I'm thinking of ordering a pair of Viberg off Cultizm. Will i be hit with custom fees and how long does it usually take to ship and what is there conversion rate? thanks in advance. These will be my first pair of Viberg
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions Last post on 2/28/14 at 12:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition Last post on 5/16/14 at 7:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Viberg Boots - Page 1088post #16307 of 192913/18/16 at 4:59pmQuote:
Personally, width-wise they felt ever-so-slightly narrower but I was surprised how much longer they felt in length. I'm wondering if I'd be better off ordering a half-size smaller in derbies than service boots. I'm talking about the 2030 last on both, btw.
Do you have any pics on feet of the grey calf derbies?post #16308 of 192913/18/16 at 6:01pmpost #16309 of 192913/18/16 at 6:14pmpost #16310 of 192913/18/16 at 6:22pmpost #16311 of 192913/18/16 at 9:38pmI just got my shipping slip from my Notre vibergs, I asked if they could state that the boots were manufactured in Canada or state the value as lower in the customs declaration. I ordered from the states to Canada after conversion bergs were over 900$ and got dinged 350$ on customs. So I would say your chances of avoiding customs is luck of the draw, hopefully my 110 size is the same as my 1035 and 2030, I simply cant consider sending them back for a half size down, after all is said and done you could be in over 700$ customs just for an exchange. Seems its not a good time for Canadians to be ordering Vibergs.
On another note, cant wait to pick up these beasts from the post on Sunday ooooooiiiieeee.post #16312 of 192913/18/16 at 11:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Hambergler
I just got my shipping slip from my Notre vibergs, I asked if they could state that the boots were manufactured in Canada or state the value as lower in the customs declaration. I ordered from the states to Canada after conversion bergs were over 900$ and got dinged 350$ on customs. So I would say your chances of avoiding customs is luck of the draw, hopefully my 110 size is the same as my 1035 and 2030, I simply cant consider sending them back for a half size down, after all is said and done you could be in over 700$ customs just for an exchange. Seems its not a good time for Canadians to be ordering Vibergs.
On another note, cant wait to pick up these beasts from the post on Sunday ooooooiiiieeee.
Back on page 737 of this thread there was talk that Viberg was covered by NAFTA and you should not be charged any customs. @Burzan submitted some paperwork from UPS to reclaim the custom fees he was charged but I'm not sure if he ever got refunded.post #16313 of 192913/19/16 at 12:05am
After many delays, and much wailing and gnashing of teeth, my Hoppers finally arrived...
They're going to look awesome with some wear abuse.
They got through customs (after a bit of a wait) with no charges. Thanks Fok for sending me the shipping cost, that saved me a couple of hundred dollars.post #16314 of 192913/19/16 at 10:43am
Here are some comparison pics which are very interesting to me. I had earlier mentioned I received the 14oz derbies in matte black calf, which initially did not appear to be 2030s as 14oz claimed. After taking these pics, I'm now thinking maybe they are 2030, but with subtle differences in the toe between these three pairs.
Left to Right- 2030 Service Boot- Natural CXL with toe cap- Dainite sole, rigid toe box
- 14 oz 2030? Derby- matte black calfskin- double leather sole, partially structured toe
- Rivet & Hide 2030 Boondocker- natural cxl roughout- double leather sole, unstructured toe
All three are on the same size. It appears the boondockers have some extra length, which is maybe due to the lower unstructured toe. The derbies are just a bit shorter compared to the two boots. All three appear to be the same width where to widest part of the vamp all seem to line up pretty equally. There are some very subtle differences between these pairs, which is why I included right vs. left foot comparisons. The derbies seem to have a slightly more rounded toe box, but I'm not sure if my eyes are tricking me when comparing the plain toe derby vs. the cap toe boot.post #16315 of 192913/19/16 at 12:04pm
Natural from .com. Got some heel slippage and concerned it will only get worse as the leather stretches, but worried going back down .5 size will squash my toes. Have the same issue with the 2030. I'm a classic tweener, I guess.post #16316 of 192913/19/16 at 12:08pmpost #16317 of 192913/19/16 at 12:27pmpost #16318 of 192913/19/16 at 12:43pmpost #16319 of 192913/19/16 at 1:03pmQuote:I hope you can find a pair of waxed flesh as your first(or second) as I think that leather is the coolest.
I've got 5 pairs of Vibergs and pretty much only wear my brown FW's.
Black horsehide derbies on the way. I hope to wear those often.post #16320 of 192913/19/16 at 1:11pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 25 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › (Price Drop!) ISAIA QUILTED WEATHERPROOF WOOL BLAZER/JACKET 6 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 6 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway