or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 1021

post #15301 of 19288


Oldy but a good one nonetheless
post #15302 of 19288

Well...after trying 2 other models and returning them.....I think I have found my 1st pair of Vibergs.

 

The aged bark roughout looks and feels amazing......I really like the color and texture of this leather.

 

Cultizm was great to deal with.....15% discount and no additional fees upon delivery!

 

post #15303 of 19288
post #15304 of 19288
Hmm, they're a little late to the high-end sneaker game. Wonder if they could compete?
post #15305 of 19288

I'm looking at getting the 3sixtten Mini Ripple in black. I normally wear 8 in the 2030 and it fits comfortably, but all they have is a 7.5 but in a 2040. Anybody have any experience with the 2040? Would I survive downsizing to a 7.5? Better yet...anyone selling an 8?? :)

post #15306 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dongle View Post
 

I'm looking at getting the 3sixtten Mini Ripple in black. I normally wear 8 in the 2030 and it fits comfortably, but all they have is a 7.5 but in a 2040. Anybody have any experience with the 2040? Would I survive downsizing to a 7.5? Better yet...anyone selling an 8?? :)

I wouldnt do it if I were you, but so much of it has to do with the shape of your foot and relative fit.  I have found that the roughout models are often tighter for some reason, not sure if it is coincidence or my mind, and that particular model the vamp is tighter than other pairs I have, although I think that is my only 2040. Ill PM you.

post #15307 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dongle View Post
 

I'm looking at getting the 3sixtten Mini Ripple in black. I normally wear 8 in the 2030 and it fits comfortably, but all they have is a 7.5 but in a 2040. Anybody have any experience with the 2040? Would I survive downsizing to a 7.5? Better yet...anyone selling an 8?? :)

I echo NYDRH's advice and say I wouldn't do it.  I find the 2040 fits better in the same size.

post #15308 of 19288

Anyone have any interest in a size 10.5 Brown Waxed Flesh on Commando on 110 last? Brand new, never worn, never even laced. Bought it with another pair and was going to return whichever fit worse (two different lasts), ended up being messaged by someone that wanted them and so I didn't return them, missed the return period, and then they backed out due to financial reasons, so now I'm stuck with them. Figured I'd see if there's any interest on here before throwing them up for sale elsewhere.

post #15309 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole87 View Post

Anyone have any interest in a size 10.5 Brown Waxed Flesh on Commando on 110 last? Brand new, never worn, never even laced. Bought it with another pair and was going to return whichever fit worse (two different lasts), ended up being messaged by someone that wanted them and so I didn't return them, missed the return period, and then they backed out due to financial reasons, so now I'm stuck with them. Figured I'd see if there's any interest on here before throwing them up for sale elsewhere.

You get them from Notre? I think you can contact notre and still get a refund or exchange. They're good people over there. Could be best to try that first
post #15310 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb123 View Post


You get them from Notre? I think you can contact notre and still get a refund or exchange. They're good people over there. Could be best to try that first

Yeah, I did. And I know Notre are good peoples, which is why I didn't want to inconvenience them from my own issue, but I guess I'll e-mail them and explain the situation and see if they're willing to, while also letting them know I completely understand if they can't or won't.

post #15311 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dongle View Post

I'm looking at getting the 3sixtten Mini Ripple in black. I normally wear 8 in the 2030 and it fits comfortably, but all they have is a 7.5 but in a 2040. Anybody have any experience with the 2040? Would I survive downsizing to a 7.5? Better yet...anyone selling an 8?? smile.gif

Imprecise and non scientific, but a comparison as best I can think of at the moment. They are both the same size. Bear in mind subtle differences and leather choice, and no the black one's have yet to make it out of the house/apt.


2040 Vs. 2030

They are an awesome makeup, 3sixteen has an eye for cool . The black ones didn't sell as fast as the tan but I think they're the best wink.gif and put me on to buying way too many black boots.
post #15312 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dongle View Post
 

I'm looking at getting the 3sixtten Mini Ripple in black. I normally wear 8 in the 2030 and it fits comfortably, but all they have is a 7.5 but in a 2040. Anybody have any experience with the 2040? Would I survive downsizing to a 7.5? Better yet...anyone selling an 8?? :)


Do you have any experience with other lasts?  For the most part I need to size up for 2030, and wear an 8 in that last.  Every other last I wear a 7.5 comfortably.  

post #15313 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDRH View Post

Imprecise and non scientific, but a comparison as best I can think of at the moment. They are both the same size. Bear in mind subtle differences and leather choice, and no the black one's have yet to make it out of the house/apt.


2040 Vs. 2030

They are an awesome makeup, 3sixteen has an eye for cool . The black ones didn't sell as fast as the tan but I think they're the best wink.gif and put me on to buying way too many black boots.

What size did you get in the 2040 vs your Alden?

Just got the Waxed Flesh Country Derby from Viberg in 9.5 and my Alden Trubalance is 10D so figured it would be ok. They feel a bit snug scross foot so wondering if that would give ok - anyone have any thoughts?
post #15314 of 19288

In my experience, Viberg leather does not have a tremendous amount of give, owing to its thickness relative to that used by other bootmakers like Alden. I own service boots on the 2045 and 2030, both in CXL which is normally very pliant, and did not get a great deal of stretch at points of pressure. I take the same size in Trubalance as my Vibergs.

post #15315 of 19288
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonV View Post


What size did you get in the 2040 vs your Alden?

Just got the Waxed Flesh Country Derby from Viberg in 9.5 and my Alden Trubalance is 10D so figured it would be ok. They feel a bit snug scross foot so wondering if that would give ok - anyone have any thoughts?

Im always hesitant to give sizing advice given the multitude of variables, including personal preference, relative comfort, shape of foot etc. I personally could not take the 2040 or any Viberg I own 1/2 size down from Truebalance. Of the Truebalance pairs I have, I wear dress socks and with Vibergs only on the 2030. If your Alden Truebalance boots are shell, keep in mind shell is almost always looser than the non shell equivalent.

 

Id prefer to have a little extra room in the front and adjust with a sock rather than risk tightness in the vamp, I have not gotten heel slip in any of the Viberg boots I own.  I'm a believer in toe space I dont ever want to feel the front of a boot with my toes, I care more about arch length and width then I do length (relatively speaking). And while there is some "break in" for everything, I don't subscribe to the buy it tight so it will break in to your feet approach, I think they should feel pretty comfortable out of the box.  Alot of posts I have read would put me in the minority there, I believe. Every new boot will loosen a bit after the first couple of wears or if you stick some decent shoe tress in over night so your first try on will definitely be the most snug but if it is legitimately uncomfortable to any degree Id be concerned.

 

Different patterns can also make some boots/shoes feel different even if lasted on the same size and shape.  I have never owned or tried on the country derby pattern so I really couldnt give an opinion based on experience. For instance, I find the low toe profile of the 2030 to be less than ideal for my foot, it is my least favorite last but the only cordovan boots available and I have not even tried to get another pair on the last few shell releases: 1) I gave up on trying to click fast enough;2) the 2030 and 3) I dont care for the GYW offerings.

 

*Side note would be 1/2 size is roughly 3/16 of an inch in length and there is variability within that basic rule of thumb. I have pairs on the same last that are marked the same size and they arent the same internal length, yes internal.  In an ideal world you would be able to try on multiple pairs +/- half and decide what felt better in that moment.  I have definitely bought different sizes in the same last from the same manufacturer because it is not as uniform as we would like to think.

 

Basically that is a long way of saying I have no idea. Hope that was of some use.


Edited by NYDRH - 1/27/16 at 9:54pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots