or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 939

post #14071 of 19284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviv View Post


This forum cracks me up. What do you expect, exactly? A new, super rare one-off leather every time? People seem to forget that Viberg is still a very small operation. As more people become more and more aware of them and their market grows, they need to continue sticking with what works and what is in demand: the 2030 service boot that really has always been their best seller. My guess is the MTO's to be done through the forum have limited days as well. 

In any event, the new icy mocha boot is the only current CXL offering on stitch down. Looks to me like they are filling a gap in their inventory by offering them. 

No I don't expect a rare one off leather. I don't even like rare, one off leathers. I also understand that there is a need to manufacture a staple model that sells regularly. Viberg has always been a small company and was smaller 4-5 years ago when they they seemed to offer more diversified models, along with the MTO. VB is an awesome family owned business with a world class product and seems to be evolving quickly into a new customerbase. While that process unfolds, things change: operations become more efficient, MTO disappears, more common product offerings, stitch down to GYW, and older customers (me) will bitch and complain. Despite the bitchy tone of my last post, I love VB and will continue to own whatever comes out that I like. For now, I still find plenty of VB boots that I love; it just takes a little more effort to find product from different sources. With that said, yes, the Service Boot on 2030 is still boring.
post #14072 of 19284

PSA: I just put my 1035 tan horsehide service boots (with antique brass eyelets added) for sale on the B&S

post #14073 of 19284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ennui View Post

I'm a 6.5E or 7D in Barrie, 7D Trubalance - what size should I take in 1035 both with insoles and without?


I would say Size 7 on the 1035 should be good, but what kind of insoles are you talking about?  I sized Viberg the same as my Alden Barrie/Trubalance sizing and I haven't had any issues with it.

post #14074 of 19284
Quote:
Originally Posted by wms68 View Post

110 on Vibram, such a comfortable combo after a long time wearing 2030 on dainite/leather soles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loanshark View Post

I would buy the mocha chukkas in 9.5 immediately if I could find them.  They look great wms68

Are these how they originally shipped or did you by any chance dye them? I picked up a pair of these in the sand color but they are reminding me too much of construction worker boots and a darker brown works better for me personally. Contemplating dyeing them a darker shade...
post #14075 of 19284
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe View Post



Are these how they originally shipped or did you by any chance dye them? I picked up a pair of these in the sand color but they are reminding me too much of construction worker boots and a darker brown works better for me personally. Contemplating dyeing them a darker shade...


Original color, CabounXViberg believe its still being made. You could try "dubbing/waxing"  

post #14076 of 19284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneleigh View Post
 


Thanks for sharing.  Did all that happen naturally?  Where did you wear them for all that to occur?  Those are nice, though I do have mixed feelings about it personally.  I guess I'm a little too OCD to be able to embrace such inconsistencies on my boots.  Maybe I'll like it better when it's more evenly roughed up.  Or maybe I'll keep mine waxed, or just strategically aged.

 

Yeah, all naturally (didn't use sandpaper or anything).  I hiked, did some heavy yard work and in general, used them as beater, work boots.  I wasn't careful going up stairs or such as I usually am with my other boots, so if I brushed up against concrete/etc. I didn't mind.  They actually scuff pretty easily.  You can just run your fingernail down it and it will scuff.

 

I'm OCD enough that I have all my boots/shoes in a spreadsheet!  I also tend to work on scuffs when I get them.  I brush before and after I wear boots and usually remove any scuffs before putting them away.  I guess I'm just treating these boots quite differently.  It's kind of nice in a way not having to worry about scuffing or banging up your footwear.

 

I've got a pair of OSB roughout Trench boots that I waxed using HDLP.  They didn't quite come out looking like my waxed flesh Vibergs.  I thought I read that that's actually a wheat paste or something.  

post #14077 of 19284

Could you guys shed some light on Rubberized Leather and how it ages? I'm interested in the ones from Notre Shop. http://www.notre-shop.com/collections/viberg-boots/products/service-boot-in-rubberized-leather.

post #14078 of 19284
Quote:
Originally Posted by billymax View Post


No I don't expect a rare one off leather. I don't even like rare, one off leathers. I also understand that there is a need to manufacture a staple model that sells regularly. Viberg has always been a small company and was smaller 4-5 years ago when they they seemed to offer more diversified models, along with the MTO. VB is an awesome family owned business with a world class product and seems to be evolving quickly into a new customerbase. While that process unfolds, things change: operations become more efficient, MTO disappears, more common product offerings, stitch down to GYW, and older customers (me) will bitch and complain. Despite the bitchy tone of my last post, I love VB and will continue to own whatever comes out that I like. For now, I still find plenty of VB boots that I love; it just takes a little more effort to find product from different sources. With that said, yes, the Service Boot on 2030 is still boring.


EXACTLY.

post #14079 of 19284
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post


I would say Size 7 on the 1035 should be good, but what kind of insoles are you talking about?  I sized Viberg the same as my Alden Barrie/Trubalance sizing and I haven't had any issues with it.

Thanks for the response. I don't normally use insoles but I have flat feet so was thinking maybe I should. So you think a Viberg 7 should be fine without insoles? Would I need to wear thick socks? And I guess I might need a 7.5 if I wanted an insole?
post #14080 of 19284
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post
 

 

Yeah, all naturally (didn't use sandpaper or anything).  I hiked, did some heavy yard work and in general, used them as beater, work boots.  I wasn't careful going up stairs or such as I usually am with my other boots, so if I brushed up against concrete/etc. I didn't mind.  They actually scuff pretty easily.  You can just run your fingernail down it and it will scuff.

 

I'm OCD enough that I have all my boots/shoes in a spreadsheet!  I also tend to work on scuffs when I get them.  I brush before and after I wear boots and usually remove any scuffs before putting them away.  I guess I'm just treating these boots quite differently.  It's kind of nice in a way not having to worry about scuffing or banging up your footwear.

 

I've got a pair of OSB roughout Trench boots that I waxed using HDLP.  They didn't quite come out looking like my waxed flesh Vibergs.  I thought I read that that's actually a wheat paste or something.  


I love that you have a spreadsheet!  I need to do that!!  

 

I think your plan is a good one...just wear them and not worry about it.  I think I will end up doing the same, if for no other reason than not having the time to deal with the upkeep.  And that's really what this waxed leather is all about.  I have noticed that even the most minor brush against a hard surface will result in a scuff.  The great thing about the oil tanned leather is that those scuffs just rub away.  But with the waxed flesh, you just gotta embrace it I guess.

post #14081 of 19284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Dieu View Post


Original color, CabounXViberg believe its still being made. You could try "dubbing/waxing"  

Yes, here was the original full set, they have recently done a rerun but with a slightly different Vibram sole (2060 vs 2021 i think - the newer sole is the oil resisting one with a less pronounced heel) and a pull tab, however not seen them in the Mocha.

post #14082 of 19284
Here are Mr Porter Natural CXL after a couple of months of wear and some VSC

post #14083 of 19284
145 Roughout Oxford on 110

post #14084 of 19284
Quote:
Originally Posted by wms68 View Post

Here are Mr Porter Natural CXL after a couple of months of wear and some VSC
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I hope the VSC darkened them as I have no interest in mine turning that dark naturally... not that I dont love the look of yours but I have several boots in that color already.

post #14085 of 19284

err wrong thread - delete

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots