I do not. I only have 2030 and fit in the 8 comfortably. For reference, I am a sz 9 brannock. Is the 2040 a bit roomier?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions Last post on 2/28/14 at 12:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition Last post on 5/16/14 at 7:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Viberg Boots - Page 1022post #15316 of 195901/27/16 at 10:15pmpost #15317 of 195901/27/16 at 10:23pmpost #15318 of 195901/27/16 at 11:47pmpost #15319 of 195901/28/16 at 12:08pmpost #15320 of 195901/28/16 at 12:18pmpost #15321 of 195901/28/16 at 12:21pmQuote:I wear a 9.5 in 2030 and 1035. I bought a 9.5 in the black 3sixteen roughouts and had to get rid of them. Idk why but they were tight as hell across the instep compared to my other vibergsOriginally Posted by Lt Dongle
I'm looking at getting the 3sixtten Mini Ripple in black. I normally wear 8 in the 2030 and it fits comfortably, but all they have is a 7.5 but in a 2040. Anybody have any experience with the 2040? Would I survive downsizing to a 7.5? Better yet...anyone selling an 8??post #15322 of 195901/28/16 at 1:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by ATLVol
Well...after trying 2 other models and returning them.....I think I have found my 1st pair of Vibergs.
The aged bark roughout looks and feels amazing......I really like the color and texture of this leather.
Cultizm was great to deal with.....15% discount and no additional fees upon delivery!
After trying both boots on, I am afraid that the fit on these might not work.
If anyone is interested in them at my cost (15% discount) please send a PM.
They are size 11d.
Otherwise, I will likely be sending them back soon.post #15323 of 195901/28/16 at 1:09pmQuote:
Were they too big? I'm selling a pair of Notre natty cxl right now in 10.5....post #15324 of 195901/28/16 at 5:31pmQuote:
As an additional point of reference, I'm a 9.5D/9E (L/R) on the brannock and my 2040 WF derby boots are a size 9. They fit very comfortably with medium-weight socks. I had some size 8.5 2030 service boots that I sold because they were too tight across the toebox for my 9.5 foot. I feel like the 2040 is slightly narrower thru the heel and waist, compared to the 2030.
If you have low-volume or narrow feet, I bet an 8 would be ok. If you have wide/high-volume feet, an 8.5 might be more comfortable.post #15325 of 195901/28/16 at 7:21pmpost #15326 of 195901/28/16 at 7:23pmpost #15327 of 195901/28/16 at 9:15pmpost #15328 of 195901/28/16 at 9:19pmQuote:
Yeah, I just bought the 110 Red Dog Roughout scouts from The Bureau Belfast, and I love them. Definitely will be holding onto them forever. I wish there were more 110 scouts out there nowadays. I'd be happy to just have nothing but them.post #15329 of 195901/28/16 at 10:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by NYDRH
Im always hesitant to give sizing advice given the multitude of variables, including personal preference, relative comfort, shape of foot etc. I personally could not take the 2040 or any Viberg I own 1/2 size down from Truebalance. Of the Truebalance pairs I have, I wear dress socks and with Vibergs only on the 2030. If your Alden Truebalance boots are shell, keep in mind shell is almost always looser than the non shell equivalent.
Id prefer to have a little extra room in the front and adjust with a sock rather than risk tightness in the vamp, I have not gotten heel slip in any of the Viberg boots I own. I'm a believer in toe space I dont ever want to feel the front of a boot with my toes, I care more about arch length and width then I do length (relatively speaking). And while there is some "break in" for everything, I don't subscribe to the buy it tight so it will break in to your feet approach, I think they should feel pretty comfortable out of the box. Alot of posts I have read would put me in the minority there, I believe. Every new boot will loosen a bit after the first couple of wears or if you stick some decent shoe tress in over night so your first try on will definitely be the most snug but if it is legitimately uncomfortable to any degree Id be concerned.
Different patterns can also make some boots/shoes feel different even if lasted on the same size and shape. I have never owned or tried on the country derby pattern so I really couldnt give an opinion based on experience. For instance, I find the low toe profile of the 2030 to be less than ideal for my foot, it is my least favorite last but the only cordovan boots available and I have not even tried to get another pair on the last few shell releases: 1) I gave up on trying to click fast enough;2) the 2030 and 3) I dont care for the GYW offerings.
*Side note would be 1/2 size is roughly 3/16 of an inch in length and there is variability within that basic rule of thumb. I have pairs on the same last that are marked the same size and they arent the same internal length, yes internal. In an ideal world you would be able to try on multiple pairs +/- half and decide what felt better in that moment. I have definitely bought different sizes in the same last from the same manufacturer because it is not as uniform as we would like to think.
Basically that is a long way of saying I have no idea. Hope that was of some use.
Thanks for the detailed reply, makes sense. I think they're going to be too tight and the 10 has now gone so I'll wait for next time.
These will be going back to Viberg unless anyone here wants them, they're also sold out in this size - I'll do them $700 plus shipping.post #15330 of 195901/28/16 at 11:43pm
Just bought my 2nd pair -- black waxed flesh service boot from Notre w/ partially structured toe.
They seem to be significantly longer than my SF GMTO Natty Chromexcel service boot with an unstructured toe
Does the partially structured toe make that much of a difference?
Is it also because they are brand new and the unstructured are significantly worn in.
Either way, I don't mind the more elongated look of the new boots.
Curious if anyone has had the same experience.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › The Rise and Rise of Donald J Trump 15 seconds ago
- › VASS Balmoral Boots, F Last, Black Calf, Size 44 EU, Shoe Trees,... 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 18 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...