or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 1027

post #15391 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekalog View Post




don't know why icy mocha is stitchdown but mocha vintage is flat welt
Probably an aesthetic choice.  I don't know how many of you guys have met or spoken with Brett Viberg, but he has a very strong vision of how he wants specific products to look.  I don't know his exact title, but he is the de facto Creative Director for Viberg,

The more I see the 2030 boots with flat welt the more I think it is a bad choice...and I am including my shell boot...there is something not quite right with the shape from mid boot to the toe....it appears too wide then going narrow to fast...something not seen in the stitchdown 2030....it also creates a different look on the top of the front of the boot.

Clearly it is me just nitpicking but compared to the 2030 stitchdown which I love and have 3 models in...the flat welt looks like the pattern needs to be adjusted for it.

Don't mean to start the whole gyw thing again just an observation with the flat welt
post #15392 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mountain View Post
 

^ It appears as well that when the leather is lined, as with the Mocha Vintage, that Viberg tend to use flat welt. 


I have also noticed this general rule. An exception would be my brown waxed flesh 2040 Country Derby which remains to be stichdown.

post #15393 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

The more I see the 2030 boots with flat welt the more I think it is a bad choice...and I am including my shell boot...there is something not quite right with the shape from mid boot to the toe....it appears too wide then going narrow to fast...something not seen in the stitchdown 2030....it also creates a different look on the top of the front of the boot.

Clearly it is me just nitpicking but compared to the 2030 stitchdown which I love and have 3 models in...the flat welt looks like the pattern needs to be adjusted for it.

Don't mean to start the whole gyw thing again just an observation with the flat welt

Thank you for saying it. I'm sure many in this thread have yet to purchase GYW Vibergs, it is good to have an idea what to be prepared for when we do purchase.
I have not seen many top-down, or in the wild pics to use as a comparison. Most pics I've seen that are not stitchdown models have been staged with angle, lighting, and background.
post #15394 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootThePier View Post


Thank you for saying it. I'm sure many in this thread have yet to purchase GYW Vibergs, it is good to have an idea what to be prepared for when we do purchase.
I have not seen many top-down, or in the wild pics to use as a comparison. Most pics I've seen that are not stitchdown models have been staged with angle, lighting, and background.


I have both GYW and stitchdown.  The two GYW I have are both with a flat welt, which looks great in my opinion.  Some of the earlier GYW with reverse welt didn't quite look as clean.  That being said I thought the storm welt looked great on the country derby tobacco chamois released a bit earlier. 

Just received my 2030 boondockers from R&H earlier today.  Once again everything was on point! 

post #15395 of 19290

Fit question on the 2030 last..

 

Just received my scout boots. I had tried on a VIberg 8 before, but found it too tight for my pinkie toe. Trying an 8.5 now, and width-wise it's fine and the boot doesn't slip too much. However, there's an entire thumb's worth of space at the front portion. Is this normal for most people? I do have slightly wide feet (mainly due to my toes wanting to spread out).

 

Thanks!

post #15396 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by gte872h View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootThePier View Post

Thank you for saying it. I'm sure many in this thread have yet to purchase GYW Vibergs, it is good to have an idea what to be prepared for when we do purchase.

I have not seen many top-down, or in the wild pics to use as a comparison. Most pics I've seen that are not stitchdown models have been staged with angle, lighting, and background.


I have both GYW and stitchdown.  The two GYW I have are both with a flat welt, which looks great in my opinion.  Some of the earlier GYW with reverse welt didn't quite look as clean.  That being said I thought the storm welt looked great on the country derby tobacco chamois released a bit earlier. 


Just received my 2030 boondockers from R&H earlier today.  Once again everything was on point! 

Glad to hear it and I was not being critical at all of the craftsmanship...their flat welt is as good as I have seen.

You don't find any difference in the look of your uppers or fit?
post #15397 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistersparkle View Post

Fit question on the 2030 last..

Just received my scout boots. I had tried on a VIberg 8 before, but found it too tight for my pinkie toe. Trying an 8.5 now, and width-wise it's fine and the boot doesn't slip too much. However, there's an entire thumb's worth of space at the front portion. Is this normal for most people? I do have slightly wide feet (mainly due to my toes wanting to spread out).

It's normal and your toes should have room to spread out. Unless you are into foot binding.
post #15398 of 19290
Just got my mahogany shell, a bit delay but better than never 😄. VB troops were amazing supports especially Drew, great guy!

Still 2 days of breaking in and start to see creases and patina which I hope it will turn nicely with age.

BC7BCC88-887C-4626-B06C-5D8C83C99AEE_zpsacwvots3.jpg
post #15399 of 19290
Anybody else find this odd?

From Brett Viberg IG:


jakemahWhat happened to all of your other posts?
brett_viberg@jakemah gone. They only need to be up for a few days , then they are old news.

All old IG pics and conversations gone. Sorta defeats the purpose. Follow me before I delete?
Oh well, to each their own.
post #15400 of 19290

^ Ahh the temperament of an artist! Yeah it's annoying when companies do that because there were probably some sweet makes that are now lost (save for those ubiquitous Pintrest reposts without any attribution or information).

post #15401 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post
Originally Posted by mistersparkle View Post
 

Fit question on the 2030 last..

 

Just received my scout boots. I had tried on a VIberg 8 before, but found it too tight for my pinkie toe. Trying an 8.5 now, and width-wise it's fine and the boot doesn't slip too much. However, there's an entire thumb's worth of space at the front portion. Is this normal for most people? I do have slightly wide feet (mainly due to my toes wanting to spread out).

 

Thanks!

 

It's normal and your toes should have room to spread out. Unless you are into foot binding.

 

Thanks. Feeling this boot might be slightly too big. :uhoh:

 

I'll try it with an insole for a bit, but kind feeling like the 2030 last doesn't fit my odd feet well. I'll probably resign to wearing Vibram Five-Fingers...

post #15402 of 19290
Sorry can someone possibly explain what people mean when they refer to the new mocha 2030 having a "flat welt"?
post #15403 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post


The more I see the 2030 boots with flat welt the more I think it is a bad choice...and I am including my shell boot...there is something not quite right with the shape from mid boot to the toe....it appears too wide then going narrow to fast...something not seen in the stitchdown 2030....it also creates a different look on the top of the front of the boot.

Clearly it is me just nitpicking but compared to the 2030 stitchdown which I love and have 3 models in...the flat welt looks like the pattern needs to be adjusted for it.

Don't mean to start the whole gyw thing again just an observation with the flat welt

 

Agreed on this, however I guess it is down to personal preference, as I also think partially structured 2030 stitchdown with no toe cap do not look particularly well balanced (on larger sizes of 10+), they just look to long in the toe area for me, especially on a shiny leather where the structured toe insert line is evident, this is masked somewhat on a roughout.

 

My general preference would be stitchdown 110, if not 2030 stitchdown with toe cap and partially structured (this seems to noticably widen the toe area and the cap breaks up the boot), or unstructured 2030 like the Boondocker, but even then I think these look too narrow in the toe for my liking especially after wearing 110's.

post #15404 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootThePier View Post

Anybody else find this odd?

From Brett Viberg IG:


jakemahWhat happened to all of your other posts?
brett_viberg@jakemah gone. They only need to be up for a few days , then they are old news.

All old IG pics and conversations gone. Sorta defeats the purpose. Follow me before I delete?
Oh well, to each their own.

 

May as well just switch to Snapchat only if that's how he feels.

post #15405 of 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeka View Post

Just got my mahogany shell, a bit delay but better than never 😄. VB troops were amazing supports especially Drew, great guy!

Still 2 days of breaking in and start to see creases and patina which I hope it will turn nicely with age.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
BC7BCC88-887C-4626-B06C-5D8C83C99AEE_zpsacwvots3.jpg

 

 

Congrats and enjoy!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots