These are beautiful boots. If Viberg made these available again I'd pay way too much for them.
Those look great! I was just yanking yer chain since you remind me of myself and my inability to say 'no' to another drink (or pair of Vibergs). In my opinion those are way too close to Icy Mocha. If only you were a half size bigger you could sell me a pair!
Looking for some advice on purchasing the Icy Mocha CXL from Notre on the 2045 last as after recently picking up the 110 Waxed Flesh Commando from Notre I kind of thought that would be my last Viberg purchase for a long while, however I have nothing on the 2045 and this is the nearest thing I have seen to the Context make up on horse butt.
I generally wear a mix of 2030/110 with 2030 more with chinos/slim fit jeans and the 110's more with straight cut denim and more casual clothing. So, the questions on this are
- Should I stick with a size 10 (which is my sizing in 110 and 2030)?
- I prefer the 110 as a last, and was considering the 1035 as a next purchase, however for those that prefer the 110, what's your view on the 2045?
- With the boot being similar to the Context, how do people generally wear that boot or the Notre, is it more of a work boot shape?
- How does the Icy Mocha age as I generally prefer a more heavily worn leather on these type of boots (the only pair I keep immaculate are the Color 8 for a smarter look)
- Do you think it fits well in the rotation below, taking into account the last / colour?
1. Viberg x Superdenim 145 Oxford (110 Last, Black CXL, Unstructured toe, Vibram White 4014 Christy Sole)
2. Viberg Service Boot (2030 Last, Natty CXL , Partially structured toe, Dainite Sole)
3. Viberg Service Boot (2030 Last, Color 8 CXL, Partially structured toe, Double Leather Sole)
4. Viberg Boondocker (2030 Last, Natty CXL Roughout, Unstructured toe, Double Leather Sole)
5. Viberg x Cabourn Broad Arrow Chukka (110 Last, Mocha CXL Roughout, Unstructured toe, Vibram Sahara 2060 Sole)
6. Viberg x Inventory 145 Oxford (110 Last, Vintage Tan CXL Roughout, Unstructured toe, Vibram Sahara 2060 Sole (previously had ripple sole)
7. Viberg x Notre (110 Last, Brown Waxed Flesh, CXL, Commando Sole)
Thanks in advance.
I'll stick to the sizing question. I have the Icy Mocha 2045 from Notre. My other two pairs of Viberg are 10.5, both 2030. I sized the same in the 2045 and I am happy with the fit.
Do the calfskin service boots have any type of gusseting? From the pictures, it looks like the top of the tongue is free, but not sure if they're like alden indys where it's fully flopping until the lowest eyelet or if there's some gusset 1/2 way down. FWIW, my left indy boot's tongue kept slipping off the top of my foot so I had to get a 1" stitch put in, so this is something to consider with my boots, I realize.
anyone interested in a pretty much brand new pair of Notre x Viberg coffee chromepaks in a size 9? I don't think they're going to work for me, but they're a bit too "used" to return back to Notre.
Planning to put up on grailed, but figured I would ping this group first, will let them go for a good price.