or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 910

post #13636 of 19313
Hey can one of you guys do a straight on shot of the bottom of the Half-Japanese? Showing the sole and heel? Thanks!
post #13637 of 19313
Quote:
Originally Posted by linafelt View Post

Hey can one of you guys do a straight on shot of the bottom of the Half-Japanese? Showing the sole and heel? Thanks!

Here ya go linafelt. Are these what you were looking for?

post #13638 of 19313
Quote:
Originally Posted by metranger8694 View Post

Here ya go linafelt. Are these what you were looking for?

Yes, thanks! Man, that's a nice heel and sole combo isn't it? Very cool.
post #13639 of 19313
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanbar View Post
 

Quick shot of the skinnies

 

processed by AtomJPEG 1.3.0a

 

Ah, boot-iful.  Thank you for the pic.  Mine arrive manana.  I am stoked.

post #13640 of 19313

I noticed the half-japanese are unlined.  I hadn't really thought about that one way or another, though I recall that the service boots at Standard and Strange used the same ebony latigo leather but were lined.  Is there a reason Viberg linings on some shoes but not others?  I don't think latigo is particularly thick, so I'd have though for a tough (albeit sorta faux) work shoe, they'd line them.  Or is the latigo used thick?  Guess I'll have to wait -- my shoes didn't show up yesterday.

post #13641 of 19313
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemononame View Post

I noticed the half-japanese are unlined.  I hadn't really thought about that one way or another, though I recall that the service boots at Standard and Strange used the same ebony latigo leather but were lined.  Is there a reason Viberg linings on some shoes but not others?  I don't think latigo is particularly thick, so I'd have though for a tough (albeit sorta faux) work shoe, they'd line them.  Or is the latigo used thick?  Guess I'll have to wait -- my shoes didn't show up yesterday.

Latigo is thicker than you are probably thinking. Plus, since it's partly-structured the toe is effectively lined. Only the area around the heel is unlined.
Edited by meso - 10/18/15 at 4:41pm
post #13642 of 19313

Thanks for all the great 1/2 japanese pics. I was wondering how they'd look. Even nicer than expected. Enjoy!

post #13643 of 19313

Glad you guys are liking the boots/shoes!  I didn't get anything this round, but am wearing my, at this point really beaten up, tan bison boots on the regular ripple sole today, in unity.  I have all types of boots from all sorts of companies - Guidi, Trickers, Alfred Sargent, Prada. and Visvim, just of give an ideao breadth.  If the zombie apocalypse came today, though. I would want to be wearing Vibergs.  These are boots build for you to survive the zombie apocalypse in style.

post #13644 of 19313
Quote:
Originally Posted by metranger8694 View Post

Ah ok....

Maybe I'll write Guy at Viberg and pick up a pair or 2.

I'm curious what folks here think. And with the beefy garage boots, those thin laces look sorta out of place.

Looking forward to other garage boot pics and opinions.

Those thin laces on the fat waxed probably wouldn't work either.

Any good outlets that sell a comparable waxed lace to vibergs standard issue?? And in different lengths?
post #13645 of 19313

Just buckled and went for the tan bison...my size was sitting there for a while...

post #13646 of 19313

If anyone is planning on returning the Notre tan horse hide derby in 9.5 let me know.  They have a 9 & 10 available but I can't make those work.

post #13647 of 19313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugafola View Post


Any good outlets that sell a comparable waxed lace to vibergs standard issue?? And in different lengths?


These are what I use for the boots https://www.therightlace.com/products/shoe-brand/wolverine-1000-mile/boot

 

Am looking for 34/35" for the shoes............

post #13648 of 19313
Why not get the Vibergs waxed laces vs a "knockoff"?
post #13649 of 19313
Radical idea tho: if your boots didn't come with the laces you want, just call Viberg. They can probably send them for free.
Edited by meso - 10/19/15 at 1:33pm
post #13650 of 19313
Come to papa..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots