or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 1030

post #15436 of 19340
If someone doesn't like how the gyw looks, that's fine. Aesthetic preference. Can anyone here point to evidence suggesting Viberg's gyw is inferior? Plenty of gyw shoes and boots cost plenty more than Viberg. I just don't get this debate. If you don't like gyw, then wait for a stitch down make up (of which there are several at places like Notre) or maybe just buy something else?

I agree that it's unfortunate certain .com offerings seem to have gone over to gyw- I don't understand why CXL standards are gyw when the argument was that the dressier leathers were tearing during stitch down. Perhaps it was just an experiment and they won't make anymore Cxl makeups until some of the gyw ones sell.
post #15437 of 19340

That's all fine and dandy. They're going to be sitting on those for a long time. Viberg is still the shit regardless. They make fantastic boots. 

post #15438 of 19340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviv View Post

 If you don't like gyw, then wait for a stitch down make up (of which there are several at places like Notre) or maybe just buy something else?
 

I think that is the point, most of us are waiting assuming that at some point it will happen and if it doesnt much the same way I stopped buying alot of Alden offerings when I found myself preferring Viberg, Ill move on to something else.

post #15439 of 19340

this may be my first gyw buy just because of this pic. The leather looks great & match the sole!
Edited by dekalog - 2/5/16 at 2:59am
post #15440 of 19340
Quote:
Originally Posted by billymax View Post

Agree.   I've always thought that the 2030 looked two narrow.   I have one pair that is fat across the waist and narrows to quickly.  The 110 is more balanced and should get much more circulation, but it is clear that Viberg won't be making it.   It's up to the handful of dwindling stocklists that still carry110s. 
Fashion trend is a cycle__ what's old becomes new again ... sometimes w/ just a slight twist, @times a whole image redo.
post #15441 of 19340

I tend to walk a lot, and it's hard to find shoes in my enormous size (14 US), so I put a lot of miles on the pairs that I have.

 

I'll wear through a sole first, and the lining, particularly in the heel. I don't think that I've ever busted the welt on a shoe. So the difference in durability between Goodyear welt and stitch down is probably more of a theoretical than practical consideration.

 

If you wear your Vibergs when out hiking, logging, or engaged in other rugged and manly pursuits then it might be a different matter. :D

 

If it's an aesthetic choice then that's fine. And if sales taper off because most buyers prefer stitch down then you can bet that Viberg would go back to that.

post #15442 of 19340
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekalog View Post


this may be my first gyw buy just because of this pic. The leather looks great & match the sole!

It is great looking leather...post lots of pics when you get them.
post #15443 of 19340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graemsay View Post

I tend to walk a lot, and it's hard to find shoes in my enormous size (14 US), so I put a lot of miles on the pairs that I have.

I'll wear through a sole first, and the lining, particularly in the heel. I don't think that I've ever busted the welt on a shoe. So the difference in durability between Goodyear welt and stitch down is probably more of a theoretical than practical consideration.

If you wear your Vibergs when out hiking, logging, or engaged in other rugged and manly pursuits then it might be a different matter. biggrin.gif

If it's an aesthetic choice then that's fine. And if sales taper off because most buyers prefer stitch down then you can bet that Viberg would go back to that.

For me it is 100% aesthetic...when they do something gyw with a cool leather that is not a 2030 and dainite soled...then I would buy it if I liked it.
post #15444 of 19340
A discussion of which construction method you prefer is fine. But be careful with all the harsh criticism of what Viberg is doing and why. I'm sure Brett reads these comments. He may take them into account when developing new product. But he may also get annoying with all the negativity surrounding his namesake company. So don't be shocked if Viberg suddenly decides to cancel the Styleforum GTMO program because he feels there's no gratitude here. Don't ruin it for everyone else with these nit-picking complaints. Just my two cents
post #15445 of 19340
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettemike View Post

A discussion of which construction method you prefer is fine. But be careful with all the harsh criticism of what Viberg is doing and why. I'm sure Brett reads these comments. He may take them into account when developing new product. But he may also get annoying with all the negativity surrounding his namesake company. So don't be shocked if Viberg suddenly decides to cancel the Styleforum GTMO program because he feels there's no gratitude here. Don't ruin it for everyone else with these nit-picking complaints. Just my two cents

 

Well if that is the case...then so be it. And I agree that may very well happen. However there are companies that would pay and do pay HUGE dollars to get the kind of feedback we are offering for free. Hell LEGO which is a brand slightly bigger than Viberg just paid my 8 year old $150 to go play with their sets and give feedback and then gave him $100 worth of LEGO sets to take home..

 

So if anything Brett owes us a free set of boots... :D

post #15446 of 19340
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettemike View Post

A discussion of which construction method you prefer is fine. But be careful with all the harsh criticism of what Viberg is doing and why. I'm sure Brett reads these comments. He may take them into account when developing new product. But he may also get annoying with all the negativity surrounding his namesake company. So don't be shocked if Viberg suddenly decides to cancel the Styleforum GTMO program because he feels there's no gratitude here. Don't ruin it for everyone else with these nit-picking complaints. Just my two cents

Vette,

 

Most of the discussion here has been what I would term constructive feedback.  The majority of us have been enthusiastic customers of the company, and what would be termed brand ambassadors.  Not all feedback and discussion could or should be pure unadulterated love for a brand, otherwise it isnt feedback and certainly not honest discussion.  I think history has proven that politicians, dictators and corporations that surround themselves with yes men, usually collapse in short order.

 

I do not know if you have noticed but the GMTO program looks tentative at best, and has nothing to do with the most recent conversation, if anything part of the conversation has come about because of lots of changes at the company. And quite frankly if a company decides to be vindictive in that manner based on comments from loyal customers, as @Kahuna75 said, so be it, that would tell me all I need to know.  To be clear I would not put those words in their mouth, and do not think they would behave that way based on comments on an internet message board.

 

This is a discussion board, and the suggestion of censorship for a GMTO sounds alot like payola, only nobody is getting paid.

post #15447 of 19340
I'm not saying this forum needs to be love fest. And I'm not trying to lump every poster into the same basket of those who seem hypercritical of Viberg. I agree that constructive criticism can be helpful to the brand. But the GTMO program is done as a courtesy to forum members. Viberg isn't making a ton of money by making a small number of custom boots for the members on this forum. I realize that the program is already in doubt. But the hyper negative comments won't help. And to suggest that Viberg somehow owes you anything is profoundly arrogant. You should be grateful there is a company like this that is so responsive to its loyal customers
post #15448 of 19340
i think the big kahuna's comments were made in jest and not out of arrogance. don't take it so seriously. we are talking about boots.
post #15449 of 19340
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettemike View Post

I'm not saying this forum needs to be love fest. And I'm not trying to lump every poster into the same basket of those who seem hypercritical of Viberg. I agree that constructive criticism can be helpful to the brand. But the GTMO program is done as a courtesy to forum members. Viberg isn't making a ton of money by making a small number of custom boots for the members on this forum. I realize that the program is already in doubt. But the hyper negative comments won't help. And to suggest that Viberg somehow owes you anything is profoundly arrogant. You should be grateful there is a company like this that is so responsive to its loyal customers

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post

i think the big kahuna's comments were made in jest and not out of arrogance. don't take it so seriously. we are talking about boots.

 

Yes it was in jest...I thought clearly...and @vettemike when Viberg cures heart disease and cancer then I will be "grateful", as of now the fact that I spend between $800-$1200 for  their boots says enough....But hey maybe they will go all Elon Musk and start cancelling orders for $135K cars cause a blogger was mean. We all love Berg's here...I think that much is clear.

post #15450 of 19340
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettemike View Post

I'm not saying this forum needs to be love fest. And I'm not trying to lump every poster into the same basket of those who seem hypercritical of Viberg. I agree that constructive criticism can be helpful to the brand. But the GTMO program is done as a courtesy to forum members. Viberg isn't making a ton of money by making a small number of custom boots for the members on this forum. I realize that the program is already in doubt. But the hyper negative comments won't help. And to suggest that Viberg somehow owes you anything is profoundly arrogant. You should be grateful there is a company like this that is so responsive to its loyal customers

I disagree with your statement above, the company is strategically releasing MTO's with most of their resale stores to keep those make up combinations of last, uppers and sole unique but more important to keep people engaged with their brand and eager to jump at an MTO and pay $800 for CXL on any of its variations. The reality is that CXL is not an expensive leather and there is no shortage of it. Allen Edmonds uses CXL and their shoes hover around $300 and they make profits, granted not the same quality but $500 dollars better HUMM????. My point here is with the stitch down construction they have a desired (fan based) product and an even better business strategy but if they steer away from that, who knows? Also, they are not the only folks who use the stitch down process best example is Truman Boots Co., same leathers stitch down process at around $500.   

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots