or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 914

post #13696 of 19326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviv View Post
 

Anyone here pic up the tan bison boots? I'd love to see some pics to hold me over until mine arrive. 

 


The 1035 is a good match for this leather in my opinion.  Also a great fit out of the box compared the 2030.  One boot shows more grain than the other but it doesnt bother me because after they wrinkle and being an unstructered toe it will kind of even out.  How many chances will I get to have a boot like this?  All my male friends are AMAZED by the bison leather but female friends look at the leather and just shake their heads.  :lol: 

post #13697 of 19326
Quote:
Originally Posted by sask boot View Post












The 1035 is a good match for this leather in my opinion.  Also a great fit out of the box compared the 2030.  One boot shows more grain than the other but it doesnt bother me because after they wrinkle and being an unstructered toe it will kind of even out.  How many chances will I get to have a boot like this?  All my male friends are blown by the bison  but female friends look at the leather and just shake their heads.  lol8%5B1%5D.gif
Your male friends must have a smile on their faces.
post #13698 of 19326

 

 

 


My ebony latigo on the 2030.  The 2030 is a nicer looking last than the 1035 but I am finding it a slightly difficult break in. My right foot is just a little bigger than my left.  The left boot is no problem.  I know my size is correct.  It is more of the thickness of leather that viberg uses compared to other bootmakers.  Breaking in my Edward Green boots gave me trouble in the same spot.  I take that as a good sign.  I know around 10 wears or so it will be fine and if not I will get them professionally stretched.  If I went a half size up they would be too long and I hate that feeling more.

post #13699 of 19326

Would you guys say the 2030 has more length than barrie? I have a 12D heel to ball but my larger foot measures JUST shy of 11.5D. Any help would be appreciated!

post #13700 of 19326
size 11 of Context horsebutt just pop up on the site. any sf pal return the boot?
post #13701 of 19326
^ I wear 11 E in Barrie and the 2030 in 11 fits me perfect.
post #13702 of 19326
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPDarb View Post

Would you guys say the 2030 has more length than barrie? I have a 12D heel to ball but my larger foot measures JUST shy of 11.5D. Any help would be appreciated!

My personal experience feels like the 2030 is a quarter size longer in the heel to ball than the barrie but pretty damn close in visible length.

I'm an 8c Barrie, 8.5c on the Brannock. My heel to ball is also spot on at 8.5.

I have the 2030 in both a 7.5 (cxl) and 8 (shell). I feel the 7.5 was a bit short out of the box for the heel to ball, but after many wears (like 20+) the heel counter has broken in enough that it's good enough. The 8 shell boot doesn't feel like it would do the same and I'm happy I have an 8, but it is slightly long. I have an Alden 975 in an 8c which is one of my best fitting shoes.
post #13703 of 19326

Took the slim waxed out for a drive today.  Love 'em.  Looking forward to putting these through a lot of abuse.

 

post #13704 of 19326

x   I would love to see these in on a 110 last in the next round.

 

post #13705 of 19326
Quote:
Originally Posted by FENWAY View Post

^ I wear 11 E in Barrie and the 2030 in 11 fits me perfect.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandall10 View Post


My personal experience feels like the 2030 is a quarter size longer in the heel to ball than the barrie but pretty damn close in visible length.

I'm an 8c Barrie, 8.5c on the Brannock. My heel to ball is also spot on at 8.5.

I have the 2030 in both a 7.5 (cxl) and 8 (shell). I feel the 7.5 was a bit short out of the box for the heel to ball, but after many wears (like 20+) the heel counter has broken in enough that it's good enough. The 8 shell boot doesn't feel like it would do the same and I'm happy I have an 8, but it is slightly long. I have an Alden 975 in an 8c which is one of my best fitting shoes.


Thanks for the info, guys. I tried the 10.5D, 11C, and 11D barrie. The 11D was a bit roomy but best fit overall. Let hope those 11 chromepacks are there next week.... one can dream

post #13706 of 19326
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelliniEVO View Post
 

Any idea where I could buy some of these green waxed laces?  The rightlace.com someone linked to a couple pages ago discontinued ones that look similar. 

 

What sole is on these boots?

post #13707 of 19326
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl0nky View Post
 

What sole is on these boots?

Goodyear Commando sole

 

post #13708 of 19326
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekalog View Post

size 11 of Context horsebutt just pop up on the site. any sf pal return the boot?
 

I did, there's a little bit of odd wrinkling on the left boot at the toe but it was a combination of sizing+the wrinkling that turned me off of them. 

post #13709 of 19326

Great thread. So many great looking boots. I'm a fan... Viberg is the most interesting shoe maker to me. When it comes to Viberg, there's always something I'd want which is pretty nice even though these boots aren't cheap, especially in Europe. I own just a pair of Viberg x Leffot Service Boots in Icy Mocha Chromexcel. The best pair of boots I've ever had by a mile. 

 

post #13710 of 19326
Quote:
Originally Posted by emidyl View Post
 

yep will do, down there like once every couple weeks to say hi.

He's Jays obsessed right now. He attended that crazy rangers game 5 last week.

 

:wow:

 

I have a friend who managed to leave work early and caught the game. Even though he got it through StubHub, he sure got his money's worth.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zola View Post
 

I have the natty cxl service boots from L&F and love them. They darken quite a bit over time. I talked to Jonathan about the nubuk when they were in the process of building/designing it. I suggested not to choose the commando sole and go for something sleeker as dianite or leather.. From the pictures it looks unbalanced to me (as I thought so). What was your impression? 

 

I'm not sure if I would want Dainite with it, but I think a leather sole would've looked nicer. Granted, I wouldn't have wanted a leather sole for the sake of not needing to resole it as quickly. I tend to like my non-dress boots devoid of captoes, but it's not a deal breaker otherwise.

 

In spite of all that, I would've considered buying this boot if it wasn't for the things highlighted in my last post. I see that Size 7 has since sold out, which sure helps!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots