Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 8/27/15 at 7:39am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 5/2/15 at 9:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 7/31/15 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions Last post on 2/28/14 at 12:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition Last post on 5/16/14 at 7:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Viberg Boots - Page 93
Styleforum Top Picks
I think eventually there would be cordovan offering. In speaking with Viberg in the past this would change the leadtime and cost considerably. This is going to be an on-going process so my suggestion is just to wait for the particular makeup that appeals to you.
Right now, it seems like there is a lot of interest in a Iced Mocha service chromexel boot on the 2030 last with a natural midsole, brown (essentially tonal) stitching and a dainite outsole. Looks like the pair there has a black tongue (AFAIK, a CXL tongue is not technically feasible), we can do either 7 (standard) or 8 eyelets. I see no reason that this can't be done.
This sounds really nice, a classic combo... would it have a cap-toe?
I feel you. I am the same way. I have a pair in the 2030 last, and while they look cool, they are not that comfortable to wear. I would definitely advocate for a deconstructed toe on the 110 last. I chose that, and that was also Guy and Morgan's recommendation.
I prefer the clean and simple look of plain toe 1950 service boots (no box toe, dainite sole, 2030 last, 6 eyelets, natural sole edge) over the brogue cap-toes.
Tate+Yoko had one in black calf:
And then there was the brown version at Superdenim
I'll wait a month or two before ordering more Vibergs, but if there will be enough interest then, perhaps we could do also something like those two, but in either icy mocha cxl, some thick horse hide or shell cordovan (would prefer walnut, #8 or black scotch grain cordovan as I already ordered black cordovan 1940 service boots from manufactum.de).
Many here have already said it, but I also want to emphasize how very pleased I've been with the folks at Viberg. Just recently Morgan has been extremely helpful with the various questions I've had about MTO orders, stock models for European retailers, shell cordovan availability and what not.
edit: Thanks Find Finn! I have, and they sure are great.
These well used older 4horsemen's service boots look stunning:
Edited by Joona - 8/8/13 at 2:29pm
- Viberg Boots
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 8 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 50 seconds ago
- › Butler Luxury dark matte Walnut espresso hangers! (Coat sz S, Suit... 59 seconds ago
- › Suggestions for matching pocket square 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Styleforum Meetup San Francisco September 17 Cafe Zoetrope 6:00PM 3 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 5 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) 6 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015