or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 1094

post #16396 of 19291
Quote:
Originally Posted by linafelt View Post


The 310 does come in both D and E widths -- I had a 9E briefly. But they probably won't offer any in E this round.

Thanks. Now I've a reason not to buy them.

post #16397 of 19291

Gonna be interesting to see how the 310 release sells today. Lots of folks always seem to be clambering about needing 310 makeups...my guess is they sit for longer than other makeups but time will tell

post #16398 of 19291

@LA Guy do you have access to the Chelsea? would be kind of a cool debut if we could get a GMTO in that tobacco chamois going :)

post #16399 of 19291
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

@LA Guy
 do you have access to the Chelsea? would be kind of a cool debut if we could get a GMTO in that tobacco chamois going smile.gif

Viberg informed me the Chelsea won't be available until this fall after they've debuted them at trade shows.
post #16400 of 19291
The 3 sixteen roughout today

post #16401 of 19291
In terms of the 310 for sale..as I mentioned earlier the 2045 is clunky enough for me...however if my gmto chukka was not aged bark I may have given the 310 a shot
post #16402 of 19291
The 310 was my first ever Viberg. I had the brown oil tan makeup from Iron Heart. Awesome boot. However, like Levi's old timey suspender jeans and other such things, it is really hard to make it look like something other than a costume piece. Unless you work on feet all day. They are definitely comfy. But so are clogs...
post #16403 of 19291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviv View Post

 it is really hard to make it look like something other than a costume piece. 

I completely disagree here, although I think I do understand why you might say this.  I believe it has alot to do with how you choose to wear them and your overall personal taste and style but in the end they are boots, boots with a sprung toe. All forms of clothing and shoes are more or less a costume.  It isnt the kind of boot that pairs well with skinny leg jeans (not saying that is what you wear just a further thought).  I think the captoe doesnt look as good on the 310 as a plain toe, I originally thought the opposite but I prefer my plain toe versions.  

 

At this point it is my preferred Viberg style/Last and I do wish there were more options in this last, I am not sure if I will pick these up this afternoon because I have an aged bark pair (non roughout) and  I am not feeling the captoe but at the same time these dont come around too often so I am leaning towards getting a pair.

post #16404 of 19291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

In terms of the 310 for sale..as I mentioned earlier the 2045 is clunky enough for me...however if my gmto chukka was not aged bark I may have given the 310 a shot

 

I just realized it is a roughout...interesting.

post #16405 of 19291
I rock my IHVB Brown Oil Tan regularly. My rotation is Zuriick William Black, IHVB, and Julian Bowery. At my size they are very balanced. From a comfort perspective they are my favorite Vibergs.
post #16406 of 19291
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Gonna be interesting to see how the 310 release sells today. Lots of folks always seem to be clambering about needing 310 makeups...my guess is they sit for longer than other makeups but time will tell

I want a 310 boot bad, but I already have service boots in the same color. That makes it a hard buy for me. I hate having the same color boots but in different styles.

I wish these were same spec but a different leather.
post #16407 of 19291
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDRH View Post
 

I completely disagree here, although I think I do understand why you might say this.  I believe it has alot to do with how you choose to wear them and your overall personal taste and style but in the end they are boots, boots with a sprung toe. All forms of clothing and shoes are more or less a costume.  It isnt the kind of boot that pairs well with skinny leg jeans (not saying that is what you wear just a further thought).  I think the captoe doesnt look as good on the 310 as a plain toe, I originally thought the opposite but I prefer my plain toe versions.  

 

At this point it is my preferred Viberg style/Last and I do wish there were more options in this last, I am not sure if I will pick these up this afternoon because I have an aged bark pair (non roughout) and  I am not feeling the captoe but at the same time these dont come around too often so I am leaning towards getting a pair.


I agree the only way to wear them is with straighter cut, even boxy anti-fit 50s style denim. I do like your point that everything we wear is a costume, but these are so pronounced in a way I have a hard time coming around to. Again, definitely some of the most comfortable Vibergs I have ever worn. For the record I am 6"2 and quite slim, so that certainly contributed to my dislike of how they looked on me (though I don't wear skinny jeans).

 

I think the reason I see them as a costume more than other items is because originally they would have had hard toes to protect workers. Now you're basically just appropriating that functional look for aesthetic purposes (though the sprung toe adds to comfort), since Viberg doesn't make them with an actual steel toe anymore. I guess I'm saying when I see these boots worn outside of a work context, I think "that's a bit silly." Now, to criticize myself in the same way, I also feel sort of silly about the fact I just ordered engineer boots and I don't ride a motorcycle. But there you have it, at least I know I can pull off the engineers. 

post #16408 of 19291
New on mr porter, who's in?
post #16409 of 19291
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewp75 View Post

New on mr porter, who's in?

thumbs up on the leather, thumbs down on the new price
post #16410 of 19291
I couldn't pass on the 310s. Quite a few sizes sold out within a minute or two.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots