How come no pictures of the fat waxed
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions Last post on 2/28/14 at 12:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition Last post on 5/16/14 at 7:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Viberg Boots - Page 912post #13667 of 1931910/20/15 at 1:34amQuote:Originally Posted by linafelt
I Never noticed; never ordered a pair through SF before. Anyway, not a big deal. Just that I am a boot guy but not really a fashion guy. I just imagine my dad (a boot guy himself and a steelworker for 40 years) seeing it and saying "Styleforum, what the hell is that? You wearing ladies shoes now?" (Not that there's anything wrong with that..)
So basically you're this guy:
And your dad is this guy:post #13668 of 1931910/20/15 at 7:37ampost #13669 of 1931910/20/15 at 7:42ampost #13670 of 1931910/20/15 at 7:44ampost #13671 of 1931910/20/15 at 7:49amQuote:Awesome.Originally Posted by Dugafola
just cracked open my HJs and garage boots....first time doing the GMTO And my expectations were exceded. I was wary on the 110 and sizing given that I only have 2030s. i stuck with the same size across the board and they fit amazingly well.
cheers to everyone who made it happen!
I got the same(plus FW'd), and feel the same. Really loving the 110.
It's going to take A LOT of wears to get the kind of wear and patina I know they all can show.post #13672 of 1931910/20/15 at 7:50ampost #13673 of 1931910/20/15 at 7:57ampost #13674 of 1931910/20/15 at 8:30ampost #13675 of 1931910/20/15 at 8:38ampost #13676 of 1931910/20/15 at 9:59ampost #13677 of 1931910/20/15 at 10:07am
Would love to see more pics of the Garage Boot, especially in sun so as to get as sense of that brown oil tan leather...
With regard to the Half-Japanese, I think the thing I like best is the sole and heel. It's intrinsically a great combo, heavy and boot-like, but the execution by Viberg is really something. Notice the way they dovetail the half-sole so well into the second layer of the midsole. And both the midsole and the heel stack are super tight (unlike so many White's), but are not overly polished.
Now, I hate to even think it... BUT, there is a possibility I may have to let mine go... I know, I know, it's killing me. For me it's a matter of fit and feel. I've got weird feet I have come to realize, and with everything but White's it seems I need a real arch-support insole. I have only had a chance to try these on briefly, but am a bit worried that with the insole they may be too tight. I've got a couple more things to try, but for anyone who's a 9.5 and missed out, it may work to your advantage. Oof.post #13678 of 1931910/20/15 at 10:21amQuote:Originally Posted by lifeinabox
@steventI had zero interest in these shoes until your pics. wow and I want.
Thanks!Quote:Originally Posted by gsgleason
I'm having second thoughts about my sizing decision on the most recent round of GTMO.
I ordered the aged bark chukka in in a size 11 as I read that it's significantly larger than other lasts.
For comparison, an 11.5 on 2030 is good length wise but the toe box is a bit narrow. I barely fit into it.
11.5 on 1035 is absolutely perfect.
On Alden, I need either an 11, 11.5 or 12 on Barrie, depending on the construction and material.
Do you think I should have ordered an 11.5 instead on the 110 last? If so, is it too late to change it?
I went down .5 for the 110, though I have tried sizing before from Barneys. 2030 in 110 size is too narrow and too tight in instep. 100 half size down is comfortable for instep and slightly snug for widthpost #13679 of 1931910/20/15 at 10:29ampost #13680 of 1931910/20/15 at 11:42amQuote:
They sold out during pre-orders, which is why you wouldn't have seen them on the shelves.
They're apparently going to do another run of them in the new year, targeted for March. I don't know who mentioned that, and I see no indication of such on the website. Ask Jonathan if interested?
I really want that olive nubuck boot Lost & Found has, but I cannot justify another pair of Vibergs for the foreseeable future. Other purchasing priorities + I really want to try out Truman first + I currently have this weird propensity to own only one piece of footwear from each brand I'm interested in. They do continue to tempt me though...
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...