or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 91

post #1351 of 6077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpalaghiuc View Post

A natural chromexel service boot on the 2030 last, and probably with a leather or dainite sole, is definitely a possiblity. I could see that working for any number of looks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

A roughout or suede Chukka with commando sole, would be awesome.
That will look super tough. I think that it's definitely doable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

And sold! So does something in the vein of "w+h x viberg" seem workable Fok? A plain toe distressed charcoal/black nubuck on whichever was their sleeker last.
The most sleek last is the 2030, but the 2040 apparently has the same look, but is slightly more forgiving. It would be SF x Viberg though. No W+H here (though those guys are cool).
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalterweather View Post

In c4est's interview the Viberg guys said they were getting some Guidi leather, will that be available in the SF-MTO program? If so I would love a service boot in dark brown Guidi leather.
Definitely doable. There would nearly certainly be an upcharge. We could offer it, and see if there is enough interest to make it a feasible project.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

Fok, that looks great man.  Is that last picture just of the double natural leather sole and they still need to put on the vibram sole?  awesome....

I would love to get an MTO of basically that design but in an oxford.  I had talked to Morgan, but I think he said that there are no grey roughouts anymore.  Bummer?

Yeah, they just need a Vibram sole there. If you guys are interested, we can definitely do a very similar boot in the MTO program. I personally think that the oxford would be too unbalanced - that double leather midsole + a Vibram sole needs a substantial upper to balance it out - but your mileage may vary.

That was the only hide in that color, but Guy has told me that they are getting in a lot of new stuff, so... there are choices. That picture actually is more like the latigo grey. It's really hard to photograph colors, and that picture is just a little off, from my recollection of the swatches. irl, that leather is more of a "dove" grey, like the "dust" color that DRKSHDW uses. So, latigo grey roughout is a good possibility if the color shown is exactly what you want. If not, maybe a Guidi leather.
post #1352 of 6077

^ ah, yes.  I see what you're saying.  If I'm sticking with the oxford, then maybe cut out the double leather midsole.  

 

Otherwise, if it's a service boot, would definitely want your makeup.  As for the leather, guess we can just sit tight and wait to see the options...especially the guidi leather.  

post #1353 of 6077
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

 

 

I would be in for this "sneaker boot" plus another service boot in something like Iced Mocca CXL, depending on last, sole, etc.

 

Here is a makeup I have been kicking around

 

 

style:           1950 Service Boot
leather:        Horween #8 CXL, Iced Mocca CXL or Brown Horsehide
toe cap:       Baroque Toe Cap (maybe straight but probably not)
last:             2130 Last
sole:            Dainite Sole
midsole:       Single Natural
hardware:     Brass Eyelets

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


It should look pretty similar to this



I would also be in on a cordovan MTO service boot, but not sure if that is possible

 

Fok, how about this makeup I suggested awhile back? It sounds very close to the Natural CXL boot you were talking about but the Iced Mocha CXL is a bit more unique

post #1354 of 6077
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


Fok, how about this makeup I suggested awhile back? It sounds very close to the Natural CXL boot you were talking about but the Iced Mocha CXL is a bit more unique

I would love to get in on a make up like this
post #1355 of 6077
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post


Yeah, they just need a Vibram sole there. If you guys are interested, we can definitely do a very similar boot in the MTO program. I personally think that the oxford would be too unbalanced - that double leather midsole + a Vibram sole needs a substantial upper to balance it out - but your mileage may vary.
.

LA guy, you are having the service boot on a 2030 last fitted with double leather midsoles and a vibram sole??? I was told by Brett last year that such a makeup would not be possible for the service boot! really looking forward to seeing your finished boots
post #1356 of 6077

Fok, it seems that you are receiving great looking boots. Nice colour combination. I really want to see how they come out as they were made in 110 last. Would you mind advising what that double leather midsole is for? What does it make difference from single leather midsole then? 

post #1357 of 6077
Just received my first pair of Viberg from Tate & Yoko.

Bloody tough boots!!! Going to take some breaking in.


post #1358 of 6077
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


Fok, how about this makeup I suggested awhile back? It sounds very close to the Natural CXL boot you were talking about but the Iced Mocha CXL is a bit more unique
I thinkj that we can definitely do that. It seems like there are 2 of you now. We just need to find 2 more! That is a pretty nice looking boot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAB View Post

LA guy, you are having the service boot on a 2030 last fitted with double leather midsoles and a vibram sole??? I was told by Brett last year that such a makeup would not be possible for the service boot! really looking forward to seeing your finished boots
My boots are actually going to be on the 110 last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasteurisation View Post

Fok, it seems that you are receiving great looking boots. Nice colour combination. I really want to see how they come out as they were made in 110 last. Would you mind advising what that double leather midsole is for? What does it make difference from single leather midsole then? 
I wanted a double midsole purely for aesthetic reasons. It's going to be thicker and stiffer than a single leather midsole. The tonal heel is bit of an homage to the heel detailing on Visvim boots. Essentially, I wanted something chunky and streetwear-like.

Full truth be told, I got the idea of the chunky, rounded shape, and the slighty exaggerated proportions, from the drawings of John Romita Jr., and specifically from his work on the X-Men during the "Silver Age" of comic books. He drew in broad strokes, essentially presenting sketches, and the figures all had essentially geometric proportions. (for the real nerds out there, this was a pretty strong contrast to the work of John Byrne, who drew before him). He drew a lot of characters walking, and when they were wearing clothes, the male characters nearly invariably wore pegleg pants and chunky, rounded to boots. It seemed like a good pair of boots to get, especially since I am veering away from slim jeans to nearly exaggeratedly slouchy straightlegs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizor View Post

Just received my first pair of Viberg from Tate & Yoko.
Bloody tough boots!!! Going to take some breaking in.
Those are pretty cool, no doubt.
post #1359 of 6077
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post


I thinkj that we can definitely do that. It seems like there are 2 of you now. We just need to find 2 more! That is a pretty nice looking boot.
 

What do you think these are going to cost? Could you possibly send me more info on these. If my trickers mto doesnt go through i might want these

post #1360 of 6077
Thanks Fok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Full truth be told, I got the idea of the chunky, rounded shape, and the slighty exaggerated proportions, from the drawings of John Romita Jr., and specifically from his work on the X-Men during the "Silver Age" of comic books. He drew in broad strokes, essentially presenting sketches, and the figures all had essentially geometric proportions. (for the real nerds out there, this was a pretty strong contrast to the work of John Byrne, who drew before him). He drew a lot of characters walking, and when they were wearing clothes, the male characters nearly invariably wore pegleg pants and chunky, rounded to boots. It seemed like a good pair of boots to get, especially since I am veering away from slim jeans to nearly exaggeratedly slouchy straightlegs.

This is the most original rationale I've ever read for a pair of boots, very cool.
post #1361 of 6077
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post


I thinkj that we can definitely do that. It seems like there are 2 of you now. We just need to find 2 more! That is a pretty nice looking boot.
 

This looks like a good makeup.

If we keep the sole simple i.e black Dayton or natural sole, you can count me in.

post #1362 of 6077
How bout engineer boots? Any takers....
post #1363 of 6077

i will definitely order a pair  with you guys if its made of any kind of cordovan except for the #8 as i already got one from whites 

post #1364 of 6077
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkusmant View Post

How bout engineer boots? Any takers....

Do you have a particular makeup in mind?

post #1365 of 6077
Just added some venetian cream as they were a bit dry out of the box, now I can leave them for a few months to just accumulate some wear and tear.

Venetian cream is amazing though, so quick and easy, and always brings the shine out regardless of leather (I even use it on my cordovan to similar effect).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots