What do you think these are going to cost? Could you possibly send me more info on these. If my trickers mto doesnt go through i might want these
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions Last post on 2/28/14 at 12:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition Last post on 5/16/14 at 7:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Viberg Boots - Page 91post #1351 of 155958/7/13 at 8:33pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1352 of 155958/7/13 at 9:23pmThanks Fok.Quote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
Full truth be told, I got the idea of the chunky, rounded shape, and the slighty exaggerated proportions, from the drawings of John Romita Jr., and specifically from his work on the X-Men during the "Silver Age" of comic books. He drew in broad strokes, essentially presenting sketches, and the figures all had essentially geometric proportions. (for the real nerds out there, this was a pretty strong contrast to the work of John Byrne, who drew before him). He drew a lot of characters walking, and when they were wearing clothes, the male characters nearly invariably wore pegleg pants and chunky, rounded to boots. It seemed like a good pair of boots to get, especially since I am veering away from slim jeans to nearly exaggeratedly slouchy straightlegs.
This is the most original rationale I've ever read for a pair of boots, very cool.post #1353 of 155958/7/13 at 10:08pmQuote:
This looks like a good makeup.
If we keep the sole simple i.e black Dayton or natural sole, you can count me in.post #1354 of 155958/8/13 at 12:21ampost #1355 of 155958/8/13 at 12:26ampost #1356 of 155958/8/13 at 12:38ampost #1357 of 155958/8/13 at 1:42amJust added some venetian cream as they were a bit dry out of the box, now I can leave them for a few months to just accumulate some wear and tear.
Venetian cream is amazing though, so quick and easy, and always brings the shine out regardless of leather (I even use it on my cordovan to similar effect).post #1358 of 155958/8/13 at 2:02amQuote:
I'm interested in an iced mocha service boot if we're talking dainite sole/unstructured toe box, although I'd like to know the price.post #1359 of 155958/8/13 at 3:25ampost #1360 of 155958/8/13 at 3:46amQuote:
We are. I posted the specs above.
I was quoted $700 plus shipping as a custom order. The MTO is typically a 20% up charge so my hope is that these would be around $550 plus shippingpost #1361 of 155958/8/13 at 4:00amhttp://vibergboot.wordpress.com/2012/12/26/11-engineer/
Merlot Cxl or (Brown / ...)
2" Longer Straps
Sole: Double Leather or Vibram 705
Brown Edgepost #1362 of 155958/8/13 at 4:37ampost #1363 of 155958/8/13 at 5:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Arizor
Just added some venetian cream as they were a bit dry out of the box, now I can leave them for a few months to just accumulate some wear and tear.
Venetian cream is amazing though, so quick and easy, and always brings the shine out regardless of leather (I even use it on my cordovan to similar effect).
Stunning!post #1364 of 155958/8/13 at 5:48amQuote:Originally Posted by gnu
All of the build ideas sound great, what about something like this:
calf skin chukka, awesome
Those look soooooooooo goodpost #1365 of 155958/8/13 at 5:49amQuote:
Is there a page set up for this? Like an mto page or something. I would love to buy a pair of these
- Viberg Boots
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Currently, there are 1528 Active Users (370 Members and 1158 Guests)
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 7 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 11 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Need Help. New member. Long time reader :-) 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...