mentions the use of UK-sizing.

 

I'm not sure if sizing has somehow changed, since folks are saying the 2030 last fits the same as the Trubalance last, which doesn't coincide with the UK-sizing. 

post #1656 of 4408
Anybody have vibergs and Aldens able to post a side by side pic?
post #1657 of 4408
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuiceman View Post

As far as I know, Viberg used UK-sizing in the past, and the boots still listed on the workboot.com site are sized as such (http://www.workboot.com/service-boots/viberg-155-smoke-jumper.html). This (http://www.freemanbrand.com/articles/viberg-old-oxford-two-tone-suede.html) article also mentions the use of UK-sizing.

I'm not sure if sizing has somehow changed, since folks are saying the 2030 last fits the same as the Trubalance last, which doesn't coincide with the UK-sizing. 

I won't speak for them, but I had a conversation with the guys at Viberg and was told the lasts are not made based on UK sizing. I think they reference UK sizing because a lot of their market is more familiar with UK sizing
post #1658 of 4408
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7 View Post


I won't speak for them, but I had a conversation with the guys at Viberg and was told the lasts are not made based on UK sizing. I think they reference UK sizing because a lot of their market is more familiar with UK sizing

I just checked some old emails, and I was told directly by Morgan that Viberg Boots uses UK sizing. 

post #1659 of 4408
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Anybody have vibergs and Aldens able to post a side by side pic?

I hope this helps make things more clear. Alden Color 8 Indy Boots size 8.5D on the trubalance last matched up to the Mahogany Shell Service Boots size 8.5D on the 2030 last:



post #1660 of 4408
Thanks Johnny! Any shots from above while one boot on each foot? Sorry for giving you requests but I think that it'd help more than just me.
post #1661 of 4408
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7 View Post

I hope this helps make things more clear. Alden Color 8 Indy Boots size 8.5D on the trubalance last matched up to the Mahogany Shell Service Boots size 8.5D on the 2030 last:




Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_horst View Post

Thanks Johnny! Any shots from above while one boot on each foot? Sorry for giving you requests but I think that it'd help more than just me.

Thanks! And the above shot would be great if its not too much of a hassle
post #1662 of 4408
you guys are making this much harder then it needs to be. email morgan@workboot.com. i sent him my foot tracings, he printed them out and sized me off a 2030 last. done.
post #1663 of 4408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

you guys are making this much harder then it needs to be. email morgan@workboot.com. i sent him my foot tracings, he printed them out and sized me off a 2030 last. done.

I did this and received a size for the 2030 last that was one size down from my Barrie and Trubalance size (and was told it was a UK size, as well), but now this picture makes me think that's not an accurate size for me.

post #1664 of 4408
Foot tracing doesn't accommodate for instep, girth and ankle fit area. Pictures show a bit more.

And every time I've sent in foot tracing I've gotten a huge range of sizes. Insole / outsole measurements are iffy too. Pictures have always worked
post #1665 of 4408
Yeah I'm skeptical with foot tracings as well. Sent one in and was told size 8. I' m clearly not size 8 which I have subsequently been been able to verify by trying on different size Veberg boots.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots