or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 1043

post #15631 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by metranger8694 View Post

..............
+1
post #15632 of 19319
Only relative to other Viberg lasts could the 2030 be considered "narrow" and "pointy."
post #15633 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by wms68 View Post

110 WF from Notre after a couple of weeks of wear.
Definitely my favorite boot, after wearing these I am now struggling to wear any 2030's they just dont look anywhere near as good.


Precisely

post #15634 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by wms68 View Post

110 WF from Notre after a couple of weeks of wear.
Definitely my favorite boot, after wearing these I am now struggling to wear any 2030's they just dont look anywhere near as good.


Nice boot, and it looks nice. However I wear a size 13 in my humble opinion this boot would not look good on my foot. It seems it would be as wide as the vamp is long. My point being the 2030 looks good on my foot. I have long foot, most makers I'm a 14B-14D. Just depends. Alden Barrie fits good in 13D as well as Viberg 2030 and 2045 too. I don't think the 2030 looks long and narrow but respect the opinion of those who prefer other Viberg lasts. I think the Viberg 2030 is what Barrie is to Alden. Not saying those lasts are the same both appear to be the go to lasts with most make ups. I too like to see Viberg offer different options and I like all the make ups of the SF Forum. I favor the stitch down vs. GYW on casual leathers but feel GYW is a little more appropriate in business scenarios.

Hope some good make ups come out of the GMTO this year.

Steve
post #15635 of 19319
NMWA X Viberg

post #15636 of 19319
^. Very nice johnnyrich
post #15637 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickydonk View Post
 


Precisely

I've seen several other posts here, especially after the Half Japanese round, from buyers who love the 110.  After reading the last several posts from buyers who appear to have recently discovered the 110 via the last GMTO round and the Nortre makeup I'm curious - of all of the die hard 2030 folks out here, how many own 110s.   The 2030 is a decent looking make most of the time, but I just can't figure out why Viberg would double down so hard on the 2030 to the near exclusion of everything else.

post #15638 of 19319

I own both.  I got several pairs of 2030, two pairs of 110, a 2040 and 1035.  I like them each for their own particular qualities.  However, if I were to buy another pair of anything, I'd probably want another 110 or 1035.  I'd say 2040 as well, but they just don't seem to get made.

post #15639 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOB View Post

^. Very nice johnnyrich

Thanks! I think they are very underrated. Simple, rugged, and highest quality. Can't get much better than that.
post #15640 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by billymax View Post
 

I've seen several other posts here, especially after the Half Japanese round, from buyers who love the 110.  After reading the last several posts from buyers who appear to have recently discovered the 110 via the last GMTO round and the Nortre makeup I'm curious - of all of the die hard 2030 folks out here, how many own 110s.   The 2030 is a decent looking make most of the time, but I just can't figure out why Viberg would double down so hard on the 2030 to the near exclusion of everything else.


I can't figure it out either.  If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that slim is in...today's fashion is that slim and tailored look.  I think Viberg is trying to fit in with that aesthetic and the 2030 last fits the bill.  I think they figure they have the "work boot" side covered with their workwear line.  So they don't bother all that much with the 110, 2040, 2045 and 310.  But I wear my 110's all the time with slim fit jeans and tailored shirts and jackets.  I love that look.  But I guess they feel the 2030 is more fashion forward.  I just wish they would release at least a reasonable amount in the other lasts, even if it's 50 percent 2030 and 50 percent everything else.  They are missing out on a lot of my money throwing everything they have at the 2030.  I can't imagine I'm the only one that feels this way.

post #15641 of 19319

Alden did the same thing with Barrie last after they started getting popular.  Nothing wrong with Barrie but they have other good lasts too.

post #15642 of 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by sask boot View Post
 

Alden did the same thing with Barrie last after they started getting popular.  Nothing wrong with Barrie but they have other good lasts too.


Yes, this is true.  But they have never given up on the Trubalance in the way Viberg has seemingly given up on the 110.

post #15643 of 19319
I am not looking to buy any more 2030 lasted boots, but I am open to another pair on the 110 or the 2040.
post #15644 of 19319

I have 2030 and 1035.  Would like to try the 110 after reading all the positive feedback on it here.  1035 is an easier fit for me but I do like the look of 2030.

post #15645 of 19319
The 2030 sells. I don't think it's super complicated. It's the last that they broke into the mens fashion market with.

I agree with Brett that the 110 last isn't a great fit for most feet. At least, it isn't for me... def can't walk for 5 miles in them like other lasts.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots