Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions Last post on 2/28/14 at 12:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition Last post on 5/16/14 at 7:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Viberg Boots - Page 95post #1411 of 156308/8/13 at 10:34pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1412 of 156308/8/13 at 11:52pmQuote:Quote:
7 eyelets is fine and I especially like the idea of the cap toe.
I am leaning more toward a 2030 last and hate the idea of 310 last. -simple google search- (pic of 310 last included in this post)
Any more input on this Mocha Chromexcel service boot?post #1413 of 156308/9/13 at 12:22ampost #1414 of 156308/9/13 at 12:40ampost #1415 of 156308/9/13 at 1:35am
Sure Arizor, I'll list the specs that I am aware for those 2 black boots. Also, leather options for a black service boot are at the moment (at least for single MTO) Black Oil Tan and Black Chromexcel.
The Manufactum's 1940 Service Boots:
- to my understanding, 2030 last
- black shell cordovan upper (note that the togue is not made of cordovan)
- Unlined shaft, front area lined with calfskin
- partial box toe/partially structured toe, meaning that "It basically covers the edge of the front end" as Morgan put it.
- dainite sole
- natural single midsole
- 5 eyelets, no top band
Tate+Yoko 1950 Service Boot
- 2030 last
- black calf leather
- to my understanding, no box toe/unconstructed toe
- natural single midsole
- 6 eyelets
There is also single MTO black cordovan 1950 Service Boot you might be interested, but I don't know the specs for sure (you could ask about them directly from inquire at SuFu, if needed):post #1416 of 156308/9/13 at 6:57ampost #1417 of 156308/9/13 at 10:33ampost #1418 of 156308/9/13 at 12:55pmMy suggestion would be something along the lines of:
style: Service Boot
leather: Vintage Tan Roughout
toe cap: Brogue Captoe Baroque Toe Cap (maybe straight but probably not)
last: 2030 Last (possibly 2040 if too many people found the 2030 too narrow)
sole: Dainite Sole or leather sole
Basically, something along the lines of the follow collaboration with Nigel Cabourn but without the pre-distressing:
The other makeup I would love to see would be the same as the whiskey scotch grain cavalier and brown CXL (two colors in other words) service boot they have as a standard but on a sleeker last like the 2030. So, something like the following boot but with a sleeker toe box:post #1419 of 156308/9/13 at 5:23pmpost #1420 of 156308/9/13 at 5:40pmQuote:
Awesome! Though it seems the others expressing interest in black boots may have a different aesthetic vision than I didpost #1421 of 156308/9/13 at 5:57pmpost #1422 of 156308/9/13 at 6:10pmQuote:
Thanks for all your effort........It's much appreciated. Should be exciting to see what comes together........
Edpost #1423 of 156308/9/13 at 6:46pmpost #1424 of 156308/9/13 at 6:59pm
Lots of service boots, how about an suede oxford with a unstructured toe?
Basically this with a Vibram 2060 sole.
Vibram 2060 tan soleVibram 2060 tan sole (Click to show)
- Style: OXFORD
- Last: 2030
- Leather: CALICO GREY ROUGH OUT
- Thread Colour: BROWN
- Eyelets: GUNMETAL
- Toe Cap: NONE
- Sole: VIBRAM 2060 TAN SOLE
- Edge Trim: NATURAL
- Toe Box: UNSTRUCTUREDpost #1425 of 156308/9/13 at 9:01pm
- Viberg Boots
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Viberg Boots 14 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 1 minute ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 5 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.