On average, they are. Is every one? Of course not.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions Last post on 2/28/14 at 12:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition Last post on 5/16/14 at 7:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Viberg Boots - Page 100post #1486 of 175308/13/13 at 8:04pmpost #1487 of 175308/13/13 at 8:05pmQuote:
Yeah most asian stores only stock up to 42.5, can't think of how many times I was in isetan or another store and couldn't even try on shoespost #1488 of 175308/13/13 at 8:07pmpost #1489 of 175308/13/13 at 9:01pmRe. the 2045 last, but if there are 4 takers for any shoe, put your ayes in here. I think that we will finish put with the poll that the have ongoing first, and then move onto another poll, but I am definitely taking notes.
I personally really like the more traditional, rounded toe 110 last (it is an EEE last, fwiw. This from Guy this afternoon), and like the unconstructed toe, and my second choice would be the 2040 last for a lower profile boot, but I'm open to any ideas that have some traction.
Fok.post #1490 of 175308/13/13 at 9:25pmpost #1491 of 175308/14/13 at 12:22amWith all the furore around the 2030 (and I'd definitely be up for purchasing boots on a different last), I thought it might be useful, instead of posting just comparative brand sizes you wear, to post measurements of your largest foot and the Viberg size you are comfortable in.
So for example my largest foot (left) measures 28.5cm in length and 10.8cm in width, and after a few days of breaking in I'm finding the 2030 last on a 9.5 fits quite well.
A caveat is that I like my boots tight, and wear medium thickness socks at the very most, normally thinner socks due to the warmth in Australia.post #1492 of 175308/14/13 at 9:04ampost #1493 of 175308/14/13 at 12:21pm2045
One has 7 and the other 10 eyelets
One gold colored and other brass
Perforated Cap Toe
Upper Banded connected to Tongue
This boot would look great in any Chromexcel or Calf.
I would get this boot in one of the more expensive leathers, but it would look great in any leather.
The dark boot has black stitching on the sole
The lighter boot has white stitching on the sole
These are samples from a long time ago when shells were available. They just did this exact boot in French Calf. It's on their blog and it looks incredible.
My friend has these in regular calf and Chromexcel. I'll try to grab some pics for you guys. These boots have been worn many times.
Just to give you an idea of what the darker /045 would look like in a 2030 below is the 2030 in the same leather/style/eyelets/sole without the upper band. This boot has a soft leather bellows tongue.
You can see how restrictive it is in width and height of the toe.post #1494 of 175308/14/13 at 12:27pmpost #1495 of 175308/14/13 at 12:29pmpost #1496 of 175308/14/13 at 1:54pmHey everyone,
Sorry i haven't chimed in for so long. I've been on the road a lot and then was having trouble with my SF account. Anyways, just so everyone is aware this whole Styleforum group buy thing is really Fok's project. He'll be your point of contact for anything related to it and i'll be in close contact with him directly. We've been talking a lot over the last couple of weeks and i think this project will be a great opportunity for people to have a direct influence on product being made and also a venue to experiment with some things on a smaller scale, like say a distressed boot for example. You guys should be aware that Fok is going well out of his way to make this whole thing work and will be devoting a ton of his own time to it. It really wouldn't be happening without him.
As for the sizing thing, no last is going to be the perfect last for everyone. I have a regular width foot (no problem with buying shoes "off the rack") and the 2030 is fine for me. Andrew from 3sixteen has a relatively wide foot if i remember correctly and wears the 2030 daily with no issues. I sold over 100 pairs of the 4H Service Boot all on the 2030 and less than half a dozen people reported having any serious issues with the width. Keep in mind the 4H boot is made with one of our particularly unforgiving work boot leathers (cordovan would have the same stiffness issue). The same boot in CXL for example would be much easier to wear for a variety of foot shapes. We only have one version of the 2030 and it's an E width as marked by the last manufacturers. I also have a pair of boots on the 110 last and find them really comfortable and overall a more casual looking shoe. The issue with the 110 is that it doesn't have much shape through the waist. The 2040 and the 2045 have more of a Munson shape to them and are a little nicer than the 110 in that regard. They both also have considerably more depth in the toebox than the 2030 which is the real issue most people have with wearing it. I know i promised a size guide a while back but it will be coming soon. I think seeing good pictures of the lasts (particularly the base plates) will give everyone a better idea of what's what. We're also working on a couple of new shapes that are still in development.post #1497 of 175308/15/13 at 3:37ampost #1498 of 175308/15/13 at 4:44ampost #1499 of 175308/15/13 at 12:26pmCross post from the VibergxSF MTO thread:
BTW, here are my boots being polished. irl, the boots have a little more brown in the grey than is shown in the picture, but the nature of the leather is such that it's nearly impossible to capture 100%. This is reasonably close though. Much better than I could do. They came laced up with waxed cotton "bone" laces. You can see how this is a "sneaker boot", I hope. It's not unlike the Visvim Virgil, but with a more sneaker/moonboot feel to it. So good.post #1500 of 175308/15/13 at 1:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
Cross post from the VibergxSF MTO thread:
BTW, here are my boots being polished. irl, the boots have a little more brown in the grey than is shown in the picture, but the nature of the leather is such that it's nearly impossible to capture 100%. This is reasonably close though. Much better than I could do. They came laced up with waxed cotton "bone" laces. You can see how this is a "sneaker boot", I hope. It's not unlike the Visvim Virgil, but with a more sneaker/moonboot feel to it. So good.
They look great. I like their casual look so much. Was it a bad idea to go with black Vibram 2021 soles instead?
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
Currently, there are 911 Active Users (118 Members and 793 Guests)
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 28 minutes ago
- › Gucci Horsebit Loafers 29 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 40 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding