Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions Last post on 2/28/14 at 12:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition Last post on 5/16/14 at 7:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Viberg Boots - Page 995post #14912 of 184851/1/16 at 8:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by gsgleason
Those are Akeem's.
He originally got the mahogany shell but was displeased with a tear on the cap toe and settled on a replacement pair in natural shell.
That would be quite the return on investment if he actually got that much. (1100 -> 2500).
If it was my size I'd offer $1125 to cover his original costs. I can't imagine anyone paying this much for natural shell.
I think these natural shell boots are nicer than the mahogany.post #14913 of 184851/1/16 at 8:41pmpost #14914 of 184851/1/16 at 9:20pmQuote:
It prevented raw denim bleed? I used a different brand nano spray on some sneakers and still got bleed (but no other stains). Looking to add a boondocker this year and while I expect some indigo bleed I want to minimize it. Think this brand is really that much better?post #14915 of 184851/1/16 at 9:46pmpost #14916 of 184851/1/16 at 9:50pmpost #14917 of 184851/1/16 at 10:13pm
Are people sizing derby differently from the boots given the same last?
Specifically, the italian grey derby on the 2030, unstructured toe listed on viberg.com
I'm a 9D on the Brannock & for most Allen Edmonds.
Since the AEs I have are on their sleeker lasts with a more chiseled tapered toe (mora 2.0, carlyle, cornwallis) , I have about 1" space in front of the toe with dress socks and they fit well. Their new 1st Ave boots, I had to go down to 8.5D since it ran large
I have 1" in front of my 8.5D Alden Indys and while I'm not swimming in them, they do feel slightly more sloppy in the toe area, though very comfortable. They look slightly clownish on me, perhaps due to the wider welt edge + voluminous toe area. May be a last design rather than a fit issue.
Also, 8.5D Wolverine 1000, but 8D fits as well with dress socks without any pain points.
I'd go with 8.5D even though it's slightly roomy b/c my feet swell quite a bit especially on planes..I'd never get the boot on/off on a 8D.
Should I be going for a 8.5D or a 8D on the derby (and boot), granted I'm in CA and will be wearing medium weight dress socks most of the time?
Edited by austunner - 1/1/16 at 10:29pmpost #14918 of 184851/1/16 at 10:43pmQuote:
I've never tried any other product (other than like scotch for my hunting gear). I ordered A number of Saphir products a few years ago from the hanger project based on recommendations of others. I was so initially impressed that I never looked back.
It won't prevent all denim bleed you will get some especially with raw denim but it will mitigate it a great deal.post #14919 of 184851/2/16 at 4:35amQuote:
Hilarious. It's not like your selling an iPhone or something. The funny thing is, the only people obsessed enough with Viberg to even think about paying your overblown price are the folks around here.post #14920 of 184851/2/16 at 3:50pmpost #14921 of 184851/2/16 at 4:03pmpost #14922 of 184851/2/16 at 11:24pmpost #14923 of 184851/3/16 at 9:37ampost #14924 of 184851/3/16 at 4:07pmpost #14925 of 184851/3/16 at 8:25pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 5 minutes ago
- › Glenroyal tan document case 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › How about Cole Haan Made in Maine shoes 11 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 21 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...