or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 104

post #1546 of 9351

When does the pre-order sign up close? I am going to be in Victoria this weekend and would like to visit the factory and discuss sizing and materials with them. 

post #1547 of 9351
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post


just to clarify rydenfan ... you are an 8D barrie and went for 7.5uk in 2030? i thought you said you went with your barrie size as in 8UK for 2030.

7.5UK is 8D US so by going with a 7.5UK I went with my Barrie size. I basically went .5 down from my TTS which is 8.5US. I wear a 7.5UK in the Trickers 4497 last and have enough room that I can wear a thin insole to take up the extra room so I went with the same size as that as I know the 2030 is more narrow than the 4497.

post #1548 of 9351
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlivestale View Post

When does the pre-order sign up close? I am going to be in Victoria this weekend and would like to visit the factory and discuss sizing and materials with them. 

You have 10 days as of yesterday. My goal is to send the order in at the end of August. So, you have time to visit the factory and talk about sizing. It's a good opportunity to get sizing down pat, and I would certainly take it. We'll still be here next week!
post #1549 of 9351
ok i may be just slow today but what Arizor is saying seems to be in conflict with what rydenfan is saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

My Viberg on 2040 last in size 8UK is perfect fit. I wear Alden Trubalance in size 8.5D (perfect fit). I'm TTS 9D. Thinking of ordering 8.5UK in 2030 last (standard black calf). Any thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizor View Post

Yes 8.5 is a safe bet if you're an 8 on the 2040, generally I've read that you should go up half a size for the 2030 from your 2040 size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

7.5UK is 8D US so by going with a 7.5UK I went with my Barrie size. I basically went .5 down from my TTS which is 8.5US. I wear a 7.5UK in the Trickers 4497 last and have enough room that I can wear a thin insole to take up the extra room so I went with the same size as that as I know the 2030 is more narrow than the 4497.

it seems like arizor is saying to go with the same numerical number as your alden barrie/trubalance for the 2030 last. so for steel28, he is advised to go with 8.5UK and he is an 8.5D barrie/trubalance

but rydenfan is saying he went for 7.5UK when he is and 8.5US TTS and an 8D barrie. i would think then that rydenfan would need an 8UK based on arizor's advice.

can someone please reconcile this?
post #1550 of 9351
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post

ok i may be just slow today but what Arizor is saying seems to be in conflict with what rydenfan is saying.


it seems like arizor is saying to go with the same numerical number as your alden barrie/trubalance for the 2030 last. so for steel28, he is advised to go with 8.5UK and he is an 8.5D barrie/trubalance

but rydenfan is saying he went for 7.5UK when he is and 8.5US TTS and an 8D barrie. i would think then that rydenfan would need an 8UK based on arizor's advice.

can someone please reconcile this?

I can't since I don't know anything about Alden lasts, but Rydenfan also told me that he took a 7.5 UK in the Trickers 4497 last, and that he needed an insole to make those fit. Based on this, I recommended that he go with the 7.5 in the 2030, since they are similar in length and shape, but the 2030 last is more shallow through the midfoot. Note also, please the difference in materials. My scout boots are in a really unyielding nubuck, which is often used in workboots, while my Trickers on the 4497 last are in a much softer suede. Materials can make a difference in the comfort level.

Cheers,

Fok.
post #1551 of 9351
Hey Randomkoreandude,

Go for your TTS on the Trubalance, as it is the biggest last. So a 10 in the Trubalance means I should have a 10 in the 2030 last (this sizing was just confirmed by my foot tracing being received by Viberg actually!).

If you're a 10 in the Barrie last (smaller than Trubalance), you can probably go down half a size in Viberg's 2030, as the 2030 is larger than Barrie, and around the same size as Trubalance. Hopefully that's clearer.
post #1552 of 9351
looks like i'll go same as my Barrie/trubalance size.
post #1553 of 9351

My new customs.  Second pair of Vibergs for me.

 

 

post #1554 of 9351
nixda,

Those are cool. What leather is that? Looks superficially like the Cinnamon roughout (though it is not, unless the colors are way off) that we are pre-ordering.

Cheers,

Fok.
post #1555 of 9351
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

nixda,

Those are cool. What leather is that? Looks superficially like the Cinnamon roughout (though it is not, unless the colors are way off) that we are pre-ordering.

Cheers,

Fok.

Same as the boondockers.   Natural Aniline Cromexel roughout. 

post #1556 of 9351

Oh an 2040 last.  Same as 2045 but slimmer.

post #1557 of 9351
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixda View Post

Oh an 2040 last.  Same as 2045 but slimmer.

Nice boots........They look a bit more substantial/casual than the 2030...........
post #1558 of 9351
Hell yes Nixda, gorgeous. I've got a pair of Boondockers on the way, can't wait for them to turn up.
post #1559 of 9351
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj610 View Post


Nice boots........They look a bit more substantial/casual than the 2030...........

 

They are.  More of a military type last.  less dressy.  more casual.  

post #1560 of 9351
do people take the same size in the 2045 as the 2040?
Edited by scb - 8/23/13 at 9:10am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots