or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 1016

post #15226 of 19302
Holy heck! The 110 last is 3E ?!? I don't see how the GMTO aged bark chukkas are going to fit me then.

I really wish we could get the same type of pictures for the rest of their lasts.

I like the look of the 2040. It looks like it's actually made for feet, though that last says 2E while the viberg site says single E.
post #15227 of 19302
In my experience, the 110 barely feels like an E-width last. I suspect most people could get by with the same size in the 110 and 2030 lasts. Most who benefit from sizing down 1/2-size for the 110 last have narrow feet. For reference: I'm an 8E brannock, 7.5 2030, and I can wear at 7 in 110 but would've preferred (shorter break-in) a 7.5. I take most athletic shoes in 8.5 and wear a 7.5 in the Lofgren engineers.
post #15228 of 19302
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgleason View Post

Holy heck! The 110 last is 3E ?!? I don't see how the GMTO aged bark chukkas are going to fit me then.

I really wish we could get the same type of pictures for the rest of their lasts.

I like the look of the 2040. It looks like it's actually made for feet, though that last says 2E while the viberg site says single E.

Even though it's listed as EEE, it doesn't feel like EEE. I wear 2030s in 8.5 and I sized down to an 8 for the 110, and it feels quite snug. I should size the same across all lasts.

post #15229 of 19302
Width in the toebox is most forgiving. Keep in mind that going from "D" to "EEE" is only a quarter inch or so. That's a lot of room in the shoe world, but might not be as dramatic as you think.
post #15230 of 19302
Quote:
Originally Posted by J One View Post

Decisions, decisions, decisions.....

I need some help to make a decision here I am between pre-ordering Lost & Found Natty CXL or Notre's 2045 Icy Mocha, which one will you go for??


Lost & Found 2030 Natty CXL Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Viberg-lost-and-found-Natural-Chromexcel-Service-Boot.JPG?v=1429467750

Notre 2045 Icy Mocha Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
NOTRE-CHICAGO-VIBERG-X-NOTRE-COFFEE-PACK-SERVICE-BOOT-ICEY-MOCHA-CXL-7856_grande.jpg?v=1449793187

Both are good. The 2045 is much more of a traditional chunky boot last, while 2030 is more sleek and narrow with a low volume vamp. It really depends on your style and what you're looking for.

The lasts fit very differently as well. Do you have experience with either?
post #15231 of 19302
'Thought 2030, 1035, & 2040 are E :: 2045 & 310= EE !?!?
post #15232 of 19302
Mohagany out today

post #15233 of 19302
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post

'Thought 2030, 1035, & 2040 are E :: 2045 & 310= EE !?!?

 

Viberg makes the 310 in either D or in E widths. In my experience it's not a particularly wide boot.  Seems about normal, maybe slightly narrow actually.

 

But this points up the oddity to me of even talking about particular lasts corresponding to particular widths.  I always just figure that the basic version of the last is its D width, and then if there are narrower or wider versions they get labeled C or E, etc.  So, you can have lasts that are more narrow vs more wide, more shallow vs more volume, narrow heel vs wide heel, etc,  but the basic one is always D.  The 110 is a wide last because it's a wide last, not because it corresponds to some objective measurement of widths.

 

Red Wing's Iron Ranger to me is a long and very narrow last, but it's basic model is still a D, and it's so-called EE is about as wide as my old Chippewa's in their D version, but it's still a EE for IR's.  And White's Semi-Dress last has any number of versions from something like BBB to FF; you wouldn't identify the Semi-Dress as any particular width.  It just happens that Viberg doesn't have a wide range of widths for each last, so we've gotten into the habit of giving them widths, but we can easily imagine them making a EE version of the 2030, or a C version of the 110, etc. As far as I know, the only Viberg last that does have more than one width is the 310 (though I may be wrong about that, there may be others), but any of the lasts could.

post #15234 of 19302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical View Post

Even though it's listed as EEE, it doesn't feel like EEE. I wear 2030s in 8.5 and I sized down to an 8 for the 110, and it feels quite snug. I should size the same across all lasts.


There's no way the 110 is a EEE. I have mostly 110s and they feel the same as the 1035 and the 2045. The 2040 is s little more snug and the 2030 is even more so. I have at least one pair of VBs on every last except the 310 and I wear the same size on all of them. The style also makes a difference, i.e. Bobcats on the 110 feel bigger than Oxford 110s.
I wear thinner socks with my lone 2030s, but that's it.
post #15235 of 19302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

Mohagany out today


Tell me where you got these laces. I like them. I think I recall you saying they were in your old lace pile, so I understand if you don't remember.
post #15236 of 19302

PSA......15% discount code at Cultizm.....CNY15

post #15237 of 19302
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgleason View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

Mohagany out today
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Tell me where you got these laces. I like them. I think I recall you saying they were in your old lace pile, so I understand if you don't remember.

 

I bought these from TZ laces - originally I ordered through Amazon - then ordered from TZ  laces directly at the time they had these 3mm laces besides the regular 5mm laces...I was thrilled as I knew these would work with smaller eyelets...of course it turns out they had them by mistake and not part of the regular line so I ordered all the colors I could. You can check the site http://www.tzlaces.com/ and see what they have - I have the 5mm also and they are nice. If I have an extra pair of these I will let you know as they sent me a ton of free stuff with my order.

 

Edit- Seems they still have some choices available - under flat laces - 3mm

post #15238 of 19302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgleason View Post

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

Mohagany out today

  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Tell me where you got these laces. I like them. I think I recall you saying they were in your old lace pile, so I understand if you don't remember.

I bought these from TZ laces - originally I ordered through Amazon - then ordered from TZ  laces directly at the time they had these 3mm laces besides the regular 5mm laces...I was thrilled as I knew these would work with smaller eyelets...of course it turns out they had them by mistake and not part of the regular line so I ordered all the colors I could. You can check the site http://www.tzlaces.com/ and see what they have - I have the 5mm also and they are nice. If I have an extra pair of these I will let you know as they sent me a ton of free stuff with my order.

Edit- Seems they still have some choices available - under flat laces - 3mm

Excellent. I'll measure the laces I want to replace and put in an order.
post #15239 of 19302
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgleason View Post


Tell me where you got these laces. I like them. I think I recall you saying they were in your old lace pile, so I understand if you don't remember.

Nice color

post #15240 of 19302
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapehead View Post

Can we talk brown viberg service boots?

Natural cxl, brown cxl, icy mocha, chromepak, ebony latigo...

For someone wanting to buy their first pair of "brown" viberg boots, is there an easy answer to this question? What are the differences and advantages of the different leathers?

Really grateful for all opinions.

Any other opinions on the different brown leathers?

Particularly interested in people's opinions on the brown cxl. Do people think it's a bit boring compared to other leathers?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots