or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 101

post #1501 of 4426

Wow, what are the specs for these, if you don't mind?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqblackbook View Post


2045 - Below!



post #1502 of 4426
2045
One has 7 and the other 10 eyelets
One gold colored and other brass
Perforated Cap Toe
Dainite Sole
Upper Banded connected to Tongue
This boot would look great in any Chromexcel or Calf.
I would get this boot in one of the more expensive leathers, but it would look great in any leather.

The dark boot has black stitching on the sole

The lighter boot has white stitching on the sole

These are samples from a long time ago when shells were available. They just did this exact boot in French Calf. It's on their blog and it looks incredible.

My friend has these in regular calf and Chromexcel. I'll try to grab some pics for you guys. These boots have been worn many times.

Just to give you an idea of what the darker /045 would look like in a 2030 below is the 2030 in the same leather/style/eyelets/sole without the upper band. This boot has a soft leather bellows tongue.



You can see how restrictive it is in width and height of the toe.
post #1503 of 4426
2045



2030

post #1504 of 4426
I personally think that either one of these boots would look great on the 110 last, or perhaps on the 2040 last, if someone wants a more "dressy" look. fwiw, the toebox of the 110 last looks a lot like the Trickers 4497 last that is used on stock Stows, and the sizing is similar.
post #1505 of 4426
Hey everyone,

Sorry i haven't chimed in for so long. I've been on the road a lot and then was having trouble with my SF account. Anyways, just so everyone is aware this whole Styleforum group buy thing is really Fok's project. He'll be your point of contact for anything related to it and i'll be in close contact with him directly. We've been talking a lot over the last couple of weeks and i think this project will be a great opportunity for people to have a direct influence on product being made and also a venue to experiment with some things on a smaller scale, like say a distressed boot for example. You guys should be aware that Fok is going well out of his way to make this whole thing work and will be devoting a ton of his own time to it. It really wouldn't be happening without him.

As for the sizing thing, no last is going to be the perfect last for everyone. I have a regular width foot (no problem with buying shoes "off the rack") and the 2030 is fine for me. Andrew from 3sixteen has a relatively wide foot if i remember correctly and wears the 2030 daily with no issues. I sold over 100 pairs of the 4H Service Boot all on the 2030 and less than half a dozen people reported having any serious issues with the width. Keep in mind the 4H boot is made with one of our particularly unforgiving work boot leathers (cordovan would have the same stiffness issue). The same boot in CXL for example would be much easier to wear for a variety of foot shapes. We only have one version of the 2030 and it's an E width as marked by the last manufacturers. I also have a pair of boots on the 110 last and find them really comfortable and overall a more casual looking shoe. The issue with the 110 is that it doesn't have much shape through the waist. The 2040 and the 2045 have more of a Munson shape to them and are a little nicer than the 110 in that regard. They both also have considerably more depth in the toebox than the 2030 which is the real issue most people have with wearing it. I know i promised a size guide a while back but it will be coming soon. I think seeing good pictures of the lasts (particularly the base plates) will give everyone a better idea of what's what. We're also working on a couple of new shapes that are still in development.
post #1506 of 4426

Here's some pics of my Viberg 1940 service boots made for manufactum (black shell cordovan):

 

 

 

 

post #1507 of 4426
Gorgeous, could you post the specs?
post #1508 of 4426
Cross post from the VibergxSF MTO thread:

BTW, here are my boots being polished. irl, the boots have a little more brown in the grey than is shown in the picture, but the nature of the leather is such that it's nearly impossible to capture 100%. This is reasonably close though. Much better than I could do. They came laced up with waxed cotton "bone" laces. You can see how this is a "sneaker boot", I hope. It's not unlike the Visvim Virgil, but with a more sneaker/moonboot feel to it. So good.

post #1509 of 4426
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Cross post from the VibergxSF MTO thread:

BTW, here are my boots being polished. irl, the boots have a little more brown in the grey than is shown in the picture, but the nature of the leather is such that it's nearly impossible to capture 100%. This is reasonably close though. Much better than I could do. They came laced up with waxed cotton "bone" laces. You can see how this is a "sneaker boot", I hope. It's not unlike the Visvim Virgil, but with a more sneaker/moonboot feel to it. So good.

They look great. I like their casual look so much. Was it a bad idea to go with black Vibram 2021 soles instead? 

post #1510 of 4426
Mocha Oil Tan Roughout Service Boot

This is the 5th time I've worn them and I took this pic after spending hours clearing brush and invasive plants during a company outing. On the boat a co-worker said "your boots are beautiful, you're going to ruin them!" on the ride back another said "they look awesome and like nothing happened to them"

Can't believe how well built and comfortable Vibergs are.

post #1511 of 4426
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasteurisation View Post

They look great. I like their casual look so much. Was it a bad idea to go with black Vibram 2021 soles instead? 

With a black sole, they would have looked completely different. It would have been a high contrast look, as opposed to the tonal look. It's a matter of taste. Some people prefer the look of the stark black and white Ann Demeulemeester kicks. I liked the dusty rose ones from this summer, with a thin beige sole, or the gradient ones. These boots could have gone either way. They went the way they did because of my personal taste - and these boots are highly idiosyncratic. I have a closetful of sneakers in varying grey tones with white soles, and this is a variation on those, but in a boot form.
post #1512 of 4426
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post

Mocha Oil Tan Roughout Service Boot

This is the 5th time I've worn them and I took this pic after spending hours clearing brush and invasive plants during a company outing. On the boat a co-worker said "your boots are beautiful, you're going to ruin them!" on the ride back another said "they look awesome and like nothing happened to them"

Can't believe how well built and comfortable Vibergs are.


Holy shit those look nice
post #1513 of 4426
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post


With a black sole, they would have looked completely different. It would have been a high contrast look, as opposed to the tonal look. It's a matter of taste. Some people prefer the look of the stark black and white Ann Demeulemeester kicks. I liked the dusty rose ones from this summer, with a thin beige sole, or the gradient ones. These boots could have gone either way. They went the way they did because of my personal taste - and these boots are highly idiosyncratic. I have a closetful of sneakers in varying grey tones with white soles, and this is a variation on those, but in a boot form.

With respect to the contrast, you are right. Your boots would have had a high contrast with black soles. I also have many shoes with white or beige soles as I love a comfort of Vibram christy, 2021 or Red Wing soles. However, as I get older, I feel like wearing shoes with darker outsoles for some reason. To give up those comfortable outsoles is quite difficult for me as I sometimes do physical task at my work. I often wonder why many shoes are not made on darker Vibram outsoles to reduce a little contrast against upper body colour. I've seen black or blown 2021 soles though, not with christy soles yet. Long story short, I simply wanted to see your boots on a little darker Vibram soles. Nevertheless, your boots are outstanding!

post #1514 of 4426
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasteurisation View Post

With respect to the contrast, you are right. Your boots would have had a high contrast with black soles. I also have many shoes with white or beige soles as I love a comfort of Vibram christy, 2021 or Red Wing soles. However, as I get older, I feel like wearing shoes with darker outsoles for some reason. To give up those comfortable outsoles is quite difficult for me as I sometimes do physical task at my work. I often wonder why many shoes are not made on darker Vibram outsoles to reduce a little contrast against upper body colour. I've seen black or blown 2021 soles though, not with christy soles yet. Long story short, I simply wanted to see your boots on a little darker Vibram soles. Nevertheless, your boots are outstanding!

I think that a lot of those shoes are meant also to emulate sneakers - especially, say, laceups on wedge soles.
post #1515 of 4426
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasteurisation View Post

With respect to the contrast, you are right. Your boots would have had a high contrast with black soles. I also have many shoes with white or beige soles as I love a comfort of Vibram christy, 2021 or Red Wing soles. However, as I get older, I feel like wearing shoes with darker outsoles for some reason. To give up those comfortable outsoles is quite difficult for me as I sometimes do physical task at my work. I often wonder why many shoes are not made on darker Vibram outsoles to reduce a little contrast against upper body colour. I've seen black or blown 2021 soles though, not with christy soles yet. Long story short, I simply wanted to see your boots on a little darker Vibram soles. Nevertheless, your boots are outstanding!

I think that a lot of those shoes are meant also to emulate sneakers - especially, say, laceups on wedge soles.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots