or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 972

post #14566 of 19328
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDRH View Post

Adding a little 310 love - just got these today. As always even better than expected and Im not big into CXL
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Where from? You spring for Kentaurus?
post #14567 of 19328
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post


Where from? You spring for Kentaurus?

Cultizm - Kentaurus much like Context doesnt order for people of my diminutive size ;)

post #14568 of 19328

Does anyone know what I can use on nubuck leather that is dried out from scrubing out a stain? Will a regular leather conditioner be fine? (ex: redwing leather conditioner)

post #14569 of 19328
I would not use a cream leather conditioner on nubuck. There are special spray conditioners available. That and a brush your best bet.
post #14570 of 19328

there are leather delicate creams that might work

post #14571 of 19328
Quote:
Originally Posted by hocks16 View Post
 

Does anyone know what I can use on nubuck leather that is dried out from scrubing out a stain? Will a regular leather conditioner be fine? (ex: redwing leather conditioner)


what leather are you working on?

post #14572 of 19328
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlchau View Post

Got word from PTC that the black waxed flesh bad seed are in production.  Unfortunately they had to change it from 10 eyelets to 8.  Not sure how I feel about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hem state View Post

Thanks for the heads up. I'm in the same boat with you, but I think it should still look the same... Though I do wish Viberg and the PTC and Notre, in a previous case, could lock in what the boots would look like before setting up a pre-order...

Same. I really kind of had my heart set on the 10 eyelets...
post #14573 of 19328
Quote:
Originally Posted by hocks16 View Post

Does anyone know what I can use on nubuck leather that is dried out from scrubing out a stain? Will a regular leather conditioner be fine? (ex: redwing leather conditioner)

The folks at Leffot told me to condition my Alden tobacco chamois boots (aka nubuck) with Montana Pitch Blend.
post #14574 of 19328
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDRH View Post
 

Latigo would be nice


Latigo is not very thick, at least on the Viberg Half Japanese I have.  I've seen much thicker chromexcel and oil tan. It does feel dense and strong and not very stretchy, though, and I bet it comes in thicker grades than what was used on my shoes

post #14575 of 19328

Does anyone know who might stock a 2045 or 1035 lasted boondocker, in something other than a corded sole (preferably leather), in a size 11.5?  Superdenim does the 1035 but only up to 11. I first wanted 2030 pretty bad but the 2045 is growing on me, but I'm not a huge fan on the cord sole, as it find it too dark. Would probably be looking to pick it up near the end of the month or early 2016. My search has given me nothing.

 

edit: alternatively, does anyone have some nice photos of their (or anyone's) boondockers with a corded sole? Perhaps in an effort to win me over if I can't find anything else.


Edited by Nakedsnake - 12/4/15 at 12:14am
post #14576 of 19328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakedsnake View Post
 

Does anyone know who might stock a 2045 or 1035 lasted boondocker, in something other than a corded sole (preferably leather), in a size 11.5?  Superdenim does the 1035 but only up to 11. I first wanted 2030 pretty bad but the 2045 is growing on me, but I'm not a huge fan on the cord sole, as it find it too dark. Would probably be looking to pick it up near the end of the month or early 2016. My search has given me nothing.

 

edit: alternatively, does anyone have some nice photos of their (or anyone's) boondockers with a corded sole? Perhaps in an effort to win me over if I can't find anything else.

 

I originally did not care for the corded sole just on looks but after getting the context horsebutt it has one me over...there are alot of light brown flecks in the sole which sort of match with the rough out. I have the 2045 Club Monaco..have not worn it but I think it looks pretty good...

 

A perfect boondocker for me would be 110 or 2040 with white upper contrast stitching, stitchdown, structured toe with a double leather sole with half lug or vibram half sole...I have to say there is something really nice looking about the MrPorter boondocker on leather sole - the leather edge that does through to the heel looks great.

post #14577 of 19328
Hey guys. Do you think natural cxl, especially after worn in, would be too similar to coffee chrompack? I didn't think so at first, but after seeing some pics I'm not so sure. Your thoughts are appreciated.
post #14578 of 19328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

I originally did not care for the corded sole just on looks but after getting the context horsebutt it has one me over...there are alot of light brown flecks in the sole which sort of match with the rough out. I have the 2045 Club Monaco..have not worn it but I think it looks pretty good...

A perfect boondocker for me would be 110 or 2040 with white upper contrast stitching, stitchdown, structured toe with a double leather sole with half lug or vibram half sole...I have to say there is something really nice looking about the MrPorter boondocker on leather sole - the leather edge that does through to the heel looks great.

Here is an 11.5 boondocker on the 2045 last.
Look on Grailed.
post #14579 of 19328
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchottie View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

I originally did not care for the corded sole just on looks but after getting the context horsebutt it has one me over...there are alot of light brown flecks in the sole which sort of match with the rough out. I have the 2045 Club Monaco..have not worn it but I think it looks pretty good...

A perfect boondocker for me would be 110 or 2040 with white upper contrast stitching, stitchdown, structured toe with a double leather sole with half lug or vibram half sole...I have to say there is something really nice looking about the MrPorter boondocker on leather sole - the leather edge that does through to the heel looks great.

Here is an 11.5 boondocker on the 2045 last.
Look on Grailed.

 

That is the GYW one I think

post #14580 of 19328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

That is the GYW one I think

Yes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots